Page 1 of 13 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Spector

knothere Guest

Phil Spector

Will he walk or will he be locked up.

Red face

He'll walk. Like OJ and Robert Blake - they'll all get together and continue to look for the REAL killers.

Money buys freedom - everytime. Altho Scott Peterson didn't have enough apparently to buy his!

The LA justice/court system is a joke.

Agreed Aries, I think you're right. It is a joke.

HippieMama Guest
    What I don't get is that people have known he is, uh, unbalanced for decades now . . . why are they so surprised that this happened? Poor Lana Clarkson, I still love her as Mrs. Vargas in Fast Times at Ridgemont High . . . remember, the creepy science teacher's hot wife?

Hippie - I can't even believe you remember her character name. I was shocked that she only appeared on screen for about 5 seconds and if I remember - didn't even have a line! Yeah, poor Lana. Honestly, no one deserved what happened to her. However, a great actress, she wasn't. Same as Sharon Tate.

HippieMama Guest
    Who could forget Mr. Vargas, the creepy anatomy teacher who pulled organs out of an autopsied body and played with them like they were, well, something other than a dead person's organs . . . Seriously, I love that movie and I was only born in 1982. Such a classic, with all those screen stars who had yet to become famous including Nicolas Cage (still credited with his birth name at the time, Coppola). Everyone go rent it!!!

Snoopy Guest
    Feeling embarrassed..That was Lana Clarkson? LOL and yeah I agree that if you're a Celebrity in LA getting arrested is as good as a Get out of jail free card!

erin Guest
    I am hoping that people have smartened up since OJ. Unlikely, but a girl can hope. Phil Spector deserves to spend the rest of his life locked up.

Cataroo Guest
    It makes you wonder what kind of morons were on that jury ...

only 2 morons. 10 voted Guilty.

What a waste of time and money.

meggles Guest
    [quote=HippieMama;123]Who could forget Mr. Vargas, the creepy anatomy teacher who pulled organs out of an autopsied body and played with them like they were, well, something other than a dead person's organs . . . Seriously, I love that movie and I was only born in 1982. quote]

1982? Now I am crying. One more "I am older than dirt" reminder. I still have underwear from 1982, I think!

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    It's a shame that our judicial system forces the vote to be unanimous.
    It ought to be majority rules!!

Red face

And one of those 2 morons was the Jury Foreman! I guess he clinched the "hung jury" verdict.

HippieMama Guest
    Why does no one seek professional help for him? I know there is a fine line between creativity and insanity (and he was a creative genius when it came to music) but come on . . . didn't he even try to kill his wife from the Ronettes? They played up that whole language barrier thing too, trying to make it look like the chauffer couldn't speak enough English to make a good testimony as to what had happened.

Cataroo Guest
    He's pulled guns on several different people before ...

LutherHeggs Guest
    I heard ex wife Ronnie Spector is ready to come out and start offering her 2 cents on his bullying sadistic gun-crazy personality. Let's hope so.

The 2 hold-outs on the jury may have very well been bought off by Spector.

While Robert Blake's wife was killed on a public street with people driving/walking by --there was more a chance that he did not pull the trigger.
    But let's face it , Lana Clarkson was in Spector's house (it was just the 2 of them) and he was incredibly drunk and it was his gun - plus the limo driver testified that Spector said to him after the gunshot "I think I killed somebody."
    Last edited by LutherHeggs; 10-04-2007 at 10:57 AM.

candleinthewind Guest

To know know know him........

He is a whole boatload of crazy. I think he once placed a Snow White type coffin in his basement and told Ronnie that's where she would end up if she ever pissed him off. He also made the Ramones play at gunpoint when he produced their record. And why would Lana Clarkson go to his house and kill herself with his gun with her purse on her shoulder? Us ladies know that when your purse is on your shoulder and your sitting in the foyer you are making plans to leave.

Laurie Guest
    The purse thing was the clincher for me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    He'll walk. Like OJ and Robert Blake - they'll all get together and continue to look for the REAL killers.

Money buys freedom - everytime. Altho Scott Peterson didn't have enough apparently to buy his!

The LA justice/court system is a joke.
    Scott Peterson was neither an actor nor a legendary athlete; maybe that's why he didn't get off, huh huh huh?
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-04-2007 at 01:22 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

zogstar67 Guest

Ronnie's Bio

Ronnie Spector's bio is a must read if you are interested in stories of Phil's craziness. She is nutty herself and far from unbiased of course, but the stories still boggle the mind. For example, she went away for rehab or "rest" or something and when she got back he surprised her with 17 year old twin boys he had adopted.

"Here's your new mama, boys!"

She got her revenge by adopting a mixed race baby while he was away in Europe!

