Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1281

Thread: John F. Kennedy

  1. #1201
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,118
    Like many things, we will never know the true story.
    Some days, you get the Bear, other days the Bear gets you.

  2. #1202
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    A new book on the Zapruder film wriiten by Zapruder's granddaughter

    https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-r...y-six-seconds/


  3. #1203
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    464
    53 years ago today... 11/22/63 ~RIP
    -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Missa-::-
    -::- ((.*

  4. #1204
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,886
    I was only five years old but I still remember. My older sister & brother came home early from school. I understood what had happened.

    RIP.

  5. #1205
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,924
    Too many conspiracies but I believe Lee Harvey Oswald, a Marine sniper, had the skill to pull that shot off.

  6. #1206
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,736
    Theory that Governor Connally was Oswald's real target.

    http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...122-story.html

    "In the hours after the Kennedy assassination, after Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed Dallas Police Officer J.D. Tippit and was identified as the president’s assassin, a Secret Service officer named Mike Howard was dispatched to Oswald’s apartment. Howard found a little green address book, and on its 17th page under the heading “I WILL KILL” Oswald listed four men: an FBI agent named James Hosty; a right-wing general, Edwin Walker; and Vice President Richard Nixon. At the top of the list was the governor of Texas, John Connally. Through Connally’s name, Oswald had drawn a dagger, with blood drops dripping downward."
    Morgan

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Theory that Governor Connally was Oswald's real target.

    http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...122-story.html

    "In the hours after the Kennedy assassination, after Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed Dallas Police Officer J.D. Tippit and was identified as the president’s assassin, a Secret Service officer named Mike Howard was dispatched to Oswald’s apartment. Howard found a little green address book, and on its 17th page under the heading “I WILL KILL” Oswald listed four men: an FBI agent named James Hosty; a right-wing general, Edwin Walker; and Vice President Richard Nixon. At the top of the list was the governor of Texas, John Connally. Through Connally’s name, Oswald had drawn a dagger, with blood drops dripping downward."
    I read this a few minutes ago - interesting story but I haven't had time to digest it. I wonder right away if Kennedy wasn't the "real" target, wouldn't Oswald have had an easier go of things by targeting Connally at some other time? Or was he hoping to kill them both? Or was it just a good opportunity what with the timing and the route of the motorcade?

    Anything is possible I guess, but I tend to think that if one goes shooting at a car containing the president, one is likely hoping or intending to shoot the president.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  8. #1208
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mossy and wet
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Like many things, we will never know the true story.
    More likely is that we know the true story, just not that it is true.

  9. #1209
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    happy 100th

  10. #1210
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Happy Birthday, JFK.

  11. #1211
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    I've always believed there was more to JFK's murder than was officially announced.

  12. #1212
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Trump to release final set of documents on JFK assassination. Nothing will become of this - Oswald still killed Kennedy

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/u...lassified.html

  13. #1213
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Trump to release final set of documents on JFK assassination. Nothing will become of this - Oswald still killed Kennedy

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/u...lassified.html
    Even in the unlikely event that these final documents won't name the real killers - Stretch Armstrong and OJ, acting at the behest of Che via Marcello, acting at the behest of Armstrong - we have to recognize that Trump and Trump alone can prevent the release of these reports that I've been waiting for since I was just a young conspiracy theorist knee high to that Bigfoot from Nibiru that had a hard landing at Roswell.

    Never heard of all that?
    See - it was covered up entirely from the get-go.

    So for this action I applaud Trump - he is restoring transparency to the White House and to American politics; of 1963.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  14. #1214
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,071
    Oswald was involved to some extent, that I believe. Did he fire the shots ? I don't believe that he did, this went beyond him. This was orchestrated by the highest levels of government, and probably military. That's my take on it.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  15. #1215
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Oswald was involved to some extent, that I believe. Did he fire the shots ? I don't believe that he did, this went beyond him. This was orchestrated by the highest levels of government, and probably military. That's my take on it.
    zero evidence of this

  16. #1216
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,071
    People are going to believe what they want, or what they are told to believe. JMO.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  17. #1217
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Vincent Bugliosi cleared up all the answered questions with his book Reclaiming History

  18. #1218
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Vincent Bugliosi cleared up all the answered questions with his book Reclaiming History
    Not for me he didn't. All he did was rehash government speak.

