Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life On Mars - US Version

Life On Mars - US Version

Has anyone else been watching this show? I first watched with skepticism but ended up hooked. Harvey Keitel as the Lt. is a blast. It has a nice surreal feel and brings back lots of 70's memories.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

**Jenna** Guest
    I love that show!

**Jenna** Guest
    Jason O'Mara is so adorable! He's from Dublin Ireland. When he talks he reminds me of Mel Gibson.(even though he's not from ireland)
    Last edited by **Jenna**; 11-07-2008 at 02:52 PM.

motherogod Guest
    I caught this last night because they were talking about it on the radio. It was really good, but there is plenty I still don't get. It was really good and I'll be tuning in regularly now.

Whoopi was a hoot last nite.

**Jenna** Guest
    Yeah she was.

What's "Life On Mars"?

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    What's "Life On Mars"?
    Show that comes on ABC on Thuresaday nights. A cop got shot or something and it sent him back to 1973

**Jenna** Guest
    I didn't see the first episode,maybe he was in an accident,either way it knocked him to'73

^A new drama show on ABC Thursdays. I didn't realize until recently that it was a remake/copy of a UK series.

Basic premise, the lead guy's a detective who's in an accident and wakes up in the 1970's. Of course, he's trying to figure out why and how to get back to present time, and runs into people from his childhood, like his mom in last week's episode.

I first watched it to check out the supporting cast, Harvey Keitel and ChristoFUH from the Soprano's, but kept watching because it's actually quite good.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by betsy View Post
    ^A new drama show on ABC Thursdays. I didn't realize until recently that it was a remake/copy of a UK series.

Basic premise, the lead guy's a detective who is in a car accident and wakes up in the 1970's. Of course, he's trying to figure out why and how to get back to present time, and runs into people from his childhood, like his mom in last week's episode.

I first watched it to check out the supporting cast, Harvey Keitel and ChristoFUH from the Soprano's, but kept watching because it's actually quite good.
    I keep waiting for Christophere to bring tony's name up about something.

He looks really different with his cheesy 70's hair, mustache and sideburns. But the voice is the same.

I saw the British LoM first, and I can't watch the US version without comparing it(and it coming up lacking) to the original. I do like Harvey Keitel, though.

That's why I'm glad I didn't. I can judge it on its own merits. Kinda like the US version of The Office.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    I saw the British LoM first, and I can't watch the US version without comparing it(and it coming up lacking) to the original. I do like Harvey Keitel, though.

I haven't watched many of the U.S. episodes yet, I have the same problem. I saw the U.K. version and tend to compare and contrast it.

Still looking forward to seeing the spin-off show 'Ashes to Ashes' on BBC America someday(hopefully)

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by betsy View Post
    He looks really different with his cheesy 70's hair, mustache and sideburns. But the voice is the same.
    Its so funny to see him playing a cop,I saw him on I think one of those law and orders playing cop too. They need to bring Grant Show on looking like his character from Swingtown.

Thanks for explaining.

God, if I could wake up in the 70's; I do not think that I would be trying to get back here!

Littleroben Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I haven't watched many of the U.S. episodes yet, I have the same problem. I saw the U.K. version and tend to compare and contrast it.

Still looking forward to seeing the spin-off show 'Ashes to Ashes' on BBC America someday(hopefully)
    Hopefully we will get the US version here of LoM. Ashes to Ashes was good, but kind of a bit of a let down after LoM, it's good though just different. Also they handled the transition well (don't want to spoil it for you).

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post

It's good - - it has Gene! But not quite as good as LoM.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Thanks for explaining.

God, if I could wake up in the 70's; I do not think that I would be trying to get back here!
    Me neither!

Quote Originally Posted by LayneStaleyFan View Post
    They need to bring Grant Show on looking like his character from Swingtown.
    Haha, yeah he'd be perfect! I miss Swingtown...

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    I am love, love, loving this show! It is my second new favorite after My Own Worst Enemy. Although, I must confess, Life On Mars has more of a plot to me. My Own Worst Enemy is a giant piece of spectacular eye candy, for me! The plot isn't quite all that important to me, for that show.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

And the soundtrack brings back memories.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    And the soundtrack brings back memories.
    Just like with swingtown,I love the music they play. Yay in 10 minutes it'll be on!

I think I read today somewhere this show got cancelled. You should check around but I'm pretty sure about that. I've never seen the show but I love the premise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by priceless View Post
    I think I read today somewhere this show got cancelled. You should check around but I'm pretty sure about that. I've never seen the show but I love the premise.
    NO! That is always my luck. I hope its not true.

