Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: George W. Bush

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post

In remembrance of the 4,000 brave men and women who sacrificed everything for us -- and the two men who would continue this great tragedy, despite the cost to our soldiers, our military, and our nation.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3052868

There's a HUGE version of the pic available in the link.
    Very nice...wonderful. It's always nice to honor our fighting soldiers.

Maybe they can create a mosaic with Kennedy & Johnson on it, for the purpose of remembering the 50,000+ fighting men & women of our armed forces who died in the Vietnam War....part of the 1.7 million that were drafted, as opposed to our current troops, who freely volunteered to join the armed services.

I find it ironic and sad how they use smiling faces for the mosiac. Just puts the whole thing in perspective, doesn't it?

cachluv Guest
    "Maybe they can create a mosaic with Kennedy & Johnson on it, for the purpose of remembering the 50,000+ fighting men & women of our armed forces who died in the Vietnam War....part of the 1.7 million that were drafted, as opposed to our current troops, who freely volunteered to join the armed services."

---Thanks for posting

They have already erected or otherwise esteemed memorials for other wars/other war veterans. Why would this be any different?

Why is memoriam considered to be verboten, as if "they asked for it" by signing up?

Has anyone ever said or even suggested that our soldiers are NOT there against their wills?

There's a fine line between politics and lies. Some people just feel as though these people didn't join up and get drafted to back up and fight for an outright, fabricated and completely made up LIE(s). I appreciate your views soundqcar. Truly. We're all on here and we all count

I am sure all of them there wish they were anywhere but. But, they did sign up, and war was something they knew they might face.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RaRaRamona Guest
    No one said they asked for it. They chose to die for you & for me. They died b/c they chose to pay the price for living in this country for those who won't, like me.

I believe in what we're doing there. Why don't y'all try it sometime instead of dogging them out all the time? Talk about dying for no reason. When you make satire out of war it's spitting in the faces of the soldiers who gave everything for what they believed in. We are doing good there. We're rebuilding & teaching & giving food & shelter & water & education to those who never had it before. We overthrew a man who killed babies b/c of their parents' views. Can you imagine? Why do other countries deserve help but Iraq does not? I know why. Bush went to their aid & no one else. Some people are so caught up in Bush hating they can't see straight.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I am sure all of them there wish they were anywhere but. But, they did sign up, and war was something they knew they might face.
    So many signed up for just that reason. But to hear some tell it they are mindless idiots tricked into going to certain death for "lies oh oil lies."

AAHHH it's so freaking insulting.

cachluv Guest
    Okay, for conversations' sake---

I work where I work. I accepted the job voluntarily. They promised me certain things, which did not come through. They promised me certain things would NOT come through, which of course, did. I still work where I work. I cannot claim to be a victim, but there are people around me who at times feel badly for me in my position.

And there are managers and President's where I work who take joy in other's pain. They suck. To lie to and manipulate people sucks. It changes the whole playing field that was initially set up under certain agreements, certain stipulations, certain rules and understandings.

No one said the soldiers are there against their wills. Of course they knew they may be called into active duty when they upped. As a seperate issue, we have truly done much good over there. I don't understand why this is an issue........too many people have died under false pretenses. And some people are unhappy about it.
    Last edited by cachluv; 03-24-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    So many signed up for just that reason. But to hear some tell it they are mindless idiots tricked into going to certain death for "lies oh oil lies."

AAHHH it's so freaking insulting.
    Anyone sound of mind and body enough to be accepted into the military is smart enough to know they may face war. And to say otherwise is an insult to their intelligence.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Okay, for conversations' sake---

I work where I work. I accepted the job voluntarily. They promised me certain things, which did not come through. They promised me certain things would NOT come through, which of course, did. I still work where I work. I cannot claim to be a victim, but there are people around me who at times feel badly for me in my position.

And there are managers and President's where I work who take joy in other's pain. They suck. To lie to and manipulate people sucks. It changes the whole playing field that was initially set up under certain agreements, certain stipulations, certain rules and understandings.