  19. #1219
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Not for me he didn't. All he did was rehash government speak.
    read Oswald's Tale by Norman Mailer - Mailer went looking for a conspiracy but found nothing except a dyslexic misfit with a rifle
    Last edited by cash; 10-22-2017 at 05:53 PM.

  20. #1220
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    read Oswald's Tale by Norman Mailer - Mailer went looking for a conspiracy but found nothing except a dyslexic misfit with a rifle
    I will indeed.

  21. #1221
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    29
    The statement that leads me to believe in Oswald's guilt is the story about how he was initially found by police - calmly eating his lunch. If there were a presidential motorcade going down the street right in front of where you worked, you would get up and look out the window. Even if you hated the president, you would be drawn to the scene of the crowd.

  22. #1222
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600

  23. #1223
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,248
    They need to dig his ass up and do a proper autopsy... From the NOVA Special, the two that did the autopsy were not forensic doctors, just Naval doctors. No to mention it was rush, rush, rush....
    My Posse's On Broadway

  24. #1224
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    They need to dig his ass up and do a proper autopsy... From the NOVA Special, the two that did the autopsy were not forensic doctors, just Naval doctors. No to mention it was rush, rush, rush....
    It was not ideal. Ironically, Dallas had one of the best forensic pathologists (Earl Rose) in the country and he tried to get access to JFK's body but was prevented by the Secret Service.

  25. #1225
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,071
    I'll go with the majority on this, always have. Bottom line is the full story and truth will never be known. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-conspiracies/
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  26. #1226
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I'll go with the majority on this, always have. Bottom line is the full story and truth will never be known. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-conspiracies/
    just sad

  27. #1227
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    just sad
    What's sad? That the majority believe there was a conspiracy. Why is it so hard for people to think that there was not one. No solid proof, etc. Or, do people not want to believe their government would sanction the murder of their President. Cover ups, lies and deceit by the governments of all countries has been going on for years. Nothing new there. The debate on this will go on long after we are gone.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  28. #1228
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    What's sad? That the majority believe there was a conspiracy. Why is it so hard for people to think that there was not one. No solid proof, etc. Or, do people not want to believe their government would sanction the murder of their President. Cover ups, lies and deceit by the governments of all countries has been going on for years. Nothing new there. The debate on this will go on long after we are gone.
    you end up with Trump as President

  29. #1229
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    I believe there was a conspiracy too.
    I think it was most likely the Mafia, or maybe that there was a "Cuban connection".

    I recognize that there's no evidence to support my suspicions but I hold them anyway without expecting anyone else to accept them.
    I also don't think that it's impossible or even unrealistic that Oswald could have acted alone; I just don't think that he did.

    Someone else here said it well earlier - we probably do know the truth; we just don't know that it is the truth.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  30. #1230
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I believe there was a conspiracy too.
    I think it was most likely the Mafia, or maybe that there was a "Cuban connection".

    I recognize that there's no evidence to support my suspicions but I hold them anyway without expecting anyone else to accept them.
    I also don't think that it's impossible or even unrealistic that Oswald could have acted alone; I just don't think that he did.

    Someone else here said it well earlier - we probably do know the truth; we just don't know that it is the truth.
    Makes sense to me. And that's what's sad.

  31. #1231
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,248
    Back then "most everyone thought the Kennedy's could do no wrong - now we know what assholes they really were. I'm sure there were plenty of people that they were assholes to back then that the public didn't know about that wanted to shake that tree.
    My Posse's On Broadway

  32. #1232
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I believe there was a conspiracy too.
    I think it was most likely the Mafia, or maybe that there was a "Cuban connection".

    I recognize that there's no evidence to support my suspicions but I hold them anyway without expecting anyone else to accept them.
    I also don't think that it's impossible or even unrealistic that Oswald could have acted alone; I just don't think that he did.

    Someone else here said it well earlier - we probably do know the truth; we just don't know that it is the truth.
    I think a lot of people from all ends had their hand in it. That's if it was a conspiracy, which I think it was ! LOL. I've read that by killing JFK, it would knock down RFK, since he was the real trouble maker when it came to taking down organized crime. Getting rid of his brother would pacify him. That I could see, since he was arrogant SOB not unlike Trump today.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  33. #1233
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I think a lot of people from all ends had their hand in it. That's if it was a conspiracy, which I think it was ! LOL. I've read that by killing JFK, it would knock down RFK, since he was the real trouble maker when it came to taking down organized crime. Getting rid of his brother would pacify him. That I could see, since he was arrogant SOB not unlike Trump today.
    RFK was nothing like Trump.

