Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: David Letterman

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Yummmm...

Tina Fey!

I'd still like to know how she got that scar on her lovely face.

Oh, I like Dave; he's cool.

They just posted something on People magazine about it. She was playing in the front yard as a little girl and some freak stranger came up to her and slashed her face.

Outlier Guest

David Letterman Marries Longtime Girlfriend

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Late-night talker David Letterman married his longtime girlfriend, Regina Lasko, last week, according to a transcript of the taping of his Monday night show.
    The wedding was at the courthouse in Choteau, Montana, on Thursday, he said, according to quotes from CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" provided to CNN by Letterman's publicist, Tom Keaney.

"Regina and I began dating in February of 1986, and I said, 'Well, things are going pretty good, let's just see what happens in about 10 years ...," he joked during the taping.

"I had avoided getting married pretty good [sic] for, like, 23 years, and ... honestly, whether this happened or not, I secretly felt that men who were married admired me -- like I was the last of the real gunslingers."

Lasko is a former "Late Show" staffer. The couple have a son, Harry.

Letterman told his audience that the wedding almost didn't happen after the couple, son in tow, got their pickup truck stuck in the mud on the way to the ceremony.

"So I get out of the truck and I walk two miles back to the house into a 50 mph wind. It's not Beverly Hills, it's Montana, for God's sakes,' " he said. "And the whole way, I'm thinking, 'See, smartass? See? See? You try to get married, this is what happens.' "

When he returned with a car, he said -- presumably joking -- that his son was disappointed, "because mom had told him if I wasn't back in an hour, the deal was off."

Last edited by Outlier; 03-23-2009 at 04:21 PM.

RubySlippers Guest
    interesting - i have never seen a picture of her. boy, did she hit the mother load with that one...

TallulahDahling Guest
    Giving an old guy a son can make him do just about anything, eh?

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TallulahDahling View Post
    Giving an old guy a son can make him do just about anything, eh?
    apparently...blech. i really sincerely don't think i could bang and old guy. unless i am an old gal, which i am not. grossness.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I've never seen a picture of her either. I was expecting her to look totally different. I don't know what I expected but I expected something different. Well good luck to them. That must be one of the longest engagements ever!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Why bother now ???

guardmom2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I've never seen a picture of her either. I was expecting her to look totally different. I don't know what I expected but I expected something different. Well good luck to them. That must be one of the longest engagements ever!
    Yeah I'll agree the longest engagement ever. I guess I expected her to look a little like Larry King's wife.

I am with you on that one Guardsmom, I was expecting a totally different person too. But hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess it goes both ways for them, except she probably saw Dave sitting on a pot of gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Wow, NOT what I expected at all. Interesting. I'm with you, too, guardsmom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actually, I think she's very pretty. With her hair and make-up done by a professional she could outshine a lot of the wives out there. What a cute little boy!

Elizabeth Guest

Gee....

Gee, that gives hope to the rest of us that it will happen.....but 23 years???? I have trouble waiting for the mail....

cubbiecatz Guest
    Why ruin a good thing by getting married?

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiecatz View Post
    I agree 100%. Not a fan of marriage. Tried it twice and it wasn't any fun.

Giada Guest
    She reminds me of the U of O professors in Oregon who look like lumberjacks. A surprise to me for a media type like Letterman.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Geez, his guests have been ribbing him about this for years! I had never seen a picture of her but I didn't expect her to look "Hollywood." I didn't think he would go for that type, somehow. I think she is pretty but then I like that natural look rather than the fake boobs, make-up, yadda yadda.
    Congrats, Dave! They look like a very happy family. I hope.

burgtwngrl Guest
    So Happy For them both.. the best of luck to them and little Harry

Giada, when you said that about the professors, I thought of Monty Python:
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm ok....."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Congrats?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    Giada, when you said that about the professors, I thought of Monty Python:
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm ok....."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0
    That's the funniest song ever!!!!

I've been out of the US for awhile so I'm not sure--are there benefits to being married when Dave goes to the big Worldwide Pants in the sky? Will it be easier for her to collect his talkshow pension or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

TallulahDahling Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    I've been out of the US for awhile so I'm not sure--are there benefits to being married when Dave goes to the big Worldwide Pants in the sky? Will it be easier for her to collect his talkshow pension or something?
    Well Kitty, we haven't seen a copy of the pre-nup yet

Hag1 Guest
    I have a new respect for David Letterman.

MorbidMolly Guest

Hence my earlier post

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmom2008 View Post
    Yeah I'll agree the longest engagement ever. I guess I expected her to look a little like Larry King's wife.
    Yeah ... I expected her to be somewhat attractive.

There. I said it.

hoxharding Guest
    She looks alot like his last girlfriend(Merril Markoe-I think that is how you spell her name)

Good for them! I think being together for as long as they have is fantastic. And as for her looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Letterman paid his writers when they were on strike out of his own pocket. He's a class act in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    She looks alot like his last girlfriend(Merril Markoe-I think that is how you spell her name)
    She does!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Wow does she ever

don't_axe_me Guest
    I'm very happy for all of them. 23 years is a long time, and I believe they're truly in love. Good for them!

MmmRavioli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kman0072 View Post
    Good for them! I think being together for as long as they have is fantastic. And as for her looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Letterman paid his writers when they were on strike out of his own pocket. He's a class act in my book.

