Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: George W. Bush

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I would think he is keeping quiet about the state of the economy to help out the McCain campagin.
    Yes, well, he should get up and do his job. He needs to address the nation, even if he has nothing new to say. We need to hear from him and so far, all I hear is silence emanating from the white house.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    He is one of the most corrupt public officials of our time, In my opinion. In the coming years you will learn more and more about how crooked that family is and just how corrupt this current administration has been.

Attachment 7897
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    I completely agree with you, I'm sure some stuff will come out in later years that will make us shudder with "wow, we should have known".
    OH yeah one day we will be in for a surprise how much shit he did behind the publics back!

Thank god his reign is almost over!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    OH yeah one day we will be in for a surprise how much shit he did behind the publics back!

Thank god his reign is almost over!
    Was that 'reign' or 'rain'

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Was that 'reign' or 'rain'
    Or shit might work?

Armcast Guest
    Folks! Folks! Folks!

In the words of Hedley Lamarr from Blazing Saddles, "Gentlemen please, rest your sphincters."

May I remind everyone that we are supposed to be keeping our attention on McCain's weapon of mass distraction - Sarah Palin...

I'll do my part by posting this...

Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    Folks! Folks! Folks!

In the words of Hedley Lamarr from Blazing Saddles, "Gentlemen please, rest your sphincters."

May I remind everyone that we are supposed to be keeping our attention on McCain's weapon of mass distraction - Sarah Palin...

She looks more and more like a transgendered gal everyday.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Folks! Folks! Folks!

Oh and before anyone tries to call me out for being derogatory to Mrs. Palin I take great offense to any disparaging verbage in reference to such folk my recently deceased best friend was transgendered. If anything I owe apologies to my girls for the comparison.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Folks! Folks! Folks!

Armcast you're a national treasure.

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Thanks Jack!!!

Now I realize why people have always wanted to keep me buried...

djdeath-hag Guest
    Thanks Jack!!!

Now I realize why people have always wanted to keep me buried...
    Don't be silly, we wanna keep you in a museum, where people come to see 'em......LOL
    But ya ARE, ya ARE a treasure.....though I'd have said International.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that he is a dog sacrificer?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Oh and before anyone tries to call me out for being derogatory to Mrs. Palin I take great offense to any disparaging verbage in reference to such folk my recently deceased best friend was transgendered. If anything I owe apologies to my girls for the comparison.
    Nice catch you sexist!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

A complete falsehood!!!! I deny! I deny!

I'm much too busy making up UFO sightings, going to England to make the crop circles and at the same time trying to meet some nice ladies at their covens to engage in such shenanigans.

Shenanigans, I say! Shenanigans!
    Last edited by Armcast; 09-18-2008 at 02:33 AM.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Well, Palin will be easier on they eyes at least...

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

<<holds chihuahuas close>>

17. 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
    Reason
    I was wrong about voicing my opinion on this...I like the people here, and don't want to cause them to dislike me...

dovescry1999 Guest
    You know what ?
    I like every one on this thread, and on this site. I started to say something, but I don't want to alienate those whom I find charming, and sweet. So, I will keep my opinion to myself...
    I will say this though...

Seagorath Guest

'Our entire economy is in danger,' Bush warns

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush, saying "our entire economy is in danger," urged Congress to approve his administration's $700 billion bailout proposal.

Failure to act quickly on the bailout plan could result in a "long and painful recession," Bush warned.

"We're in the midst of a serious financial crisis, and the federal government is responding with decisive actions," Bush said in a televised address Wednesday night from the White House.

Bush pointed out that the collapse of several major lenders was rooted in the subprime mortgage market that thrived over the past decade.
    He said passage of the $700 billion bailout proposal was needed to restore confidence in the market.

"I'm a strong believer in free enterprise, so my natural instinct is to oppose government intervention," he said. But "these are not normal circumstances. The market is not functioning properly. There has been a widespread loss of confidence.

"Without immediate action by Congress, America can slip into a major panic."

If Congress fails to approve the rescue plan, the nation could face a "long and painful recession," Bush said.

"The plan is big enough to solve a serious problem," Bush said.
    The plan calls for the government to buy from firms up to $700 billion in troubled assets -- mainly mortgage-backed securities -- whose values declined as the housing market imploded. The goal is to stabilize the companies and prompt them to lend again.

"The government is the only institution patient enough to buy these assets at their current low prices and hold them until their prices return to normal," he said.

Federal Reserve chief Ben Bernanke warned Wednesday that the Wall Street crisis is the worst the nation has faced since the end of World War II and urged Congress to take action on a proposed bailout package.

