View Poll Results: Is this Halloween costume over the top?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, you are nuts, change costumes.

35 61.40%
  • No it is OK, it's Halloween but don't let kids see you.

10 17.54%
  • Good costume, OK to wear in public.

5 8.77%
  • Great costume, juvenile Death Hags have to start SOMEPLACE!

7 12.28%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween!

jesska_812 Guest
    Oh yeah, WOOPS, I should have said, I'm definitely wearing underwear.....she has SO many looks to choose from....LOL

Cool, Maza!

I like the idea of lighting the house, too. Kind of like a lot of people do for Christmas, but Halloween is more fun- at least now, since Santa Claus doesn't get me anything anymore.

SEL2323 Guest

funny - halloween type story

okay so in june my church had a service where we were to dress up in old timey clothes like 1900's or so. i dressed in a kind of gibson girl type outfit that i rented for the day ( when costumes are involved i have to be the best! ) so after the service they had a covered dish type thing but i dont eat stuff made by people i dont know so i decided to go walking through the old section of the graveyard behind the church near the road. well, every time a car would drive by i noticed they would look at me like i was crazy. then this one car drove by really fast but as the got closer to me they slammed on the breaks and tried to look closer and i couldnt figure out what was going on. i finally figured, wow i probably look kind of scary in whie, old garb in a grave yard. i probably scared them to death - must have thought they saw a ghosts. i was the only one in the graveyard and it was far from anyone else. it just struck me as a good "ghost" story. lol

OBX Guest
    Gibson girl? Okay, I looked it up and here is a link to it :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Girl

That is funny, but I wouldn't have walked thru there in the first place.
    Last edited by OBX; 10-22-2007 at 03:53 PM.

SEL2323 Guest
    well graveyards are interesting i think the oldest there was around 1890...pretty interesting. lost of little babies were buried there. its sad.

kelbons Guest
    Just some of the costumes... aside from those horrible plastic ones that ripped up the crotch by the time you got halfway down the street and came with the plastic masks you couldn't breathe through...
    * Raggedy Ann
    * Bag Lady
    * Punk Rocker
    * Batgirl (that was one of the plastic ones)

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Having a party at work...6 of us are going to dress as the Village people. I am going to dress as the construction worker!!!
    The best part of that is, my aunt and a bunch of coworkers at the high school that she works at just did that last week! And my aunt was the construction worker!! Too bad I deleted the picture from my work computer yesterday...

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I'm going in drag as Christie Prody and I'm going with a guy who will try to dress up like OJ. You might say it's in bad taste, and I might agree with you, but technically, OJ has not done anything bad to Christie.

firegilnotguns Guest
    I'm going as the woman who may or may not be handing out candy at the door (seeing as we haven't had any trick-or-treaters ever and Halloween isn't a HUGE deal here) but I always like to be prepared. And yeah, we didn't go to our burlesque night last week so we'll just wait for Halloween next year!

firegilnotguns Guest
    Just that I cracked several ribs a few days before Halloween when I was 11...had to try to keep up with my friends while trick-or-treating but kept getting winded. Plus it was really hot that year and I was going as a werewolf, so by the end of it the sweatshirt, gloves, and mask had come off so I was just some kid with a "save the rainforests" t-shirt and stonewashed jeans and a tail, wheezing, with people constantly asking me what I was.

I'm sure someone has a better story than that!

firegilnotguns Guest
    Ha! Thanks for sharing that!

The "Unknown Comic" from the old Gong Show.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Haunted Houses have always scared the crap out of me, even as an adult...I just don't like being shocked and don't understand why people pay for the privelege!

Several years ago I went with my parents and one of my brothers and his wife and their kids to Gatlinburg, TN (when we were kids our family used to go all the time) anyway, we were staying across from "The Mysterious Mansion" which my brothers had gone to when they were younger but I always wussed out on. For old time's sake, my brother decided he wanted to go and talked me into going with him. We went through the thing by ourselves and it was kind of a maze thing, too. I held onto him the whole time and it wasn't SO bad (though I wasn't on edge) til the end. I looked up and saw this thing on the ceiling that was wearing a "Scream" mask (not scary in itself) and pointed it out to my brother, just gave us a bit of a shock. We laughed about it but then the thing dropped from the ceiling and screamed and started chasing us. Ho.ly. crap. I didn't think this was a real person and it TOTALLY caught me off guard, so I bolted, falling right down a full flight of stairs...I ripped a hole in my jeans, got black stuff from the stairs all over my clothes, and hit my knees, hand, and chin really hard on the floor. I was so embarrassed at the end while my brother was helping me up that I couldn't even feel the pain at first, but after I started to hobble across the road it all hit me. Man. The worst part (well, the worst part besides the pain and near heart attack) was that at the end, the thing that was chasing us pulled off its mask and it was like some tiny 15 year old blonde girl. Sigh.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I slapped a Ghoul one time and was kicked out.....haven`t been to one since...