I agree. Choteau, MT is just minutes north of where I live. I haven't met him personally, but a number of people I know have. We just treat as one of us. When he is seen, it's sort of an unwritten rule... don't make a big deal. He even brought Willie Nelson here for a concert not long ago.

Congratulations to them both! For whatever reason, they decided they were ready to take the plunge. It certainly helps protect you legally, at least in most states. Massachusetts doesn't recognize common law marriage, so 17 years ago I got married for the health insurance! I'm still married to the same guy, so I guess it worked out.

I love how one headline referred to Dave's marriage as "sudden". "Secret" or "low-key" might have been more accurate, but "sudden"? What, they didn't wait long enough and rushed into it?!

Elizabeth Guest

Shawn Southwick King (Since 1997)

Letterman has nothing on Larry King as far as the marriages numbers go....King is on his *seventh* marriage, from 1997 to Shawn Southwick, a Mormon and friend of Marie Osmond's....she looks wayyyyyy more "done" than Letterman's wife, but I would put money that Letterman's marriage will last longer than King's.....

ChargerBill Guest

Palin Attacks Letterman For Joke About Daughter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5g8k...eature=related

Sarah Palin lambasted late-night comedian David Letterman Wednesday for "sexually perverted comments" about one of her teenage daughters - and rebuffed his moves to make nice.

The CBS funnyman joked Monday of Palin's recent New York visit that "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

Palin was incensed.

"Laughter incited by sexually perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is ... disgusting," the Alaska governor said in a statement.

The former GOP veep nominee's 14-year-old daughter, Willow, was the only Palin child to attend the game at Yankee Stadium.

Alaska's First Dude, Todd Palin, said "any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable."

But Letterman insisted on his show Wednesday night that he was referring to 18-year-old Bristol Palin, who recently gave birth to a son after roiling the presidential campaign with the revelation she was pregnant.

The unwed Bristol has since become a high-profile advocate for abstinence.

"We were, as we often do, making jokes about people in the news," Letterman said.

"These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old daughter. I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl," he added.

"Am I guilty of poor taste? Yes. Did I suggest that it was okay for her 14-year-old daughter to be having promiscuous sex? No," Letterman said.

The ratings-conscious comedian even made Palin an offer: "I would like you to consider coming to New York City - you and Todd as my guests, or leave Todd at home - I'd love to have you on the show. It'd be exciting."

Don't set the TiVo.

"It doesn't matter whether he was talking about Willow or Bristol, what he said was unacceptable," responded Palin spokeswoman Sharon Leighow.

Palin was in New York to receive an award for her advocacy for children with disabilities. Her family was invited to Sunday's Yankees game by former Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...int=1&page=all

rickenbacker Guest
    When is she going away? PLEASE?

Had Rush Limbaugh made this joke we would never hear the end of it.
    I remember when the Clintons were praise over the fact that they defended Chelsea from attacks.

BY the way, isn't Chelsea pushing 30 now and last year it was considered tasteless to ask Chelsea questions about her mother's credibility after the Monica thing.
    Something about it being wrong to ask a child this question.
    She was there as a spokesperson for her mother wasn't she.

Where was Letterman then?
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I wouldnt be surprised if Sarah Palins 14 year old daughter is sexually active.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

You think?!

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Letterman has never been know for his tact. That is what makes him so damn funny. It was all in jest and I don't believe for one minute he was talking about Palin's 14 year old. When you thrust your pregnant, unwed daughter into the spotlight, you better be prepared for the aftermath.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    When is she going away? PLEASE?
    Couldn't have said it any better !!

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by In a Sea of Sorrow View Post
    Letterman has never been know for his tact. That is what makes him so damn funny. It was all in jest and I don't believe for one minute he was talking about Palin's 14 year old. When you thrust your pregnant, unwed daughter into the spotlight, you better be prepared for the aftermath.
    Exactly

GrinReaper Guest
    Let's see here: An unwed teenager who gets knocked up makes for a perfect spokesperson on abstinence? Oh yes!

Cemetry Gates Guest
    They will grab any chance they can get to hop back in to the spotlight.
    If the Palins hadn't responded to Letterman's joke, most people wouldn't even have thought twice about it.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Had Rush Limbaugh made this joke we would never hear the end of it.
    I remember when the Clintons were praise over the fact that they defended Chelsea from attacks.

BY the way, isn't Chelsea pushing 30 now and last year it was considered tasteless to ask Chelsea questions about her mother's credibility after the Monica thing.
    Something about it being wrong to ask a child this question.
    She was there as a spokesperson for her mother wasn't she.

Where was Letterman then?
    Exactly. Letterman's joke was in poor taste and he rightfully should be called out for it. And as a mother of a daughter, had someone made a joke like that about her I'd come out fighting like a mother bear too. Good for Sarah.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Let's see here: An unwed teenager who gets knocked up makes for a perfect spokesperson on abstinence? Oh yes!
    Uh...yes, the perfect person for the job, actually.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Who's sara palin? I never heard of her before. hmm I guess it would mean more if I knew. :O(

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant as well.

TallulahDahling Guest
    He's a comic and she's a public person. Whoop de fuckin doo!!
    Hate it for ya, Palin!

I feel that while Letterman made a tasteless joke, Sarah Palin should be able to take it. Afterall she IS the one who exposed those kids from the beginning. The oldest son was smart. He enlisted and went to Iraq the first chance he got.
    Wanna see my grandkids?