  34. #1234
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,071
    But he was arrogant. Trump is, I don't what you would call that one, besides the usual derogatory names. Does anyone think he is mad, insane, mentally ill ?
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  35. #1235
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Another reason there was no conspiracy - why would they (insert killers) wait til the very last moment to kill Kennedy. Another few feet he would have been under the overpass and out of harm's way. He had motorcades the day before in San Antonio and Houston but they literally waited til the very last second ??
    Last edited by cash; 10-25-2017 at 05:39 PM.

  36. #1236
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    But he was arrogant. Trump is, I don't what you would call that one, besides the usual derogatory names. Does anyone think he is mad, insane, mentally ill ?
    I don't know much about what kind of guy RFK was. I remember the front page of the paper the morning after her was shot - he was laying there with his eyes half open.
    Trump I think is more like Manuel Noriega and Kim Jong Un kind of rolled into one; but less sane than those guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Another reason there was no conspiracy - why would they (insert killers) wait til the very last moment to kill Kennedy. Another few feet he would have been under the overpass and out of harm's way. He had motorcades the day before in San Antonio and Houston but they waited til the very last second ??
    Who knows?
    Maybe they were going to do it in Houston and something got in the way and they went to plan B.
    I'm just speculating from the perspective that a conspiracy was a possibility and I suspect that there was one.

    That's a good point though, that timing makes perfect sense from the lone gunman perspective.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  37. #1237
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    That's a good point though, that timing makes perfect sense from the lone gunman perspective

    JFK also had motorcades in Tampa and Miami on November 18/1963. Talk about an easy target - what was the CIA/mob/FBI/Castro/Russians/Military industrial complex/LBJ /anti-Castro Cubans waiting for ????

    Last edited by cash; 10-25-2017 at 06:42 PM.

  38. #1238
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Tampa Nov 18/1963 - he was an easier target here than in Dallas - a sitting duck

    Last edited by cash; 10-25-2017 at 07:23 PM.

  39. #1239
    I read a very good book stating Oswald was absolutely the killer, but J. Edgar Hoover was well aware of his being in the area, from sources in Sam Giancana's family. Hoover hated the Kennedy's, and they hated him in return. RFK was getting read to replace Hoover on Jack's authority. Supposedly, Hoover ordered the Oswald investigation to stand down and did not interfere in the likely assassination attempt.
    I'm no conspiracist, but the book is a compelling presentation.

  40. #1240
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    That's a good point though, that timing makes perfect sense from the lone gunman perspective

    JFK also had motorcades in Tampa and Miami on November 18/1963. Talk about an easy target - what was the CIA/mob/FBI/Castro/Russians/Military industrial complex/LBJ /anti-Castro Cubans waiting for ????


    Who can say?

    But if I were to speculate:

    Maybe because their patsy Oswald was in Dallas, along with the terminally ill, mob-connected Jack Ruby who was to eliminate the patsy before he could talk.
    And maybe also because LBJ knew that he could control the immediate aftermath, autopsy and initial investigation of the assassination far more effectively in Texas by having all of the arrangements made and the right people in place to facilitate the "plan".

    Yep - maybe something like that; if I were to speculate.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  41. #1241
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Who can say?

    But if I were to speculate:

    Maybe because their patsy Oswald was in Dallas, along with the terminally ill, mob-connected Jack Ruby who was to eliminate the patsy before he could talk.
    And maybe also because LBJ knew that he could control the immediate aftermath, autopsy and initial investigation of the assassination far more effectively in Texas by having all of the arrangements made and the right people in place to facilitate the "plan".

    Yep - maybe something like that; if I were to speculate.
    So the mob hires a dyslexic misfit who couldn't drive a car. You think they would have provided Oswald with a more expensive rifle.

    The LBJ theory is nonsense when you consider the number of people who would have known including many of JFK's closest friends such as McNamara/Rusk/Valenti/McCone. So LBJ kills JFK and keeps all his friends in cabinet and national security positions ?? He didn't even fire Robert Kennedy who stayed in cabinet till September 1964 ??? Would you not want to get rid of JFK's friends as soon as possible and cut off access to law enforcement and national security secrets ?? Nonsensical.
    Last edited by cash; 10-25-2017 at 07:56 PM.

  42. #1242
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    So the mob hires a dyslexic misfit who couldn't drive a car. You think they would have provided Oswald with a more expensive rifle.

