View Poll Results: Will SP' s ass get a mile wide from supporting Chik-Fil-A?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I will be able to see it from my house.

17 65.38%
  • No - That is all.

9 34.62%
Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 545525354555663 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,700 of 4327

Thread: Sarah Palin

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    This shows how badly informed the electorate in this Country really is, but that has always been the case. Hannity does the same thing trying to make Liberals look like idiots. I am sure the informed people on boths sides are always edited out of these films.

Here is a video demonstrating the same tactic on Obama's supporters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8

People that make these films are just throwing scooby snacks to the kool-aid drinkers on both sides.

I nominate this as post of the damn day!!!!!

Bidmor Guest
    I couldn't find a thread on The Tonight Show nor Conan O'Brien so I stuck this in here:
    http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...5-c674f1542d06

Anybody catch that Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I couldn't find a thread on The Tonight Show nor Conan O'Brien so I stuck this in here:
    http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...5-c674f1542d06

Anybody catch that Friday night?

I think this speaks to the point I was making above... the media can make a fool of anyone if they care to, it works both ways.

It is interesting to see her now that the McCain camp in not muzzling her.

Bidmor Guest
    I think this speaks to the point I was making above... the media can make a fool of anyone if they care to, it works both ways.

It is interesting to see her now that the McCain camp in not muzzling her.
    No doubt. Now we have "Visor-Gate":
    http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/16/sarah-...photo-picture/

Sarah Palin campaign was a 'train wreck', insiders say

"You guys have a lot of work to do," Steve Schmidt, Mr McCain's campaign chief, is said to have told the experts he had recruited to tutor her. "She doesn't know anything."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6984739.ece
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

pattykad Guest
    Absolutely delicious. She wrote crib notes on her palm.

Can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Seagorath Guest
    I hate this woman. She is fake...and doesn't deserve ANY publicity. Shoot her please.

pattykad Guest
    Yes, they sure made a big deal out of her speech to what, 800 people?

I think it's a pretty good bet that if she were less attractive, someone as ill-informed as she is would get no air time. I do enjoy watching her
    make up words and invent run on sentences. She's got a major ego...I
    expect she thinks she's a contender..with crib notes.

Bidmor Guest
    On the other hand (pun intended), does anyone think that Leno or Letterman could do their monologue with six words written on a palm...sans teleprompter?

Giada Guest
    Palin's a media enhanced creation, because media need's the revenue. She had the value of a good script writer during the campaign when she gave her first speech. Since that time she's truly been nothing more than an SNL caricature.

Palin with the turkey being slaughtered behind her could not have been better scripted ...

Who believes this crap ...

dcg76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Palin's a media enhanced creation, because media need's the revenue. She had the value of a good script writer during the campaign when she gave her first speech. Since that time she's truly been nothing more than an SNL caricature.

Palin with the turkey being slaughtered behind her could not have been better scripted ...

Who believes this crap ...
    "It's got to be all about job creation, too."

Cliche now, but I couldn't resist.

At the GOP House retreat Obama didnt need a teleprompter to show how ignoranat and moronic they are. For a hour and a half Obama lectured GOP leaders and, in a protracted, nationally-televised question-and-answer session, deflected their policy critiques, corrected their misstatements and scolded them for playing petty politics. He was so good that Fox news cut away form the coverage 20 minutes before it ended. Luke Russert reported from the scene that GOP aides had admitted to him that allowing the "cameras to roll like that" was a "mistake."

Palin with her cheat sheet on her hand has a lotta nerve calling Obama the guy with the teleprompter. Could you imagine Palin taking a question and answer session from the House Dems on policy? That would be comedy gold.

dcg76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    At the GOP House retreat Obama didnt need a teleprompter to show how ignoranat and moronic they are. For a hour and a half Obama lectured GOP leaders and, in a protracted, nationally-televised question-and-answer session, deflected their policy critiques, corrected their misstatements and scolded them for playing petty politics. He was so good that Fox news cut away form the coverage 20 minutes before it ended. Luke Russert reported from the scene that GOP aides had admitted to him that allowing the "cameras to roll like that" was a "mistake."

Palin with her cheat sheet on her hand has a lotta nerve calling Obama the guy with the teleprompter. Could you imagine Palin taking a question and answer session from the House Dems on policy? That would be comedy gold.
    She'd be 100 times funnier then watching Bush.