Congress is considering whether to allow Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson to use federal funds to buy up to $700 billion in mortgage-related securities and other assets that have caused turbulence on Wall Street and have undermined credit markets worldwide.

But Paulson and Bernanke faced deeply skeptical lawmakers, including members of Bush's own party, when they pitched the plan before congressional committees Tuesday and Wednesday.

The White House had been taken a mostly hard line during the negotiations with Congress, but it is signaling a new spirit of cooperation that suggests the administration realizes the situation is so serious that it will have to compromise in order to get something done.

"This is not take-it-or-leave-it," a senior administration official said earlier Wednesday. "We'll accept changes."

The senior administration official said the president has been contemplating a prime-time speech for several weeks but finally decided to deliver it tonight because he believes that the situation has reached crisis stage.

"This is a bullet you only fire once," the senior official said. "We have reached a point in the process where we just have to get action."

Noreen Guest
    didn't I hear that speech before? oh yeah, that one was about WMD, you know, the one's that didn't exist.

Seagorath Guest
    WASHINGTON - President Bush warned Tuesday that failing to pass a financial rescue plan would bring severe consequences to the U.S. economy. "Congress must act," he declared in an appeal that John McCain and Barack Obama echoed.

McCain and Obama separately urged Congress to redouble efforts to get a deal through and both proposed increasing federal deposit insurance to $250,000, as a key part of it. Both McCain and Obama called and spoke to the president on Tuesday, a White House official said.

In brief remarks at the White House, Bush warned that, "if our nation continues on this course, the economic damage will be painful and lasting."

He said his administration would work with congressional leaders to get the defeated $700 billion relief package back on track. The House voted 228-205 Monday against the bill designed to stabilize a reeling financial system. That triggered the biggest one-day sell-off on Wall Street since the 2001 attacks, as the Dow Jones industrial plummeted by 778 points.

Both McCain and Obama called on lawmakers in their parties to stay at work until an acceptable plan is assembled.

Bush noted that the maximum $700 billion in the proposed bailout was huge, but was dwarfed by the $1 trillion in lost wealth that resulted from Monday's stock-market plunge.

"Because the government would be purchasing troubled assets and selling them once the market recovers," he said, "it is likely that many of the assets would go up in value over time. Ultimately, we expect that much - if not all - of the tax dollars we invest will be paid back."

The rescue package and the nation's faltering economy was also Topic A on the presidential campaign trail as both Republican McCain and Democrat Obama addressed the subject, advocating that the federal insurance on deposits, savings accounts and bank certificates of deposit be increased from the present $100,000 to $250,000.

"The first thing I would do is say, 'Let's not call it a bailout. Let's call it a rescue," McCain told CNN. The Arizona Republican said that "Americans are frightened right now" and it is the job of political leaders to give them both an immediate solution and a longer-term approach to the problem.

McCain announced a brief suspension of his campaign last week to return to Washington and become involved in negotiations on the bailout but would not say whether he was contemplating that again. "I will do whatever is necessary" to help, he said.

Top congressional and White House officials were stunned when the House rejected the massive rescue plan, and a host of lawmakers said Tuesday they thought Congress should persevere in its attempt to find a political consensus.

Obama issued a statement Tuesday saying lawmakers should not start from scratch as they weigh their next move.

The Illinois senator said that significantly increasing federal deposit insurance would help small businesses and make the U.S. banking system more secure as well as restore public confidence in the nation's financial system.

White House spokesman Tony Fratto said that McCain and Obama each called and spoke to the president on the crisis. "Both calls were very constructive, and the president appreciated hearing from them," he said.

Fratto said both senators offered ideas and agreed the crisis was a critical one that needed to be addressed. "We appreciate hearing them and will continue to work with congressional leaders on ideas that will help the economy," Fratto said.

In his comments from the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House, Bush pointed to Monday's drop in the Dow Jones industrials.

"The dramatic drop in the stock market that we saw yesterday will have a direct impact on retirement accounts, pension funds and personal savings of millions of our citizens," he said. "And if our nation continues on this course, the economic damage will be painful and lasting."

He said he was disappointed by Monday's House vote but that "this is not the end of the legislative process."

"I recognize this is a difficult vote for members of Congress," Bush said. "And I understand that. But the reality is we are in an urgent situation and the consequences will grow worse each day if we do not act."

He said this was a critical moment for the U.S. economy. "And we need legislation that decisively addresses the troubled assets now clogging the financial system, helps lenders resume the flow of credit to consumers and businesses, and allows the American economy to get moving again."