No one said the soldiers are there against their wills. Of course they knew they may be called into active duty when they upped. As a seperate issue, we have truly done much good over there. I don't understand why this is an issue........too many people have died under false pretenses. And some people are unhappy about it.
    You do what you gotta do in whatever you do, and let the devil take the hind most.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

cachluv Guest
    Folks, it was just a cool picture. Nobody's right and nobody's wrong. Please don't get so upset. Please try to accept everyone's feelings. We're all here and we all count.

That's true, it is a very well-done mosaic.

Nothing wrong with expressing yourselves folks. As long as you show respect for other's opinions while you express your own.

Deathgoddess Guest
    "Personally, I want to know what qualifies Hillary Clinton to be the next president. Is it because she was married to the president? If that were the case then Robin Givens would be the heavyweight champion of the world."

Seriously? I am not a Hillary supporter, but really? Why the Hell is George W there? because his Daddy was president? Oh that's right, we only ask those type of questions if it is a woman..... not a man. I keep forgetting about the double standard! Silly me

Mosaic. Discuss.

RoRo Guest
    with all the bashing it doesn't seem a very fitting tribute to the soldiers..more a hit to Bush and McCain...personally I appreciate all our soldiers past and present..dead or alive, no matter what I think of the president or politics ..it's a hard as hell job and I thank God for them cuz I know I couldn't do it. The mosaic is interesting and I'm glad it was posted so we could all see it.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    No one said they asked for it. They chose to die for you & for me. They died b/c they chose to pay the price for living in this country for those who won't, like me.

I believe in what we're doing there. Why don't y'all try it sometime instead of dogging them out all the time? Talk about dying for no reason. When you make satire out of war it's spitting in the faces of the soldiers who gave everything for what they believed in. We are doing good there. We're rebuilding & teaching & giving food & shelter & water & education to those who never had it before. We overthrew a man who killed babies b/c of their parents' views. Can you imagine? Why do other countries deserve help but Iraq does not? I know why. Bush went to their aid & no one else. Some people are so caught up in Bush hating they can't see straight.

Why aren't we in Darfur? Why aren't we in any of the other African countries that are facing the same thing? Hmmm, could it be that there's nothing in it for US to help them? The US has a long standing record of only helping other countries if it serves our interests....not just to be nice and helpful.

As for the "war on terror," let me assure you I'm all for war for the right reasons....I firmly believe we should bomb the hell out of whoever is hiding Bin Laden. Remember him? He's the one we should be chasing and killing. He, and Al Queda, attacked us.....not Saddam.

And if we're doing so much good over there....why does Bagdad still not have reliable electricity or running water all over the city? And why is that a problem all over the country....5 years later?

And I served my country and earned the right to say what I say, and feel how I feel (first Gulf War vet). Yes, I hate Bush...have for many years, for many reasons that do not have a damn thing to do with his ego-boosting, profit-for-friends war.....war that I feel is for all the wrong reasons.

If we're going to sacrifice our military...at least let it be for a just cause, and let's spread the wealth to the other countries that may need help, even if they don't have anything we need or want in return.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Everyone does what they for who they can - & all the better to get something in return, no? If we were in Darfur instead of Iraq I guarantee Bush haters would be all over him for not going to Iraq instead. Why Darfur instead of Iraq?

Everyone does what they for who they can - & all the better to get something in return, no? If we were in Darfur instead of Iraq I guarantee Bush haters would be all over him for not going to Iraq instead. Why Darfur instead of Iraq?
    Exactly!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

and to honor the 4000 men and women who died let's create the faces of these two men who steered them into their demise!!!

what a tribute... I'll pass.

It would have been more powerful if the faces had been put on the Statue of Liberty, IMO.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah this is just a way to stir up controversy and make the "artists" name be known... anyone with half a brain can see through this stunt.

"ooh, it's so edgy and risky" yeah, at the expense of 4000 soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Yeah this is just a way to stir up controversy and make the "artists" name be known... anyone with half a brain can see through this stunt.

"ooh, it's so edgy and risky" yeah, at the expense of 4000 soldiers.
    Yeah, I agree.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Maruz83 Guest
    Pass !

pryncssdeb Guest

Lightbulb President Bush Signs Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act into Law

from NHF

On Wednesday, May 21, 2008, President Bush signed historic legislation protecting Americans from discrimination based on the results of genetic testing. The bill was recently passed by Congress with strong bipartisan support after a 14-year struggle and dedicated efforts by a coalition of healthcare and other advocacy organizations, including the National Hemophilia Foundation.

"This is a tremendous victory for the hundreds of thousands of Americans affected by genetic disorders," said Val Bias, CEO, National Hemophilia Foundation. "It was a long and hard effort to achieve this day".

The new law prevents employers and insurance companies from either requiring genetic test results or from using genetic information as the basis for decisions around employment or insurance coverage. In the bleeding disorders community, the law has particular significance for women who are considering genetic testing to determine whether they are carriers. In the past, some individuals have avoided such tests out of fear of possible discrimination. The law does not affect those who have been diagnosed with specific conditions.

spread the word here!

deb

pryncssdeb Guest
    Bush signs anti-genetic discrimination bill

WASHINGTON
    -- U.S. President George W. Bush on Wednesday signed legislation to protect people from losing their jobs or health insurance when genetic testing reveals they are susceptible to costly diseases.

Broadly embraced in Congress, the anti-discrimination measure aims to ensure that advances in DNA testing won't end up being used against people.

The new law forbids employers and insurance companies from denying employment, promotions or health coverage to people when genetic tests show they have a predisposition to cancer, heart disease or other ailments.

Bush praised the bill for protecting "our citizens from having genetic information misused."

Sponsors of the legislation call it a groundbreaking protection of civil rights. About a dozen of them gathered in the Oval Office as Bush signed the bill, but not Senator Edward Kennedy, to whom the president paid particular tribute.

Kennedy, who learned this week that he has a malignant brain tumour, has called the genetic anti-discrimination bill "the first major new civil rights bill of the new century." The Democratic senator from Massachusetts left the hospital on Wednesday.

"All of us are so pleased that Senator Kennedy has gone home, and our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family," Bush said.

People today have far more information about their hereditary disposition to crippling afflictions. Bill sponsors said that has increased the likelihood that insurers or employers might deny people work or insurance to avoid costly risks.

"This is a tremendous victory for every American not born with perfect genes - which means it's a victory for every single one of us," said Representative Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.), one of the bill's key sponsors. "Since all of us are predisposed to at least a few genetic-based disorders, we are all potential victims of genetic discrimination."

Genetic tests look for alterations in a person's genes, and abnormal results can mean that someone has an inherited disorder. The tests look for signs of a disease or disorder in DNA taken from a person's blood, body fluids or tissues.

Researchers have supported the bill because Americans have been refusing to take genetic tests or have been using false names and paying cash because they didn't want the information used against them by their employer or insurance company.

The new law prohibits health insurance companies from using genetic data to set premiums or determine enrolment eligibility.

Federal law already bans discrimination by race and gender.

Congressional efforts to protect people from genetic discrimination go back more than a decade.

Senator Olympia Snowe, a Maine Republican and longtime advocate for the legislation, said the signing of the bill "is a landmark moment in our ongoing effort to fight discrimination."

Genetic testing can lead to early, lifesaving therapy for a wide range of diseases with hereditary links such as breast and prostate cancer, diabetes, heart disease and Parkinson's disease. Yet increasingly, people fear that the data gleaned from such tests will be used against them.

A 2001 study by the American Management Association showed that nearly two-thirds of major U.S. companies require medical examinations of new hires.

Each person probably has six or more genetic mutations that place them at risk for some disease, according to the National Human Genome Research Institute.