Ah Sarah, the thinking man's glove puppet.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

pattykad Guest
    [quote=JefeStone;1004143]At the GOP House retreat Obama didnt need a teleprompter to show how ignoranat and moronic they are. For a hour and a half Obama lectured GOP leaders and, in a protracted, nationally-televised question-and-answer session, deflected their policy critiques, corrected their misstatements and scolded them for playing petty politics. He was so good that Fox news cut away form the coverage 20 minutes before it ended. Luke Russert reported from the scene that GOP aides had admitted to him that allowing the "cameras to roll like that" was a "mistake."

Interesting that I mentioned that on the Obama thread.....and people
    still disagreed with me that he did a great job. You just know they
    won't inviting him back. How nice to have a smart man in the White
    House.

Snoopy Guest

As long as she could look at her hand..well..she'd be fine..or forget her crib notes are on her hand and accidently wash them! LOL

Bidmor Guest
    Palin wrote six words on her hand to remind herself of the subjects she wanted to cover. No teleprompter. No notebook script.

However the so called most intelligent POTUS in history doesn't know how to pronounce a common word. This is a hoot:
    http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/02/06/...avy-corpseman/

I'm inclined to believe Palin knows the correct pronunciation.

So much for the mental giant in the White House.

I've an idea...let's return to debating Palin's political views. What a concept!

I have never understood the huge backlash against Palin. She was thrust into this political scene and then abandoned and scewered by the very campaign that she was brought into in the first place.

That said, her personal life has been a soap opera and her "hick" type persona has not helped. I think writing words on your hand and then gensturing in a manor that exposes that is just laughable.

I don't necessarily mind the message, it is the messanger that needs a little help. I don't see her accomplishing a whole lot on the politcal scene in the next 10 years.

Palin wrote six words on her hand to remind herself of the subjects she wanted to cover. No teleprompter. No notebook script.

However the so called most intelligent POTUS in history doesn't know how to pronounce a common word. This is a hoot:

I've an idea...let's return to debating Palin's political views. What a concept!
    Really? You are nitpicking how Obama pronounces one word?

Why would Palin have to write "cut taxes" and "energy"on her hand? Cutting taxes is that mantra of every republican in the country. She needed a reminder to preach that?

GrinReaper Guest
    She wrote some words on her hand?
    Some notes, write?
    Has she not heard of index cards or paper?
    She really is a ditz.

dcg76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    She wrote some words on her hand?
    Some notes, write?
    Has she not heard of index cards or paper?
    She really is a ditz.
    Exactly. It's called Public Speaking 101. They teach this, at least in my town, in high school, community college, and every 4 year school.

Fujicakes Guest

Why would Palin have to write "cut taxes" and "energy"on her hand? Cutting taxes is that mantra of every republican in the country. She needed a reminder to preach that?
    Don't forget, she had to remind herself to "lift American spirits".

On the other hand (pun intended), does anyone think that Leno or Letterman could do their monologue with six words written on a palm...sans teleprompter?
    There's a difference between a late-night comedian using a teleprompter to remind himself of a joke most likely written that very same day and a politician who needed to remind him/herself of the basic topics he/she spews out at his/her audience in almost every single speech. The least Palin could have done to save herself from embarrassment was to write this down on a notecard.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I have never understood the huge backlash against Palin. She was thrust into this political scene and then abandoned and skewered by the very campaign that she was brought into in the first place.

That said, her personal life has been a soap opera and her "hick" type persona has not helped. I think writing words on your hand and then gesturing in a manor that exposes that is just laughable.

I don't necessarily mind the message, it is the messenger that needs a little help. I don't see her accomplishing a whole lot on the political scene in the next 10 years.
    The reason for the huge backlash is that Palin is a practicing social and fiscal conservative who is perceived by her supporters as a D.C. outsider. If Palin were a liberal, none of the personal silliness and downright cruelty unleashed upon her and her family would have happened. It's simply because of her political and life beliefs. Period.

Yep. Why? Because he is the sitting President and Commander-In-Chief of those "corpse-men". I suppose that the words scrolling in his omnipresent telepromters and printed notes will need to be spelled phonetically now. But because B.O. is a leftist, he gets as pass from the MSM on a faux pas such as that...as opposed to Bush's flubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujicakes View Post
    There's a difference between a late-night comedian using a teleprompter to remind himself of a joke most likely written that very same day and a politician who needed to remind him/herself of the basic topics he/she spews out at his/her audience in almost every single speech. The least Palin could have done to save herself from embarrassment was to write this down on a notecard.
    My error there. I was attempting to connect Obama's need for teleprompters to that of late night comedians.