Earlier, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., said "doing nothing is not an option" as lawmakers scrambled to structure a new bailout proposal that would attract reluctant lawmakers and still soothe the unnerved financial markets.

With the House not scheduled to meet again until Thursday, congressional leaders and administration officials promptly sought to assess what types of changes could win over enough votes to guarantee success.

Obama said Tuesday that lawmakers should not start from scratch as they weigh their next move.

The bill's failure came despite furious personal lobbying by Bush and support from House leaders of both parties. But the legislation was highly unpopular with the public, ideological groups on the left and the right organized against it, and Bush no longer wielded the influence to leverage tough votes. Even pressure in favor of the bill from some of the biggest special interests in Washington, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Realtors, could not sway enough votes.

The legislation the administration promoted would have allowed the government to buy bad mortgages and other deficient assets held by troubled financial institutions. If successful, advocates of the plan believed it would have helped lift a major weight off the already sputtering national economy.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson emerged after the vote and warned of a credit crunch that would affect American businesses and said families would find it harder to get student loans and car loans.

"We need to work as quickly as possible," he said gravely. "We need to get something done."

This has me all messed up before I've even had coffee. If only that had been a 'real' movie... and if only it had happened sometime before the (s)election in 2000. Now, I'm going to have my first cup of coffee as I wait for my door to be kicked in and someone to put a thick black bag over my head and tie wraps around my wrists and ankles then fake my suicide.

Seagorath Guest
    This movie looks like it's gonna be funny...love the scene where he chokes on the pretzel...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810026489/video/9880120

[quote=Seagorath;449711]This movie looks like it's gonna be funny...love the scene where he chokes on the pretzel...

Why did someone have to go and intervene on a death by natural causes? It was obviously his time. Damn, I forgot that one. I feel the urge to be a cutter again.

Seagorath Guest
    A shot of Bush signing the "Economic Bailout Plan"...He looks like he just shit his pants!

Danny62 Guest
    The only thing that needs to bail out is Bush! In Air Force one thirty thousand feet in the air!

Best thing he could do for our country!!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    A shot of Bush signing the "Economic Bailout Plan"...He looks like he just shit his pants!

Maybe...............just maybe it is because he realizes that he too will be working for the rest of his life to make payments towards this debt. But then again, I doubt that he has any sense of responsibility for all of our men & women who have died in Iraq, in vain, as part of a mission to eliminate the weapons of mass destruction. God bless them all....God forgive this moron, he knows not what he's done.

Seagorath Guest
    Well said, friend...well said. He'll have to live with it for the rest of his life. And we can't forget about the many "innocent" Iraqis too.

http://icasualties.org/oif/

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Maybe...............just maybe it is because he realizes that he too will be working for the rest of his life to make payments towards this debt. But then again, I doubt that he has any sense of responsibility for all of our men & women who have died in Iraq, in vain, as part of a mission to eliminate the weapons of mass destruction. God bless them all....God forgive this moron, he knows not what he's done.

jeca Guest
    Well said, friend...well said. He'll have to live with it for the rest of his life. And we can't forget about the many "innocent" Iraqis too.

http://icasualties.org/oif/
    Very well put Dennis, and Sea.

30. 10-04-2008, 10:23 AM

Wednesday Guest
    George Bush vs. The Joker on the bailout plan :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1X6RQLZtoA

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    George Bush vs. The Joker on the bailout plan :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1X6RQLZtoA

Good One!

Norma Desmond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    The only thing that needs to bail out is Bush! In Air Force one thirty thousand feet in the air!

Best thing he could do for our country!!
    Not until he's out of office. We don't need Mr. Cheney in the oval office for the next 3 months .

34. 10-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Seagorath Guest
    That's pretty cool. Maybe you can get that visit...and witness Bush's "end times" in the White House. I'm going to celebrate when his ass is out of there. I'm also going to bastardize his legacy in all my political propaganda until the end of time...just for the hell of it.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    Let me first state I really don't like President Bush and he will probably become known as the worst President in history. With that being said....

I have known that my Cousin has worked in the Whitehouse as a speech writer for the President for a few years. I recently found out that my Cousin is now a direct assistant to the President of the United States for Homeland Security, I thought that was pretty crazy.

If I could get to WashingtonDC in the next month or so (before the end of this administration) I would be able to take a private tour of the west wing from my cousin directly, what a trip that would be.