The House voted 414-1 for the new legislation. The Senate passed it in a 95-0 vote.
    Story Link

source: www.dancingmokey.com

djdeath-hag Guest
    I'm glad that he Pres. Bush signed it. (and you thought I couldn't find ANYTHING nice to say about him????)

Well if he didnt sign it the media would be all over it. His caretakers wouldnt let him veto it for sure.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Just because they created the law does not necessarily mean that the insurance agencies et al won't try it on.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

The bad guys must be running out of material

The terrorist toss the grenade, miss their target, and then beat feet out of the area. Turn up the video.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/193058.php

Voters to decide on naming sewage plant for Bush

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- A measure seeking to commemorate President Bush's years in office by slapping his name on a San Francisco sewage plant has qualified for the November ballot.
    The measure certified Thursday would rename the Oceanside Water Pollution Control Plant the George W. Bush Sewage Plant.
    Supporters say the idea is to commemorate the mess they claim Bush has left behind by actions such as the war in Iraq.
    Local Republican's say the plan's stink and will oppose it.

Chevyheaven Guest

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Can we make arrangements to throw him in?

LOL! That would be a *perfect* way to commemorate his presidency.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    Put him where he's put our country.

endsleigh03 Guest

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    By throwing him in? It would surely be the biggest piece of stool in that system.

Seagorath Guest
    Feed that man to the "stool" factory!

** ZERO LEGACY **

Forever-27 Guest
    Gavin Newsum is grasping for straws. He was pushing for Hillary to win soooooo hard , must have broke his heart when she dropped. Glad he isnt my mayor

docsmilitarywife Guest
    ..So freakin' fitting.
    I 2nd it.

docsmilitarywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    can we make arrangements to throw him in?

lmao:d

pattykad Guest
    Please San Fransisco, do the right thing! Name it !

Although it's really not fair to the sewage.

Dying Breath Guest

Seagorath Guest

George W. Bush

I wanted to be the instigator of this thread...and I'll start by posting this video...highly entertaining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ty7uL04jCI

Ha Ha Ha!

Armcast Guest
    I saw this movie and I can remember people saying that this was just another way of bashing the President and how "disrespectful" it was. I don't think the film was disrespectful at all...these are the times we live in, albeit unfortunate sometimes, and it dramatized a traumatic event.

I'm sure that if the movie had been filmed in President Clinton's or President Bush Sr.'s time, it would have been equally dramatic and controversial as well. I found it an interesting movie...thanks for the vid...

Noelle Page Guest
    Ok, I reluctantly watched it. It gave me the shakes. It's riveting, but that doesn't make it right. At a certain point, even an artist should say, this is wrong, just wrong. Bad karma. jmo.

melmoney Guest
    I think it is a shame that they would portray this of our current president. If it had been any other president (especially a Democratic one) there would have been public outrage.

Just goes to show you how radically left-winged the bigwig Hollywood producers and media really are.

I was watching a documentary on Kennedy's assassination yesterday and it is absolutely chilling and horrible what he endured. That day was a dark day in American history and a very sensitive topic for a long time afterwards. Such a terrible tragedy is nothing to take lightly and certainly nothing to depict our current President's murder for the sake of art.

I think it's Un-American and unpatriotic to depict our country's leader in such a fashion. That is not saying that everyone must love Bush and agree with his policies, but to create a film of his assassination is just WRONG and should never have been done.

IrishBabe Guest
    I'll just second Melmoney and keep my big mouth shut from here.

He would deserve what he got. Even then it would be too easy a punishment for this man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Image Maker Guest
    Nothing good could come of this thread. I'm out.

49. 09-12-2008, 09:59 AM

Seagorath Guest
    We'll let "father time" be the judge of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Image Maker View Post
    Nothing good could come of this thread. I'm out.

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    He is one of the most corrupt public officials of our time, In my opinion. In the coming years you will learn more and more about how crooked that family is and just how corrupt this current administration has been.

Attachment 7897