You may be in luck. I just realized this show is on ABC and the one I thought I read was cancelled is on NBC I believe. I may have them mixed up. "Life on Mars" is on for me right now and I'm finding it pretty interesting actually!

Ok edited to add I just went a checked and this is not the show that I read was cancelled. The one cancelled was the one with Christian Slater on NBC, "My Own Worst Enemy". Sorry about that!!
    Last edited by priceless; 11-13-2008 at 10:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    the one cancelled was the one with christian slater on nbc, "my own worst enemy".
    I am in deep mourning!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

**Jenna** Guest
    You may be in luck. I just realized this show is on ABC and the one I thought I read was cancelled is on NBC I believe. I may have them mixed up. "Life on Mars" is on for me right now and I'm finding it pretty interesting actually!

Ok edited to add I just went a checked and this is not the show that I read was cancelled. The one cancelled was the one with Christian Slater on NBC, "My Own Worst Enemy". Sorry about that!!
    That's okay!
    I'm happy now!

Still much to explore on this show. I hope ABC does not fumble the ball with this one.

**Jenna** Guest
    Still much to explore on this show. I hope ABC does not fumble the ball with this one.
    I really will quit watching that channel if they do. I still haven't gotten over Invasion being cancelled.

**Jenna** Guest
    I'm not very happy right now,gonna have to wait until January to see the next fricken episodes. WTF am I gonna watch on Thursday night now?!

**Jenna** Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jason_o_mara_01.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	10034Jason OMara reminds me of a cross between these two:

Name:	glenn_quinn1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	10035Glenn Quinn

Name:	Julian-McMahon-nt13.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	10036Julian McMahon

2 of my favorite demons.

**Jenna** Guest
    2 of my favorite demons.
    LOL,Mine too! That's funny i forgot about them both being demons.

Tragic demons at that.

**Jenna** Guest
    Tragic demons at that.
    Yep.
    Well Sam's dad is a jerk.

navallint Guest
    Never seen it or even heard about it, but when I read the title, I thought about the movie/tv series from the 1970's ( maybe 80'S) that stared Rock Hudson. What was the name of that?

**Jenna** Guest
    Yay Life on Mars comes on tonight! I've missed it so much!

**Jenna** Guest
    Sad this show got canelled. What the hell am I'm gonna watch on wed. nights now. I'm done with ABC,guess i'll go back to spending more time on here

Two Lost Souls Guest
    I love this show and I'm so mad they cancelled it. At least they're gonna give an ending to the series...I hope it's a good one.

I also loved the soundtrack to the show. '70's music is great!

I don't even know why I bother watching new shows anymore. All the ones I watch end up getting cancelled. They don't give shows enough time to develop an audience.

Littleroben Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Lost Souls View Post
    I love this show and I'm so mad they cancelled it. At least they're gonna give an ending to the series...I hope it's a good one.

I don't even know why I bother watching new shows anymore. All the ones I watch end up getting cancelled. They don't give shows enough time to develop an audience.
    If it's the same as the end to the UK series it will be gripping viewing. Don't want to say anymore in case I ruin it for you.

KarmaKat Guest
    They definately should end it the same way.
    The British version was alot better though. Sorry Guys
    Harvey was briliant though.
    Last edited by KarmaKat; 03-28-2009 at 03:39 AM.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Lost Souls View Post

I love the music too! Oh and of course the fashion. I hope the show's ending is better than Jericho's,that was awful,I can't even remember what it was. I have the same problem with shows,the one's I like get canceled. I'm still mad about Invasion being canceled. Now if Fox get's rid of Bones,i'm done with tv.

**Jenna** Guest
    Last night was the series finale,anyone watch it? I liked it,just sad it's over.

leeny994 Guest
    I really enjoyed the show. I am sad they are not continuing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Never seen it or even heard about it, but when I read the title, I thought about the movie/tv series from the 1970's ( maybe 80'S) that stared Rock Hudson. What was the name of that?

He was on a TV adaptation of Ray Bradbury's "The Martian Chronicles".

And yeah, I'm pissed thgat LOM got the axe. Fucktards.

**Jenna** Guest
    well the box set should be out in september.that's what I read on the abc board along with a lot of interesting posts.

Quote Originally Posted by **Jenna** View Post
    Last night was the series finale,anyone watch it? I liked it,just sad it's over.
    ***Spolier***

I watched. I enjoyed the ending and found it acceptable and it did give closure to the story. My wife hated it.

Maybe I am a dummy but I missed how they turned Gene into his father....I think I missed a connection.
    Last edited by Inked_Daddy; 04-02-2009 at 12:21 PM.