Thread: Carlton Gary

redkatrampant Guest

Carlton Gary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton_Gary

Gary is alleged to have raped and/or murdered seven elderly woman between 1977-78 in Columbus. Known as the Stocking Strangler, in three of the cases he was convicted of beating, sexually assaulting and strangling the victims, mostly by using stockings. Two of the survivors testified that he strangled them into unconsciousness before raping or, attempting to rape them. The one Georgia survivor positively identified him as her attacker in court, however she had previously positively identified 3 other black men as the attacker and in her initial statement had indicated that it was to dark to even distinguish the race of the attacker.[2] Sometimes Carlton Gary would just attack and kill his victims, as is the case in his strangulation murder of the director of the Education Division of the Columbus Health Department. His standard modus operandi was to rape and murder his victims. Gary's oldest victim was 10 days from her 90th birthday, his youngest supposed victim was 55 years old.

His fingerprints were found at four of the crime scenes. All of his victims were elderly white women who lived alone. He also robbed banks and restaurants in and around Georgia. When, during an attempted robbery of a South Carolina restaurant, a female employee stated that his gun wasn't loaded, he fled the restaurant and was apprehended stuck in a swamp behind it. Gary was indicted for the murders on May 5, 1984[3], convicted on August 26, 1986 and sentenced to death the following day.[4] He is currently on Georgia's death row awaiting a final appeal.

I vividly remember this. I was born in Columbus. I remember sitting with my Nana at krystal while she and a friend dicussed "lady parts being pulled out"
    I was 7. My Nana also knew all of these ladies.
    I was so freaked.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I don't understand the death penalty. Why does it take so long for them to execute someone who sits on death row. To me, if you get the death penalty, you should be put to death within 5-10 years from the time you are sentenced, not 22 yrs later still sitting on death row. I don't understand why they wait forever to execute someone. If you did something so horrible that you got the death penatly then you should be put to death relatively quick as far as I'm concerned.

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I don't understand the death penalty. Why does it take so long for them to execute someone who sits on death row. To me, if you get the death penalty, you should be put to death within 5-10 years from the time you are sentenced, not 22 yrs later still sitting on death row. I don't understand why they wait forever to execute someone. If you did something so horrible that you got the death penatly then you should be put to death relatively quick as far as I'm concerned.
    right to due process, blah blah blah

beatlebaby4 Guest
    These poor women, got to the end of their long lives (one was 90) just to die that way. The sick bastard doesn't deserve to still be sitting on death row, he should have been executed long ago!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    yeah I know but 22 yrs later?? Our justice system is so screwed up.

In a case like this, you just wish the arresting officer's gun had "accidentally" gone off when they arrested him...sick fuck.

bunny Guest
    what a sick MOTHER F*CKER...90 years old...how sad

Guest Guest
    He should have a slow painful death for what he did to those poor ladies. What a bastard!!

That is not the American way.

Poor, misguided perpetraitor.

Does not deserve a simple bullet to the back of the head; as he gave his victims.

My gun is loaded.

Kneel; please...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Jazbabee Guest
    well, if he "pulled off their lady parts", then how about if we have his man parts pulled off while he awaits his execution on death row ?? Seems appropriate to me amongst a few other things I can think of !

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    well, if he "pulled off their lady parts", then how about if we have his man parts pulled off while he awaits his execution on death row ?? Seems appropriate to me amongst a few other things I can think of !
    I think this episode started my death haggism. I went to a lot of these funerals with Nana. Making the drive in the Duster that I inherited.
    sigh.

Carlton Gary is set to die December 16.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/exec...or-224793.html
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

BTW, Carlton's first name is misspelled on the title index.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/exec...or-224793.html

Our good old justice system hard at work!! <<--- that's sarcasm

Finally a date with the executioner. I hope nothing gets in the way of it actually happening.

Nelliebean Guest

Party at Cindy's. (I'll bring a bottle of wine)

tarsier Guest
    Not "alleged" this guy was tried and convicted on damning physical evidence. Given how he preyed on elderly, excessively vulnerable women the death pebalty is the least he deserves. I had hoped this post was to say he's finally been put down.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Thats horrible!

What's horrible? He killed helpless old ladies. He deserves what he is getting, and a long time coming. I remember when this happened and it was sickening.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

BTW, Carlton's first name is misspelled on the title index.
    Fixed it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

His execution was stayed. I'll try to find the link. Brb

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/geor...ts-243062.html

Something could have changed since this, but I haven't seen anything.
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-18-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

New DNA tests cast doubt on Stocking Strangler case

The only woman to identify Carlton Gary at trial as the so-called "Columbus Stocking Strangler" has been excluded from being his rape victim by DNA testing, a court motion filed Monday says.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/dna-...e-1475196.html
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The only woman to identify Carlton Gary at trial as the so-called "Columbus Stocking Strangler" has been excluded from being his rape victim by DNA testing, a court motion filed Monday says.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/dna-...e-1475196.html
    So he did rape and murder one woman
    And his attorney thinks this shouldn't be upheld??? WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    So he did rape and murder one woman
    And his attorney thinks this shouldn't be upheld??? WTF??
    Typical defense lawyer bullshit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

What! He already earned his execution fair and square with the rape and murder of the one woman in New York. Of course I believe he's guilty of many more crimes. I was hoping to read that he'd finally been put down.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Good lord. One wonders why he would target, of all people, elderly women. I know we've left the realm of reason when we talk about rapists/killers but I still have to wonder. Hmm...the imaginative part of me says maybe he had younger victims too but chose to kill only the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    Good lord. One wonders why he would target, of all people, elderly women. I know we've left the realm of reason when we talk about rapists/killers but I still have to wonder. Hmm...the imaginative part of me says maybe he had younger victims too but chose to kill only the older ones.
    Plus, he did it 40+ years ago, in a way more innocent age--several years before Bundy trolled. I remember when the killings were going down,and people were just shocked.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Freakinā?? FINALLY
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

JACKSON, GA Carlton Gary, aka the Columbus “Stocking Strangler,” was executed by lethal injection Thursday night at the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification State Prison. He was pronounced dead at 10:33 p.m. https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ho...moHpfw05UspmM/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I agree, it shouldn't take so long, otherwise just give them life in prison.

about time.