The reason for the huge backlash is that Palin is a practicing social and fiscal conservative who is perceived by her supporters as a D.C. outsider. If Palin were a liberal, none of the personal silliness and downright cruelty unleashed upon her and her family would have happened. It's simply because of her political and life beliefs. Period.
    I'm not sure I am understanding your point. By backlash, I mean the extreme negativety aimed at her mostly from the left. Liberals and conservatives are naturally opposed in their views and often criticize one another but the criticism has been elevated against her to a level that is higher than Limbaugh and Hannity combined. Why is the criticism so unproportiate in her case?

Just had to pop in here and wish Sarah Palin a happy birthday. Carry on.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3016589148_4ccf479583.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	27008  

Bidmor Guest
    I'm not sure I am understanding your point. By backlash, I mean the extreme negativety aimed at her mostly from the left. Liberals and conservatives are naturally opposed in their views and often criticize one another but the criticism has been elevated against her to a level that is higher than Limbaugh and Hannity combined. Why is the criticism so unproportiate in her case?
    One may disagree with Sarah Palin's political stances and comment on her inexperience on the national stage of course and mud slinging is a way of political life. It's amusing all of the silly personal mud is still almost continually slung at her.

Regarding Palin's crib notes, she was merely taking a cue from Sen. Diane Feinstein. Is this news to anyone?...
    http://www.calbuzz.com/2010/02/palin...-on-boss-emeg/
    So does this mean that Palin is as "smart" as DiFi, or is DiFi actually as "ditsy" as Palin? What's good for the conservative goose is good for the liberal goose. Right? Or was Crib-gate just another lame excuse for the MSM to take a personal poke at Palin instead of airing clips of her remarks?

smooches27 Guest
    So does this mean that Palin is as "smart" as DiFi, or is DiFi actually as "ditsy" as Palin? What's good for the conservative goose is good for the liberal goose. Right? Or was Crib-gate just another lame excuse for the MSM to take a personal poke at Palin instead of airing clips of her remarks?
    You make some awesome points. I know there are people that love her and people that hate her. I personally felt the whole writing on the hand thing was a non-issue, but it did seem the MSM used it as ammunition.

Regarding Palin's crib notes, she was merely taking a cue from Sen. Diane Feinstein. Is this news to anyone?...
    Unfortunately that was news to me. 20 years ago I was caught up in frat parties and bong hits so I missed it. Thank you for pointing that out because it does take alot of the wind out of the detractors sails.

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi

And I assume you also had a problem or found it equally amusing that President Bush could not pronounce "nuclear"? Not just one time, but consistently. Drove me up the wall.

And yes Mrs. Palin did not use a teleprompter for her Tea Party speech. She did however use text in the form of notes (I assume). Either that or there was something fascinating on the podium that she kept looking down at. And whathef*** is the big deal with teleprompters? They all use them, even the divine Mrs. Palin.

Did you have a problem with Mrs. Palin following self proclaimed Muslim basher, homophobe and birther nut, Joseph Farah at the Tea Party Convention, thus giving him some sort of legitimacy? Given all the backlash President Obama had to put up with from the media over Reverend Wright, one has to wonder why the media did not say so much as boo about Palin and Farah sharing billing at the Tea Party Convention.

The media spend waaaaaay too much time covering this woman. Wonder if the gig at Fox has anything to do with it? She is NOT a serious or even important political figure and whatever political capital she may have had is fast becoming a moot point. The latest Washington Post/ABC poll shows that 55% of Americans view her unfavorably, a bit over 70% feel she is not qualified and among Republicans, only 37% hold a "strongly favorable" view of Mrs. Palin, which according to the poll is about half of what it was when she was announced as Senator McCain's running mate. Truth is, if she is indeed beaten up in the press (and I see very little proof of that) it is because she either knows very little or at the very least, comes across as knowing very little. I have listened to a couple of her speeches and to be honest, I have a difficult time trying to discern what she is saying.
    Last edited by Ima Sikfuk; 02-12-2010 at 10:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/te...1-body-d7.html

Chapter VII. Mr. Barrett's Diplomacy in Rawhinia's Rescue.

The Maoris are volatile, and their demonstrations of exhilaration are, if anything, even more elamorous than are those of their grief. It does not in the least resemble the boisterous Britons' “Hip. hip, hurrah!” and yet the intonation of the voice decidedly conveys exuberant enthusiasm. The following may be taken as a sample.
    Come ye hither all ye people!
    Make no delay!
    This is the day of our senses delighting—
    Hoh! Hoh! hither quickly come—
    Hoh! Hoh! hither quickly come.
    Hoh! Hoh! Hoh! Ho—ah! Ho—ah!
    It was on the morning of the sixth day of weary watching and waiting at Moturoa, that a red flag was waved by the hand of the watchman on the top of Paritutu, signifying that something had been seen on the water away northward—Mokau way; but as to what it was, there was, as yet, no certainty. However, vague as admitted was the communication, it had the effect of instantly getting up a wild and boisterous uproar among the people. Soon was seen a great hurrying of men, women, and children, eager to select the best points of observation upon the several eminences around. There, while squatting together, a great amount of good-natured chaff and bantering goes on—such as this:
    “Now, how ever came you, Hori, to bring those eyes of yours here with you? They're sure to lead you some stupid contrary topsy turvy way.”
    Hori has a ready wit, and tells Ona, this wench bent upon plaguing him, that he didn't mind very much what mischief his eyes brought upon himself, so long as they served him to guide in a right direction such giddy things as she.
    “You, Hori! How big you talk!” retorted Ona. “Hah, you! thinking you can guide anything well that don't really know a pretty page 43 kotero's [girl's] eyes from those of a calf-shark. It's bad enough, one would think, to be a fool, Hori; but it's worse to show yourself a braggart with it too.”
    “What you speak of me, Ona, may, or may not, be true: it's not for me to say which,” rejoined Hori, meekly, but with a faintly visible touch of acerbity: “Still, this much you know, Ona, just as well, perhaps, as I do, that these things you allude to, when separated from the body, are something, after all your jesting, not very unlike one another.”
    Ona, evidently pouts at Hori's irrelevant and indelicate analogy, and went as far even as to designate him a nasty old bull-seal, that couldn't for the life of him distinguish—well—smoke from fog, stare at either for as long as ever he might.
    Hori gets suddenly absorbed, and treats Ona's rude and unkind words, apparently, with stoical indifference. The fact is his eyes had just at that moment caught a glimpse of something on the water away northward. After a maturer survey, Hori triumphantly perks his face derisively towards his reckless persecutor, and says, exultingly,—
    “Girl: you now have nothing more to say to me about blindness. You talk about the like! You! a pretty one you are, indeed, to do anything of the kind—that can't tell a bank of clouds from a war-canoe! Look! see if you've got any sight left at all in your eyes, Ona—you'll behold that. Yonder speeds hitherward the toas.” [braves.]
    Honi, here, at any rate, proved to the satisfaction of himself, that he was gifted with a farer-reaching sight than any of them, despite all Ona's saucy and quite uncalled for most aggravating taunts about the imperfection of his vision: for it really turned out to be, after all, no other than their own, thrice-welcome, war-canoe, and rapidly speeding hitherward too.
    “See, now, Hori,” quoth Ona, with a most marvellous placative change in the expression of her rather winsome features and the inflexion of her deep-toned melodious voice, “who can tell whether or no they've got Rawhinia with them. Should you be the first to say they have, Hori—that is, knowing, mind! that it's no fraud—I'll never say No, Hori, to your Will you!
    Eager enough as Hori was to execute the behest of Ona—for the truth was, despite all the banter, he liked her not a little, and more so now as she had, at last, spoken so sweet and softly. He found, however, after a painstaking trial, that he was unable to succeed in giving the assurance which so great a reward was held out for. Something he had discovered, it is true, but, so far, it could not be determined upon with any certainty what the something really was. It might be only Dickey Barrett and the two, whalers who went with him, standing on the bow. Hah! This object for'rd perplexed ardent Hori—well—no small bit. It hindered him from singling out Rawhinia even should she be there. However, the reason for Hori's difficulty in this matter was, afterwards, satisfactorily explained. Rawhinia had been, all this while that Hori was straining almost, his eyes out, to individualise her, half-reclining page 44 at the bow, obscured by a seaman's sou'wester hat on her head, and, around her body, one of their peajackets.
    After the hearty salutations of welcoming were finished, it became known that the expedition, in a way, had been a success; and, but for a certain eontretemps, all but a bloodless one. When the ‘Flyingfish’ schooner, Captain Philip Marett, master, and subsequently, as it was ascertained, bound to Moturoa, with provisions, was driven, through actual stress of weather, to seek shelter in the harbour of Kawhia, and therein had slipped anchor a good way off shore, it was getting late on in the day, and no one from the land bothered themselves to look anyway near. At early grey dawn, however, on the following morning, there came leisurely and quictly paddling alongside, in a canoe, an infirm-looking aged man, along with a youth and two small boys. When this patriarch got on board, he, the hoary aborigince, gave a faint smile of injured susceptibility, when the Captain, without delay, put to him, through an Interpreter, the question, “If his tribe on shore, these times, was friendly with the Pakeha?”
    This “ancient-of-days” replied to the query with a droll sort of grimace on his spare, shrivelled, and pinched countenance, accompanied with a fin-like backward movement of his open hands, and thus delivered himself: “Wouldn't the shark, if it could, not like to be friendly with the swordfish?”
    This hoary head and his present retinue evinced such an innocent and amusing curiosity at everything they saw, touched, tasted or handled, that gradually, they drew the favour, despite of themselves, of all aboard, and thereupon begat unreserved confidence. One most strange thing, however, with them at the time was this: that when Rawhinia came upon deck, they paid no more heed to her—no; not a bit more—than one they were accustomed rubbing up against every hour in the day. 'Tis true, eventually, the old man had the courtesy to stoop for a moment or two and press upon her facial protuberance the corresponding prominent organ of his face; but this, obviously, ended any further regard—any additional recognition.
    Later on in the morning, two grown-up young men and three merry young koteros [girls] joined the other Natives aboard: and they, likewise, in no less marked a manner, displayed a naive, engaging demeanour—so far, in fine, as to arouse a yearning in the seamen's breasts to take a short run ashore, just for the purpose of seeing for themselves what sort of homes such very nice civil people lived in. The Captain and his stevedore, together and alone, were about to accompany these engaging visitors on their return to shore in the gig, under the plea of providing fresh provisions, when, over the rail, just as they were about to glide away from under, Rawhinia eagerly pled to be taken along with them. She sadly wanted, she told them, “To try and find out, if she possibly could, where her sister was then.”
    Now then: What could the skipper do? A point-blank refusal was quite out of the question to give to the captivating pleadings of such an page 45 altogether loveable Prosperine as Rawhinia, and off the three, in company, made for the shore together. During the afternoon, the Captain and the stevedore returned; but no Rawhinia with them. A party, who had stated that they well knew all Rawhinia's tribe, begged very hard on the Captain to allow Rawhinia to stay with them until such time as the sea went down sufficiently for the ship to make a start.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

"No harm should befall Rawhinia: no; none whatever, as long as she was with them.”
    When the sea on the bar, at length, went down, after a few days favourable weather, Rawhinia's person on board, as a matter of course, was urgently besought; but, those urged, returned this dissatisfactory reply—that their guest was, meanwhile, very unwell, and hoped the Captain would excuse her going aboard on that day. Another day and again another day was delay still entreated, until the Captain was quite beside himself, as well too he might, with downright vexation. Just at this time, as the afflicated skipper was in a torture of indecision about how, in such an exigency, properly to act, lo! the Taranaki war-canoe, as unexpected as it was highly acceptable, came alongside, to his infinite relief.
    As soon as friendly parlance between the new arrivals and the officers of the ‘Flyingfish’ was got through, Mr. Barrett explained to Captain Marett the nature of his mission thither. It was then, there and then arranged, that the first mate, Barrett, and the two English whalers, should go in company ashore, in order, as Dickey Barrett jocosely put it, “To see how the land lay.”
    This small band was received by the Natives, apparently, with the utmost cordiality. Rawhinia, they frankly avowed to be with them; but was, just at the moment, on a visit of friendship at a kainga not many, only a few miles away. Had any of the Pakehas any desire then to go and see her?
    This gracious-like affability of these unsophisticated people had with it, such a semblance of the true ring of sincerity and pure bonhommism that, eventually, it had the effect of removing all suspicion of anything like in the nature of double-dealing which, most probably, ere this, must have been entertained. Just while about to leave with such a favourable impression, the quick ear of Mr. Barrett, quite easually, from an adjoining apartment, caught this suppressedly-uttered sentence: “Kia hohoro ta tatou haere,” meaning, “Let us travel quickly;” and, momentary, he concluded within himself, that here treachery was evidently at work! Wilily, without, without his ever communicating his altered sentiments to anyone, he entered into a cheerful conversation apart with the old man who had first boarded the ‘Flyingfish.’
    “Come with me aboard again,” said he in Maori, “Tupare, and have some acknowledgment for all the kindness you have shown. I know you like many good things which I could readily supply, such as nice tobacco, brandy and gin, and, better than all, too, spicy-flavoured German saveloys. 'Gad friend, Tupare! these fine dainties make one's page 46 mouth to water by the barely making mention of them: don't they now?”
    Tupare was elated to almost overpowering transport at the thought of having so many good things put into his possession: “Wouldn't he now be enabled to satisfy himself and astonish too, all his friends after, by the recital of how graciously he had been treated!” This was how old Tupare got inveigled once more aboard; and the said Tupare, Barrett knew full well, was no mean chief. Thus, so far, so good. Directly, they weighed anchor, and got their vessel outside the Heads. There they lay-to, and contrived to get this message conveyed ashore: “That unless Rawhinia was restored by the day but one after to-morrow, promptly at sunrise, off, without any further nonsense, at once, should go Tupare's head.”
    To-morrow's sunrise came, and no communication: next morning's, and yet no sight of Rawhinia. Another morning's sunrise, and, without further consideration, the threat would most certainly be executed. There was no help for it: the Native duplicity had driven them, most unwillingly, to this extreme recourse.
    Rawiri, one of the paddlers, a minor fighting chief, a lieutenant of Whara Pori's, had conferred upon him the distinguished privilege, if rendered necessary, of performing the sanguinary office of decapitation. This Rawiri distinctly proved himself to have had an inordinate relish for the enacting of any such a truculent job, insomuch, in fact, that long before the time of the stars leaving the overarching firmament, he had planted himself on watch on the pinnacle of the ship's forecastle, patiently awaiting for the first glimpse of the golden rim. As such, when barely perceptible, showed itself above the eastern horizon, Rawiri, without ever as much as casting his eyes to the right or to the left, in all haste betook himself to where the unconscious Tupare was quartered, and, with a blow or two of his well-whetted tomahawk, noiselessly severed the head. But, lo! What must have been Rawiri's dismay, on his being told, almost as soon as he had accomplished this decapitation business, that his services as executioner, happily, would not be required, as, Rawhinia, at that very moment, had just popped aboard! She, inauspiciously, had slipped quietly in at the opposite end to that in which Rawiri had been so zealously engaged!
    There was one matter of consolation, however, in connection with this inadvertent tragtedy, which was this: that those who had conveyed Rawhinia to the side of the vesse, had paddled straightway back again, without their ever having left their skiff. Had they been less auxious to return ashore, Mr. Rawiri's services might have been further called into requisitions for despatching a few more additional victims.
    “It is certainly jolly awkward, this beheading business,” quoth Barrett, east down-like, to Captain Marrett. “I myself,” he said, “wouldn't the like had taken place—no! not for almost the price of anything I could name. But, tush! after all, mistakes, it is said, will page 47 occur in the best regulated of families: it's no use at all us noising about spilt oil.”
    “I can't make out at all the object of Rawiri's unwarrantable haste,” said Captain Marett, moodily. “Beggar it! he might as well have looked around him, to have seen whether or no the necessity had arisen.”
    “There is one thing,” rejoined Mr. Barrett, with perceptible feeling in his tone, “that, hadn't I seen the absolute and, consequently, unavoidably urgent necessity for decoying the unfortunate wretch, at the time I did, my kind and most excellent friend, Te Puki, would never more have had the pleasing gratification of laying eye-sight again upon his only child Rawhinia. Nay; he would henceforth have had to mourn the captivity of two daughters instead of that of the one. Phill!” Mr. Barrett added, jocosely, “I am glad now that we are bound for the same port; and, allow me to tell you, we make a mistake—we certainly do, indeed—if either stays a moment beyond what can be avoided here. So, Good by, old man, for the present: we are now off back to the Sugar Loaves, at Moturoa, as speedily as stout arms can make the timbers fly through the briny.”
    And, in a trice, almost, Barrett, Whara Pori, and their men, bore away from the “Flyingfish,” Barrett, with inner satisfaction at having Rawhinia safe by his side, and Rawiri with, perhaps, quite as much satisfaction at being instrumental in sending to the realms of the avenging spirits, one of his hated enemies, and one of their leaders too. No apprehension whatever was entertained by anyone at this time of the bloodshed which would eventually follow from their recent tragical performance.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    And I assume you also had a problem or found it equally amusing that President Bush could not pronounce "nuclear"? Not just one time, but consistently. Drove me up the wall.

And yes Mrs. Palin did not use a teleprompter for her Tea Party speech. She did however use text in the form of notes (I assume). Either that or there was something fascinating on the podium that she kept looking down at. And whathef*** is the big deal with teleprompters? They all use them, even the divine Mrs. Palin.

Did you have a problem with Mrs. Palin following self proclaimed Muslim basher, homophobe and birther nut, Joseph Farah at the Tea Party Convention, thus giving him some sort of legitimacy? Given all the backlash President Obama had to put up with from the media over Reverend Wright, one has to wonder why the media did not say so much as boo about Palin and Farah sharing billing at the Tea Party Convention.

The media spend waaaaaay too much time covering this woman. Wonder if the gig at Fox has anything to do with it? She is NOT a serious or even important political figure and whatever political capital she may have had is fast becoming a moot point. The latest Washington Post/ABC poll shows that 55% of Americans view her unfavorably, a bit over 70% feel she is not qualified and among Republicans, only 37% hold a "strongly favorable" view of Mrs. Palin, which according to the poll is about half of what it was when she was announced as Senator McCain's running mate. Truth is, if she is indeed beaten up in the press (and I see very little proof of that) it is because she either knows very little or at the very least, comes across as knowing very little. I have listened to a couple of her speeches and to be honest, I have a difficult time trying to discern what she is saying.
    Frankly I don't recall Bush's pronunciation of "nuclear". I do however recall his mispronunciations of other common words...and, yes, it amused me. There's one huge difference in the comparisons. During his first campaign, the MSM (mostly liberals) constantly but subtly beat the drum that Bush was an ignorant hick boob (sound familiar?). However, the same basic media (who drank at the Obama kool-aid stand regularly) touted him as the most intelligent President ever. I would think that Palin, and even Bush, know how to pronounce "corpsmen".

I have no problems with teleprompters. Palin used one in her veep nomination acceptance speech and when it momentarily malfunctioned, Palin bought time by winging the soccer mom joke.

As to Palin following Farah, she was the key note speaker. I assume she was told when she would speak that was basically that. I have no idea what Palin thinks of Farah. And the MSM will mostly always leave Farah alone because he asks embarrassing questions, not unlike Ron Paul or Alan Keyes. A one time occurrence, as compared to Obama spending some twenty years worth of Sundays listening to Wright's rantings and hate speech. Maybe Obama slept through them.

Regarding the polls...2012 is a political eternity away. I haven't figured out what the banksters have in mind for Palin. I do currently think they will use her to re-elect their puppet Obama. So far, B.O. is carrying on the Bush agenda...both of them obeying orders.

I find her insidious.
    Also, I don't think that LETTERMEN should have retracted.
    She does pose, and she does look like a stewardess on the make for a hot lay.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Giada Guest
    Former cheerleader, Palin reminds me of Prejean and Paris Hilton. A celeb masquerading as an informed politician.

Her major speaking engagements are to bowling alley audiences, with few listener's.

"I'm for Ameruuuuca, family values."

Its scary that she has the following that she does. Its scary the excuses conservatives pull out of their asses to defend her. What the tea party organizers or Fox didnt tell everyone is that she knew her questions in advance. Her second question she was asked was "What are the first three things you would do if you won the presidency?" She wrote on her hand the following notes: "energy"; "budget cuts" ("budget" was then crossed out and replaced with "tax" -- presumably because a call for budget cuts would require sticky specifics); and "lift American spirits" Her answer to the question.

That question should have been one she should have been able to answer in her sleep. She needed notes for that. That alone shows how dense she is. She might have a rabid base among the tea partiers but she is going to need more than them to get elected. Independents will not support this woman.

Sarah Plain and Gall is offended yet again:
    http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/415475_tvgif16.html

Quit pontifically pata- shit eating grin wearing kissing with your presidentially potential put-on pout and you wont get kicked in your gut you shitstained porcelain veneered toiletfaced shiteating shitfaced shiteatinggrinwearing hyperbole of a 372nd trimester abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Sarah Plain and Gall is offended yet again:
    http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/415475_tvgif16.html

Quit pontifically pata- shit eating grin wearing kissing with your presidentially potential put-on pout and you wont get kicked in your gut you shitstained porcelain veneered toiletfaced shiteating shitfaced shiteatinggrinwearing hyperbole of a 372nd trimester abortion.
    Right? I doubt she'll ever figure out that the more a public figure wails about these things, the more shit sandwiches they end up fixing for themselves in the long run. I'm even starting to wonder if she doesn't barf up the same shit just so she can eat it again. "Another kick in the gut" indeed. She is her own worst pr nightmare.

I still like Sarah... I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out over the next year. I do think she frightens liberals in the same manner that Obama frightened conservatives. If she was not a threat to the democrats then no attention would be paid to her (take Huckabee for example).

Honestly I think there will be a backlash against Obama in the next election, Sarah will be too far right, and we wll wind up with a Moderate for President. But what do I know... I am just a computer guy.

Giada Guest
    Vicki Lovine's article on Sarah was very funny, "Like a pig, nose in ground attempting to root truffles."

Sarah's next performance won't be in politics, it will be on her very own reality show ....

Alot of people spend alot of time talking about Sarah and finding new and creative ways to insult her and her family. She has obviously touched a nerve in this country that has brought out some ugliness in alot of people.

Tiger Wood can hold himself up as the poster child of purity in sport and in life and screw 19 women behind his wifes back and catches less crap than a woman whose biggest crime is raising a downs baby and aspiring to be a leading politician.

She may not be that articulate, she may be a bit of a hick, but has accomplished quite a bit more than most who criticize her.

sheri Guest
    If raising a disabled child is a 'crime,' then I should be in jail right now.

I think why people criticize her is more because she is a public figure who comes across as that she's better than everyone else, not because she's raising a child with a disability.

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    I was being sarcastic. I was just pointing out something redeaming about her.

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post

I think why people criticize her is more because she is a public figure who comes across as that she's better than everyone else, not because she's raising a child with a disability.
    I think Liberals and Conservatives both are guilty of this. Generally speaking I believe Liberals consider themselves intellectually superior while Conservatives feel the are morally superior.

sheri Guest
    I was being sarcastic. I was just pointing out something redeeming about her.
    Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I think Liberals and Conservatives both are guilty of this. Generally speaking I believe Liberals consider themselves intellectually superior while Conservatives feel the are morally superior.
    IMHO, it doesn't matter what your political affiliation may or may not be, at the end of the day, people are going to think they are intellectually/morally superior to everyone else. It's just one of the human imperfections we need to work on. To think less that way, and think better/positive. Just mho.

pattykad Guest
    REPLY TO
    PARTIAL OPPOSITION TO MOTION FOR INTERIM CHILD SUPPORT C. “…Tripp is an enrolled member of Curyung Tribal Council within the Bristol Bay Native Association consortium. Because the majority of Tripp’s health care costs are already covered by IHS and the Alaska Native Medical Center, Mr. Johnston has no need to purchase additional health insurance….”

So there you have it. Tripp is on "socialized medicine". Can you say
    "hypocrite", Sarah?

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post

Who CAN forget Bush's pronounciation of NuCleeeear. What a Klutz he was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqLvB...om=PL&index=12

Cannot fathom the fascination some people have in Sarah Palin. Can't stand her either. To be honest.......I think most politicians are right up there with Lawyers......the biggest crooks around!

Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    REPLY TO
    PARTIAL OPPOSITION TO MOTION FOR INTERIM CHILD SUPPORT C. ???Tripp is an enrolled member of Curyung Tribal Council within the Bristol Bay Native Association consortium. Because the majority of Tripp??s health care costs are already covered by IHS and the Alaska Native Medical Center, Mr. Johnston has no need to purchase additional health insurance?.?

So there you have it. Tripp is on "socialized medicine". Can you say
    "hypocrite", Sarah?

Stretching a little. Tripp is not Sarahs kid and his mom Bristol is an adult and free to seek medical services for her kid anywhere she deems appropriate. Also, the IHS is completely seperarate from any organization present in the health debate because it was established through treaties between American Indians and the US government. There are alot of "affirmative" programs that are in these treaties.

Lastly, no one in the healthcare debate suggests eliminating social programs that extend healthcare where the programs are warranted. In CA there is a program called healthy families that highly subsidizes healthcare for the children of low income parents.

What people are against is a government run single payer system or changes that will lead to one. The government would have to swell to an unsustainable size which will kill the tax base.

Giada Guest
    With Sarah, it's the hypocrisy. She challenged use of the word retarded with one group and ignored Rush Limbaugh's use of the same word.

Dear Sarah does not live by the same set of rules she expects others to conform to ...

GrinReaper Guest
    Alot of people spend alot of time talking about Sarah and finding new and creative ways to insult her and her family. She has obviously touched a nerve in this country that has brought out some ugliness in alot of people.
    Yeah.
    And somehow this village idiot manages to generate 2700 or so posts about her on here!
    It's incredible the amount of attention Pailhead is getting on here or anywhere else.

It's time that she stopped crying like a victim over any little thing directed towards her and started to really sound like a leader instead.
    We shouldn't have any wimps in office.

But as long as this dimwitted dingbatted dame keeps on playing the dumb victim card that's fine with me. Because she will never get elected as long as she does.
    Last edited by GrinReaper; 02-22-2010 at 03:04 PM.