Armcast Guest

Noelle Page Guest
    I'm going to celebrate when his ass is out of there. I'm also going to bastardize his legacy in all my political propaganda until the end of time...just for the hell of it.
    Aw, Sea, you're gonna miss him, admit it.

Is the W movie out yet? Looks hideous in the trailer, but maybe has some high camp value.

38. 10-14-2008, 06:19 PM
    Reason
    Wrong thread!

Seagorath Guest
    You can now watch "W." on watch-movies.net...I was quite entertained by it...

Noelle Page Guest
    Was it one of Oliver Stone's trippy pipe dreams? I do enjoy those....

Kind of interesting that Josh Brolin played W, while Dad Jim played Reagan (very well) in the (very entertaining) TV movie "The Reagans." Must be some fun holiday dinner current-events conversations in that family, what with stepmom Babs Streisand in the mix.

Seagorath Guest
    It's very pipe dreamy...lots of college flashbacks and episodes of young Bush getting yelled at by elder Bush, Bush gambling, Bush drinkin'...lots of humor. Richard Dreyfuss plays a pretty impressive Dick Cheney btw...I'm a huge Dreyfuss fan...going back to 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'...

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Was it one of Oliver Stone's trippy pipe dreams? I do enjoy those....

Kind of interesting that Josh Brolin played W, while Dad Jim played Reagan (very well) in the (very entertaining) TV movie "The Reagans." Must be some fun holiday dinner current-events conversations in that family, what with stepmom Babs Streisand in the mix.

lab_rat Guest
    It makes me laugh to see that W's thread is in the Entertainment section.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    It makes me laugh to see that W's thread is in the Entertainment section.
    I think if we had a horror section it could be moved to that! Or True Crime...

44. 10-27-2008, 04:08 PM
    Reason
    Since this thread's been moved to merge multiple GW threads, my post now no longer makes with the sense.

Danny62 Guest

'Impaler' pledges to impale Bush

The American Secret Service have launched an investigation into one of the candidates for the presidency in 2008 ?? after he pledged that as President, one of his first acts would be to impale President George W. Bush.

The candidate in question is Jonathon 'The Impaler' Sharkey, and he is running as the only self-described satanic vampire candidate who has so far entered the 2008 race.

Sharkey's pledge to impale President Bush, he makes clear, will only come into effect if he is actually elected to office.

But that has still triggered action by the Secret Service, who say they have a duty to investigate any threats against the president. Sharkey, 42, says that agents from the service visited him at home with his 19-year-old wife, Spree, to investigate his impaling pledge.

Sharkey told The Columbia Chronicle about the visit: 'They were telling me, when they were interrogating me, that their job was to protect Bush even after he's out of office. I'm looking at them like, ??Oh, you're going to defy me when I become president??'

Sharkey previously ran for President in 2004, and has run for Congress several time, occasionally as a Republican.

Darrin Blackford, a spokesman for the Secret Service, disagreed that the investigation was an over-reaction: 'Unfortunately, in our line of work, we can't take that chance.'

But a legal expert is unsure if a case could be made against The Impaler. 'Under the First Amendment, what it boils down to here is whether or not he's a vampire who wants to impale the president,' law professor Neil Richards of Washington University in St. Louis told the Chronicle.

'I guess the question is, if he's a vampire, why is he the one staking people? Shouldn't he want to bite the president and feed on him?' added Richards, describing these questions as 'perhaps further evidence that this is not a true threat.'

Sharkey, meanwhile, seems unconcerned about the investigation. If anything, he feels that the Secret Service may not be taking him seriously enough.

'They never even asked to see my impaling stick,' he complained.

Armcast Guest
    holy crap! what a psycho!!!!! The first clue is that he's 42 and married to 19 year old......kinda ewwww....

It's horrible to think that anyone would want to cause harm on any of our Presidents, past or present.

What an asshat.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Um...Obcess much...Yes, much too much...Gaw...What a knobjockey...

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    What an asshat.
    Which one? The "Impaler" or the "would-be impaled"? LOL

Danny62 Guest

Here is a pic of the nutjob!

Is this from the onion???

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

oh yeah...real winner there...just the kind of face we need on our currency for our children to see in their lifetimes...

djdeath-hag Guest
    He's not so bad looking. I disagree with his approach....since I prefer the concept of GWB being tried & convicted of war crimes......but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

He should wear something scarier than his Gramma's lampshade if he wants to be taken seriously.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    He's not so bad looking. I disagree with his approach....since I prefer the concept of GWB being tried & convicted of war crimes......but that's just me.

.......GOLD