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    My daughter and I volunteered at ours for two years, until the house was actually condemned. It was so much fun! We were the "comic relief". I was a hag and she wore a ratty old prom dress. I got to do the make up on the actors, too.
    I also did this in high school.

Lots of fun to work in a haunted house. I like how people look under the black lights, you can always tell who has crowns or bridgework. You can really let loose and be whoever you'd like to be...unless one of your clients recognises you! Someone actually said, "Jill, is that you?"

hoxharding Guest
    I went into the local Haunted House that was there for Halloween. I as scared and shaking anyway.
    I started to run and the people running the house started to grab my ankles and pushing me. I was way ahead of everyone totally hysterical. They grabbed my legs
    and kept chasing me.
    In fact, if a cop outside hadn't grabbed and caught me, I would of been hit by a car.
    I was this little kid and they thought it was funny and no one ever apologized for what they did.
    And yes, I still have anger about this(as if you couldn't tell)

Bee1001 Guest
    I went through one once and will never do it again. It sucked because we stood in line for a good 2 hours to get in and got freaked out by people jumping out from behind bushes dressed as if Rob Zombie had died and decomposed. I didn't look at any of them in the face, and kept my eyes on the floor the entire time. I don't think I've ever cursed so much in my life. What made it worse was they had those guys wearing hockey masks and carrying what looked like real chainsaws without the chains. One of them rubbed theirs on my ass. Yep, never going back.

ComputerGuy Guest
    The is a difference between being scared by idiots and getting scared by imagination

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    We were never allowed to touch people at any house we worked at, even if they touched us! It's sad that some people have to resort to this. And I personally never picked on little kids, thinking it barbaric that their parents would take them to a haunted house. Our local one is open on Sunday afternoons for a no-scare walk-thru for kids.
    Another thing I remember from working is that most of the visitors smelled like booze!

kelbons Guest
    I finally found the Village People picture of my aunt and her coworkers. I'm calling them the Village Idiots! lol
    My family member is the construction worker... so proud...

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I reckon loads of people here are going to be going out dressed as Kate & Gerry Mccann. I can just imagine them. Lurking in the corner with a bottle of sedatives and a spade. It's kinda sick, but I think it's hilarious. Maybe it's the English humour. I dunno. Haha.

I'm tempted to go dressed as her ''cuddle cat''.

I wish Halloween was as big here as it was in the US.
    It's my favourite holiday.

Helby Guest
    Me my best bud and my girlfriend are dressing Gilligan's island style. My girlfriend is going as Maryann..im skipper and my buddy is Gilligan....tried to get my pop and my step ma to be Thurston and lovie.. Pictures after this weekend! Halloween in Madison WI...and its UW homecoming...should be interesting!

hoxharding Guest
    I was a little kid when this was done to me. No one apologized or anything. I was hysterical. I sat in the fast food place across from the house shaking and some of the workers from the house refused to look at me.
    I don't know if they hold it anymore but the house was torn down.

xenaswolf Guest
    I'm not allowed to go anymore since I beat the living shit out of someone that jumped out of the shadows on me. I was 15....I don't miss it by any stretch of the imagination....I've got a serious case of fight or flight syndrome and I fight when I get scared LOL

Nik Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Two of my friends and I are going as Steford Wives. It'll be a blast.

RoRo Guest
    hhmm dressing up would require me to actually get dressed as compared to wearing my jammies....naaahhh...live on a gated farm so we won't have trick or treaters...unless I go to my see my nieces and nephew I will spend the evening watching tv..I know I'm boring as hell on a sunday

Snoopy Guest
    Every year we take our kids to this place called Haunted hill they love it it's fun..it's fake..but we laugh. When I was a kid I got cornered by a Vampire in a Haunted House LOL

viridescence Guest
    I went to a shitty one run by the Jaycees about 10 years ago with my husband, and it was so poorly done with ramps built in the house. He scratched his arm up on a nail that was sticking out while walking down a ramp in total darkness, and he refused to go to any more after that.

Then about 8 years ago I went to this one http://fearworld.com/ with my brother and it was decent. But it's hard for me to find anybody to go with me since hubby refuses.

hoxharding Guest
    I think the one I went to was by the Jaycees

SarahThirteen Guest

My Halloween idea....

This year for Halloween I wanted to be Sharron Tate post-murder is that wrong of me to want to be that....

I did however change my mind when I realized that pretty much no one would know who i was trying to be... Everyone I told that I wanted to be her was like " umm who?" so I was like damn it...

OBX Guest
    Then be Anna Nicole as she might be now. Actually, that would give you more room as she had some features to go all out on, whereas Sharon Tate was a classical beauty.

Still should be fun regardless, good luck.

SarahThirteen Guest
    Sharron was more of messy death then Anna... so I think she would be more fun to do that Anna. That and I cant stand Anna hahaha.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post
    Sharron was more of messy death then Anna... so I think she would be more fun to do that Anna. That and I cant stand Anna hahaha.
    hmmm.... maybe if you carry a copy of Helter Skelter????

if i was going anywhere this year, i'd be a fat stevie nicks... i have the perfect outfit.... isn't it funny when you can use your own regular clothes for halloween??? that says somethin! i went as "mimi" from drew carey for a couple of years, and won costume contests both times... AGAIN, using my own clothes!! LOL!!

Sus

SarahThirteen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    hmmm.... maybe if you carry a copy of Helter Skelter????

if i was going anywhere this year, i'd be a fat stevie nicks... i have the perfect outfit.... isn't it funny when you can use your own regular clothes for halloween??? that says somethin! i went as "mimi" from drew carey for a couple of years, and won costume contests both times... AGAIN, using my own clothes!! LOL!!

Sus

hahaha one of the teachers when i was in school went as drew and looked JUST like him.. was funny......

DoubleZ1013 Guest

What dead Celebrity would you dress as for Halloween?

If Scott were to have a findadeath halloween party and we all could make it what dead celebrity would you dress up as? Would you dress up as them in their prime or at the time of their death? For example, if you were going as River Phoneix would you try to look like him when he died? (have vomit on your shirt and a green face perhaps?) I think I would go a Butterfly McQueen wearing a nightgown and carrying a kerosene lamp.

(This thread is just for fun and not intended to offend anyone.)

Gary Guest
    Probably Telly Savalas!

Nayzo Guest
    I dressed up as Marilyn Monroe last weekend for a party. I wore the classic white dress. And not sure if it counts, but a few years ago, I dressed up as Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction (Mia Wallace), with the syringe and all. However, this year, I really wanted to dress as Sharon Tate, and have my boyfriend dress as Charles Manson. However, I couldn't find a decent "belly" since I waited until the last minute. Maybe next year. If there were ever a FAD Halloween Party, I'd definitely go with that costume, basically an at death costume.
    I am so going to hell. But I plan on enjoying a pit stop in Rock and Roll Hell on the way.

Carrie Guest
    I'd be Harpo Marx. HONK HONK

disco Guest
    sir laurence olivier. andy griffith. george the animal steele. james earl jones. pretty high standards huh.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZ1013 View Post
    If Scott were to have a findadeath halloween party and we all could make it what dead celebrity would you dress up as? Would you dress up as them in their prime or at the time of their death? For example, if you were going as River Phoneix would you try to look like him when he died? (have vomit on your shirt and a green face perhaps?) I think I would go a Butterfly McQueen wearing a nightgown and carrying a kerosene lamp.

(This thread is just for fun and not intended to offend anyone.)
    Excellent question...

Jimi Hendrix...in his prime!!!

Groucho Marx. Again.

SarahThirteen Guest
    sharron tate post murder!!

fanable Guest

Self Carving Pumpkin

This is actually pretty neat to watch, and I figured with Halloween tomorrow it fit the bill pretty well

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=6526289

enjoy!

GODDESS6 Guest
    that was cute~

relander Guest

Exclamation Have a frightfully fun Halloween!

Ree Guest

BOO!

Thanks, you too folks!

Lurkster Guest

This is the third forum I have posted this image on. I have no shame.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    [SIZE=5]Blessed Samhain, everyone.

[/SIZE]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samhain.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	419  
    Last edited by Bayou Voodoo; 10-31-2007 at 02:21 AM.

TrueBlueAngel Guest