Laurie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Scott Peterson was neither an actor nor a legendary athlete; maybe that's why he didn't get off, huh huh huh?
    Scott Peterson's trial was in San Mateo County - quite a ways north from LA. Which could explain why he got convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    He is a whole boatload of crazy. I think he once placed a Snow White type coffin in his basement and told Ronnie that's where she would end up if she ever pissed him off. He also made the Ramones play at gunpoint when he produced their record. And why would Lana Clarkson go to his house and kill herself with his gun with her purse on her shoulder? Us ladies know that when your purse is on your shoulder and your sitting in the foyer you are making plans to leave.
    Adding to this...

EVERYONE knows that no woman would kill herself the same day she bought 7 pairs of new shoes. She would wear them all first. That cinches it - he did it.

Also, for the poster that brought up he told the chauffer "I think I killed someone", don't forget that he told the police (it's in the police report) "I didn't mean to do it. It was an accident."

monhol Guest
    phil has money so he will walk. oj walked and also robert walked . lets not forget the king of pop himself mr michael has also gotten away with alot of things. i was a huge michael jackson fan and i did try to believe him but it is hard when a person has been accused of the same crime twice. phil has been mentally disturbed for years. just ask his ex wife ronnie spector. hey, why is she still carrying his name after all these years?? from her point of view the marrige was full of turmoil.

monhol Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LutherHeggs View Post
    I heard ex wife Ronnie Spector is ready to come out and start offering her 2 cents on his bullying sadistic gun-crazy personality. Let's hope so.

The 2 hold-outs on the jury may have very well been bought off by Spector.

While Robert Blake's wife was killed on a public street with people driving/walking by --there was more a chance that he did not pull the trigger.
    But let's face it , Lana Clarkson was in Spector's house (it was just the 2 of them) and he was incredibly drunk and it was his gun - plus the limo driver testified that Spector said to him after the gunshot "I think I killed somebody."
    the robert blake situation, i believe he did kill bonnie blakely. years ago he talked about his miserable childhood and how his dad made him do "our gang" and dad quit his job and lived off his(robert's) money and he was a drunk. he felt used and dad was not too nice to him. bonnie was a golddigger who's dream was to marry a rich man. she did not even know who her daughter's father was. she was also doing christian brando and thought he was the dad but dna showed robert was the dad. he married her and put her in his guest house. i believe robert thought his baby was going to be used by her mom like he was by his dad. i think robert said enough is enough.he did not want his baby to be a pawn in her mom's game to receive money from him. to me that is no justification for murder and rob could have used protection while being with her. robert gave his older daughter custody of the child. that was a good gesture for the best interest for the baby. by the way has anyone seen the i believe the E! true hollywood story on "the little rascals"/"our gang"? it was off the hook. they say the cast members were cursed. alot of tragic deaths. some did not even see old age or even their 20"s the ones who did still died tragicly. sad.

candleinthewind Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Adding to this...

EVERYONE knows that no woman would kill herself the same day she bought 7 pairs of new shoes. She would wear them all first. That cinches it - he did it.

Also, for the poster that brought up he told the chauffer "I think I killed someone", don't forget that he told the police (it's in the police report) "I didn't mean to do it. It was an accident."
    I didn't know about the shoes. That indeed is the clincher. I'll bet they were nice shoes too!

Laurie Guest
    [quote=SheBoss;299]Adding to this...

EVERYONE knows that no woman would kill herself the same day she bought 7 pairs of new shoes. She would wear them all first. That cinches it - he did it."quote]

Hell yes, you're right, SheBoss! No woman kills herself after buying shoes she hasn't had the chance to even wear yet. That's crazy!

I wonder what the shoes look like and what size she wore. Because if they were a size 8 medium, I'd be happy to give 'em a home.

I'm thoughtful like that.

There are pictures floating around and I saw them on Court TV during the trial of Lana in the chair - one with blood coming out of her mouth and then another of her feet with her shoes on, her hands slumped over to her sides and the gun laying there on the floor next to her - of course on wrong hand side!

Cindy Guest
    The story of the murder of Lana Clarkson is so sad. I taped Court TV daily during the trial and only missed one day of coverage. Spector is absolutely guilty. The plan is to re-try him in 6 months. I truly hope that justice is served and Lana's family can find peace.

Death pictures are posted on her page on findadeath.

I truly think that Lana was pretending the gun was some phallic thing, and was trying to be sexy when it went off. I believe Spector is responsible, but I don't think it was murder.

firegilnotguns Guest
    [QUOTE=Laurie;336]
    Adding to this...

EVERYONE knows that no woman would kill herself the same day she bought 7 pairs of new shoes. She would wear them all first. That cinches it - he did it."quote]

Hell yes, you're right, SheBoss! No woman kills herself after buying shoes she hasn't had the chance to even wear yet. That's crazy!

I wonder what the shoes look like and what size she wore. Because if they were a size 8 medium, I'd be happy to give 'em a home.

Yeah, well, I do wear a US size 7 and if these shoes look anything like the ones she died in, she can go ahead and keep them!

Phil will walk.

Innocent by reason of Celebrity.

Laurie Guest
    [quote=firegilnotguns;438]
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post

Yeah, well, I do wear a US size 7 and if these shoes look anything like the ones she died in, she can go ahead and keep them!
    I went over to refresh my memory. Ummm...yeah. On second thought...nevermind about the shoes. I hope for her sake she had big corns or something.

or something.

Btvs2678 Guest
    Truthfully, I think it was his hair that threw them. My fav is the Hair Bear look.

relander Guest
    He'll probably walk.

knothere Guest
    Ya his hair is pretty scary n so r his eyeballs.

Lurkster Guest
    I had a pair of shoes that looked very similiar to hers. I wore them to a couple of funerals. I may still have them. I think I'll burn them.

DeadRinger Guest
    All I have to say is that Spector is crazier than a sh*thouse rat.

relander Guest
    However Spector did some amazing things with his recordings back in the day.

Morbid1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by relander View Post

"To know..know..know him..is to shoot..shoot shoot him"

Sorry lol..

I think he did it..very sad,maybe one day the truth will come out.

-Morbid1

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post

I don't know what size they were (I don't think that came out in the trial), but they were all flats. She only had heels and here feet were killing her standing up at the HOB all night. She bought them specifically for work. Again, this doesn't sound like someone who was suicidal.

Scott, I love your site BTW - I'm in Tupelo, MS, so if you ever need any info for your Elvis page, give me a yell. Now, back on topic...

I have to disagree with you. While I didn't know Lana and couldn't speak for her, and putting all of PS's former "problems with women" aside, Lana would have had no idea the gun was even in that drawer unless PS got it out. Under CA law, that's still considered murder. He supplied the weapon for her to kill herself in his home. I don't believe that happened, though. She wanted to leave, he didn't want her to and pull his normal MO. Only this time, the lady died. He pushed his luck one time too many. If I were the wife, I'd be very careful around that man. She's probably next. She had better pray that he gets sent far away before he turns on her.

Sorry about all of this, but I've been following this d**n trial for months and I'm reallllllly pissed at the outcome!
    Last edited by SheBoss; 10-05-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Schmermie Guest
    But what about LaToya Jackon's recent revelation that she was held hostage in that very home at gun point? I looked it up, and it was in her book written many years ago. Too much of a coincidence if you ask me. Just Spector's hair alone should convict him. What a wackjob.

meggles Guest
    [quote=Laurie;336]
    Adding to this...

She bought 7 pairs of shoes??? Jesus, I'd be working those heels. And not going home with someone who looked like the guy from the hair bear bunch either, but I digress.

I'd have to hope Lana had big feet and wore a 9, but I'd take them too. I'm a giver, too. I'd hate to think of shoes being lonely and alone. We must work hard to save innocent shoes who are the silent victims in crimes. When we fail to care about the shoes, we are cynical and shallow.

I think Scott may be onto something with the phallic symbol stuff. The whole thing is just way weird...

meggles Guest
    After my post, I read they were flats. Naah, I'd become despondent myself over flats.

j/k!

candleinthewind Guest
    I read that he wears those crazy wigs because he was in a car accident where he was thrown through the windsheild and cut so bady that his scalp is just scar tissue. He has a hairdresser who is afraid to tell him how scary he looks.

meggles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I read that he wears those crazy wigs because he was in a car accident where he was thrown through the windsheild and cut so bady that his scalp is just scar tissue. He has a hairdresser who is afraid to tell him how scary he looks.
    OUCH! That had to be mildly unpleasant.

I am not sure if the wild fro or the bowl cut is more offensive, but maybe he should just get a hat.

Yeah on the hairdresser, candle! I *might* not want to piss him off either. The man is a musical pioneer, but he has some *issues*.... When I see pictures of him, I either feel a bit frightened or somewhat sad. Sometimes, it depends on the hair, I'll be honest.

AaronVail Guest
    I have a theory. I believe he sent his insane afro toupee to infiltrate the jurors and threaten them. It then had to go into hiding. I mean, we haven't SEEN the afro toupee lately, have we?

candleinthewind Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by meggles View Post
    OUCH! That had to be mildly unpleasant.

I am not sure if the wild fro or the bowl cut is more offensive, but maybe he should just get a hat.

Yeah on the hairdresser, candle! I *might* not want to piss him off either. The man is a musical pioneer, but he has some *issues*.... When I see pictures of him, I either feel a bit frightened or somewhat sad. Sometimes, it depends on the hair, I'll be honest.
    Gives a new meaning to the word "bigwigs"!

Danny62 Guest
    He does some amazing things with his hair now!

He looks nuttier than a fruitcake!!!!

He will walk...and he knows it!!

Quote Originally Posted by relander View Post