    The LBJ theory is nonsense when you consider the number of people who would have known including many of JFK's closest friends such as McNamara/Rusk/Valenti/McCone. So LBJ kills JFK and keeps all his friends in cabinet and national security positions ?? He didn't even fire Robert Kennedy who stayed in cabinet till September 1964 ??? Would you not want to get rid of JFK's friends as soon as possible and cut off access to law enforcement and national security secrets ?? Nonsensical.
    Who can say?

    Did somebody say that the mob hired Oswald or Ruby or provided Oswald with a rifle?
    Or that Oswald even had a rifle on hand that day or fired any shots?

    The number of people who would have known about any LBJ connection would be the people that LBJ shared that with.
    Getting rid of influential friends of JFK might make it harder to keep an eye on them and manage them - sort of like that old saying about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  43. #1243
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    But he was arrogant. Trump is, I don't what you would call that one, besides the usual derogatory names. Does anyone think he is mad, insane, mentally ill ?
    Look who raised him? A monarch-minded skirt chaser. Those kids were brought up to the tune of being better than anyone else, that women were sex things. Most politicos are arrogant. What strikes me about RFK is that while he was laying there dying--instead of whining--he asked if everyone else was okay. Grace under the hand of death.

    Trump may have dementia. He may be drunk on power. Or he's maturely bankrupt.
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-26-2017 at 01:00 AM.

  44. #1244
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Look who raised him? A monarch-minded skirt chaser. Those kids were brought up to the tune of being better than anyone else, that women were sex things. Most politicos are arrogant. What strikes me about RFK is that while he was laying there dying--instead of whining--he asked if everyone else was okay. Grace under the hand of death.

    Trump may have dementia. He may be drunk on power. Or he's maturely bankrupt.
    And then there are all of those things; and more...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  45. #1245
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Who can say?

    Did somebody say that the mob hired Oswald or Ruby or provided Oswald with a rifle?
    Or that Oswald even had a rifle on hand that day or fired any shots?

    The number of people who would have known about any LBJ connection would be the people that LBJ shared that with.
    Getting rid of influential friends of JFK might make it harder to keep an eye on them and manage them - sort of like that old saying about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.
    give me names - I need names

  46. #1246
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,245
    Of course there is a delay in the release of documents - remember governments are innately incompetent and to ascribe them the ability to commit and cover up the JFK assassination is ludicrous.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jf...-looms-n814691

  47. #1247
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,071
    Yeah, that is true about Trump. Though I did read something before he got in and dementia was brought up. Who knows. As for RFK, I will say he was arrogant, but maybe less so then his brothers. I think he was more of a decent type of guy, with family values. I forget what book I read it in but it said he was appalled, for the most part, by his brother's numerous sexual conquests. That I could believe.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  48. #1248
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    give me names - I need names
    OK.

    William, Jose, Demeter & Biff.

    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Of course there is a delay in the release of documents - remember governments are innately incompetent and to ascribe them the ability to commit and cover up the JFK assassination is ludicrous.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jf...-looms-n814691
    And so there you have it - they're still covering it up.
    Last edited by JimC; 10-26-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  49. #1249
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    676 new documents were released yesterday.

    People are saying all these documents being released will put the conspiracy theories to bed. But if you're a conspiracy theorist, and there's nothing very conspiracy-ish in them, won't you just claim these aren't the REAL files, or at least not ALL of them?

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...pie/832138001/
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  50. #1250
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    676 new documents were released yesterday.

    People are saying all these documents being released will put the conspiracy theories to bed. But if you're a conspiracy theorist, and there's nothing very conspiracy-ish in them, won't you just claim these aren't the REAL files, or at least not ALL of them?

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...pie/832138001/
    Not necessarily - sometimes, well maybe all of the time - you have to read between the lines or maybe read the lines in reverse; or if the conspirators were really clever; you'll have to select random letters from the documents and put them together in logical sequences by imagining what a conspirator might have been thinking and trying to hide while creating the so-called documents.

    You do that diligently, page after page and word after word, cut and paste, cut and paste; and you'll have the proof.
    And it won't be some vague, cryptic proof like these documents read today either - it will be something like, "THERE WAS A CONSPIRACY".

    The only thing I'm really hoping to see out of all this is validation of my long held suspicions concerning the JFK - Bigfoot connection.
    And the unicorns, the living unicorns; obviously.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •