View Poll Results: Will SP' s ass get a mile wide from supporting Chik-Fil-A?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I will be able to see it from my house.

17 65.38%
  • No - That is all.

9 34.62%
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Point is, I too doubt we will lose any big rights. Not easily anyway. Maybe a coupla little ones.
    That statement scares me more than you can ever know. Isn't that how Hitler started out? Taking the little rights away then working up to the bigger ones? Losing ANY rights big or little just plain scares me.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    That statement scares me more than you can ever know. Isn't that how Hitler started out? Taking the little rights away then working up to the bigger ones? Losing ANY rights big or little just plain scares me.
    Agree 100 %.......

Noelle Page Guest
    [QUOTE/]Michael Moore (see link above):

“I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven,” Moore said, laughing. “To have it planned at the same time – that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for day one of the Republican Convention, up in the Twin Cities – at the top of the Mississippi River.”[/QUOTE]

Nice. This is not a good person.

P.I.L.F.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Noelle Page Guest
    Oh, I agree with you, Xena. And though it's debatable if smoking is a "right," as an ex-smoker I feel for my old peeps who can't light up outdoors in some places.

You could go down this road with guns, too (not my issue, but you could).

Sticky wicket. Anyway, didn't mean to go off topic. Carry on.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Michael Moore is a putz......and a dangerous one......he should have been a politician......

Cathy J. Guest
    This is one area I doubt anyone should worry about. For example smoking in a public place is a health issue. Second hand smoke has been proven to be very dangerous and really does anyone want to go back to the day of seeing a middle age woman puffing away while shopping for clothes at Sears?

But for the "big" issues like abortion or gay rights, doubt they would change reguardless who wins in November. If South Dakota couldn't ban abortions or some very rural Tennessee county ( and just one county at that ) couldn't ban gay people from living there, no matter who wins in November I just don't believe would make that much of a difference.

Those who will win may want change..but chances are it will be the same old song and dance.

IrishBabe Guest

Okay, calm down now, folks. Hitler? Seriously?

The difference between here and Nazi Germany is that we have what is known as CHECKS AND BALANCES in our government. No one branch is more powerful than another.

And besides all that, the Congress is most likely going to be veto-proof, if the Dems get their way and win more seats.

So when things go to hell, who are we going to blame then?

Oh, and PS....the President cannot overturn Roe v. Wade, so what makes anyone think the VP can?

xenaswolf Guest
    History repeats itself. And anyone that believes it can't happen again, well I hope like hell they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post

The difference between here and Nazi Germany is that we have what is known as CHECKS AND BALANCES in our government. No one branch is more powerful than another.

And besides all that, the Congress is most likely going to be veto-proof, if the Dems get their way and win more seats.

Oh, and PS....the President cannot overturn Roe v. Wade, so what makes anyone think the VP can?

IrishBabe Guest
    History repeats itself. And anyone that believes it can't happen again, well I hope like hell they are right.

Oh, I've never said that.

But I desperately believe that we are too smart and strong for that to happen here.

We've successfully executed revolution before...we could certainly do it again.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I never said the pres. or Vp could overturn Roe vs Wade.....but the pres does have the power to appoint the Chief Justices that can and both McCain & Palin are pro-life.....granted they have a lifetime seat ( which I think is BS ) but who knows who will die in the next pres term( Chief Justices , that is )........the vote of the Supreme Court has always been partisan too......stricter abortion laws could be on the horizon though, altough most states deal with that in their own way......my point was, that these women who are voting for McCain because their pissed off at Obama may have reason to regret that in the long run.....they`ll pitch a bitch.......it`s hyprocrisy at it`s best.........you vote what you believe, not on gender......like I said, should get interesting......

Noelle Page Guest
    Yeah, you know, now that Molly points it out, there will indeed be new Supreme Court appointments soon and a few big battles coming. So of course, we should all think carefully about the substance of our votes.

Though I would add that McCain prides himself on being able to work bipartisan wonders.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 08-31-2008 at 11:55 AM.

MandyLynn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post

This is what I have been saynig all along... No one person is "in charge" around here, we are a democracy and not a system where a king, emporer, what have you, rules entirely.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Yeah, you know, now that Molly points it out, there will indeed be new Supreme Court appointments soon and a few big battles coming. So of course, we should all think carefully about the substance of our votes.

Thanks sweetie......that`s all I meant.....you just said it quicker......I could give a fig less who the Hillary girls are going for......I just don`t wanna hear them bitch later.......

pattykad Guest
    I think this has gotten pretty off-topic but I found the original
    post really interesting. What if she really wasn't pregnant?

Surely, the Enquirer will be all over this.

Xenawolf....I'm working on you .....you gotta vote !

MorbidMolly Guest
    I don`t think it`s gotten off topic at all........everyone is weighing the pros and cons of Palin.......that has a lot more to with her, than a pregnancy.........( well maybe a little off topic here and there.... )

pattykad Guest
    Okay, so if it is her baby, and she started losing amniotic fluid but
    continued on with things, including taking an 8 hour flight (!) that
    is some crazy judgment. Not to mention that if she was upfront
    with the airline they would have never let her flown in that
    late stage.

Noelle Page Guest
    Yeah, I'd like to see the pregnancy rumors addressed as well. Hmmmm.....

But do consider the source. Just as there is some pretty nasty stuff floating around on Obama.

The internet is being used in this battle like never before.

deathybrad Guest
    I like Michal Moore and I'm an old time liberal and I'm not going to apologize.

People need to have some guts, if you don't know who you are voting for or why then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. It's like no one believes strongly in anything.

pattykad Guest
    I like Michael Moore too.....I think he does care about the little
    people. Roger and Me was pretty heartbreaking. The comment
    about the hurricane was a joke. Not funny but he didn't mean
    anything by it.

deathybrad Guest
    Mike isn't running for office and he doesn't have to sugar coat anything. No one would wish harm upon the people in the way of Gustav.

Sampiro Guest

What's your take on the "Sarah Palin: son or grandson?" blog speculation?

Daily Kos has the most detailed (if unproven and totally speculative) treatment: Sarah Palin is NOT the Mother (Photos plus Video)

The nutshell version is this: that Palin (who is very anti-abortion) told nobody she was pregnant until her third trimester, by which time her daughter Bristol dropped out of school for several months due to "mono". During what would have been her 6th month Palin went for an exhausting hike, saying the comment on this poster-

In pics taken during the third trimester, Palin does not look pregnant while her teenaged daughter does:

Then there are other oddities (such as the convoluted story of the child's birth- Palin giving a keynote address and taking an 8 hour flight and long car ride all after her water supposedly broke).

OTOH, nothing is proven and she'd have to be the biggest damned fool on Earth to think she could get away with such a stunt when she's going to be the most investigated woman in the country this week.

Still, it's gained enough currency she's going to have to speak to the issue probably.

So any thoughts?

cachluv Guest
    Sunday, August 31st 2008

Dear Maury, Your Assistance Is Needed

Everybody and their pet fish has been e-mailing me this story, so obviously that's a sign that I must post it. This is basically some Bree Van de Kamp shit. Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, the chick who is running as McCain's VP, is being accused of faking one of her pregnancies. The Daily Kos thinks Sarah's teenage daughter, Bristol, is the real mother of Trig Paxton Van Palin.

Yes, Bristol and Trig. Sarah also has three other kids named Track, Willow and Piper. I think they were named after Pottery Barn candle scents.

Anydrama, the rumor is that Sarah, a pro-lifer, pretended to be pregnant while her then 16-year-old daughter was the one who was really carrying baby Trig. Escandalo! Here's some of the shit the Daily Kos is claiming:
    In March, Sarah told everyone she was 7-months pregnant. Everyone including her staff said they were shocked to find out, because she didn't look pregnant to them. They also said she's always been thin, because she's a runner or some shit.
    Sarah's 16-year-old daughter Bristol was taken out of her high school for 5 to 8 months. The high school was told Bristol had mono.
    While attending some Republican convention in Texas, Sarah began leaking amniotic fluid one month before her due date. She didn't check into the hospital. She gave her speech and then got on an 8-hour flight back to Alaska.
    Sarah gave birth in a hospital 45-minutes from the airport. Trig, who was born with Down Syndrome, was one month premature. Sarah was back to work 3 days later.
    I left out of a ton of details. Visit here, here and here if you give an eff. On the other side, there are a few pictures with Sarah sort of looking knocked up. Gawker also has a post claiming Bristol was in a car accident when she would have been seven months pregnant. The dude involved in the accident with Bristol said she "really didn't look pregnant," but he wasn't really staring at her belly.

I'm so confused. Maybe I'm the one who gave birth to baby Trig. Shit, maybe I'm the father. Maury! Please help us! It's the only way we can solve any of this. Bring them all on a very special episode of "The Maury Povich" show. I want Cindy McCain to read the DNA results though. That's if she can read it through her Vicodin haze. I also want Tina Fey and Megan Mullally to appear on the episode just so I can see them next to Sarah Palin.

lisalouver Guest
    I apologize because I have not read this whole thread.

I am a tree hugger, so I got a strike against me as it is, but I guess I don't have too much against Sara, I don't think she is pretty though. She might have been in her younger years, but her age is showing.

One of my closest friends has a Downs child and I just do not see the logic in leaving a 4 month old Downs child home while you are off trying to be VP.

She also "hid" her pregnancy with him until she was over 7 months along.

Either way, she will be in my town (or already is) because the RNC starts here tomorrow.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    I like Michael Moore too.....I think he does care about the little
    people. Roger and Me was pretty heartbreaking. The comment
    about the hurricane was a joke. Not funny but he didn't mean
    anything by it.
    Hmmmm....no of course he doesn't directly wish pain on the people of Norlins, but there's no doubt he'd be gleeful if it effed up the repubs. It slipped out, and he did mean something by it.

Funnily enough, my husband and I met him ages ago, in the Roger and Me days. We were thrilled to shake his hand. Now, not so much. But hey, to each his/her own.

Back to Palin, she is going to have to address this rumor. After what Edwards thought he could get away with, anything is possible.

lisalouver Guest
    The story of her daughter being the mother of the new baby doesnt fit.

I have yet to hear of a teenager having a Downs Syndrome child, although I am sure it has happened.

Women in their 30's and beyond are candidates for Downs children.

In that picture, the daughter in question has a gut, not a pregnancy.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I don`t know.......it seems more plausible to me that it`s Palin`s baby and not her daughter`s........you are at a much higher risk of having a Downs baby the older you get.........doesn`t mean it doesn`t happen to younger women, but I find it odd in one so young ( her daughter ).......guess time will tell.......don`t really see how it has a baring on her running though.......I know they ( the pundits ) love to sacrifice candidates at their altar of shame, but I could care less......if it is her daughter`s baby, it`s really nobody`s damn business........like a lot of other things I`ve heard from both sides.......

cachluv Guest
    Critics: Palin used 'Bridge to Nowhere' for gain

By MARY PEMBERTON, Associated Press Writer 21 minutes ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin was for the so-called infamous "Bridge to Nowhere" before she was against it, a change of position the GOP vice presidential running mate conveniently ignored Saturday when she bragged about telling Congress "thanks but no thanks" to the pork barrel project.

Federal funds for the $398 million bridge were tacked into an appropriations bill as an earmark, the practice by which members of Congress get special funding for pet projects. Sen. John McCain opposes earmarks as an avenue for pork barrel and special interest spending.
    After McCain introduced her as his choice for vice president on the Republican ticket, Palin talked about her reform credentials, and said she stopped the bridge project as part of an effort to end of earmarking in appropriations bills.
    The Alaska bridge pushed by Sen. Ted Stevens became a symbol of congressional misuse of tax dollars. It would have connected the town of Ketchikan to an island with 50 residents and an airport on it. Ferries and water taxis serve the island now.
    "I have championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress," Palin said in her vice presidential campaign debut in Dayton, Ohio. "In fact, I told Congress, I told Congress 'thanks but no thanks' on that Bridge to Nowhere."
    "If our state wanted a bridge, I said we'd build it ourselves," she said.
    She didn't talk that way when she was running for governor. The Anchorage Daily News quoted her on Oct. 22, 2006, as saying yes, she would continue state funding for the bridge because she wanted swift action on infrastructure projects. "The window is now while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist," she said.
    McCain has used the Alaska bridge as a case study in what's wrong with the way Congress spends money. After the Ketchikan bridge became an issue and an object of ridicule, Congress dropped the earmark.
    Andrew Halcro ran against Palin in the 2006 governor's race, receiving the third most voters, and remains a critic. In his blog and Web site, Halcro raised the bridge issue, saying Palin changed her position for political purposes.
    Political flip-flops are a mainstay of presidential politics. One of the most famous examples is John Kerry's explanation for opposing and then favoring an $87 billion Iraq funding bill during the 2004 presidential campaign. "I actually did vote for the $87 billion," he said, "before I voted against it."
    According to the Ketchikan Daily News, the bridge issue came up on Sept. 20, 2006, during an appearance the gubernatorial candidates made in Ketchikan.
    "The money that's been appropriated for the project, it should remain available for a link, an access process as we continue to evaluate the scope and just how best to just get this done," the newspaper quoted Palin as saying. "This link is a commitment to help Ketchikan expand its access, to help this community prosper."
    The newspaper also reported that she said "I think we're going to make a good team as we progress that bridge project."
    The bridge issue dates back several years. Former Republican Gov. Frank Murkowski, who had been an Alaska senator, wanted it built. Stevens and Rep. Don Young, pushed the project through Congress, securing $452 million in a federal transportation bill for two bridges â?? the one in Ketchikan and another in Anchorage.
    With criticism over earmarks increasing, Congress stripped the provision from the bill, requiring instead that some of the money be used for an airport. Alaska eventually received about half the money. Murkowski and the Legislature redirected all of the money but $60 million in 2006, and Palin has left the remainder untouched to eventually be used to improve access to the island, Palin spokeswoman Sharon Leighow said Sunday.
    Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein, who campaigned for Palin's Democratic opponent, said he was there at the candidate forum when "she was asked about the bridge and she supported it."
    Bill McAllister, Palin's press secretary, questioned how she could have used the scuttled bridge project to promote herself in national politics when she got there a week ago as McCain's unexpected choice for the ticket. "How could she have foreseen that she would be at this point now? Everybody is surprised by this development," McAllister said.

McAllister, who covered the 2006 campaign as a TV reporter, said Palin was lukewarm about the bridge as a candidate and cooled on it as governor. "Of course when you become governor things come into much sharper focus than when you are a candidate," he said. "Then she is forced to pay very close attention to the fiscal realities of it."

Palin under ethics investigation in her home state.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/was..._facing_e.html

IrishBabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post

That's more smoke and mirrors, she has welcomed that investigation.

To lighten things up a bit (not that they are bad) - I enjoyed this...

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt

Biden and Obama campaigned in Ohio Sunday.

TOLEDO, Ohio (CNN) – Joe Biden says there are obvious differences between himself and fellow vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, but they’re not just on policy. She’s good-looking.
    “There’s a gigantic difference between John McCain and Barack Obama and between me and I suspect my vice presidential opponent,” Biden said at an outdoor rally Sunday, getting ready to hit the GOP ticket for their economic policies.
    “She’s good-looking,” he quipped.
    “You are gorgeous!” a female supporter in the audience shouted out. Biden asked her to repeat it into the microphone so his wife at home would hear.
    “I haven’t heard that in a long, long, long time,” Biden said as the audience laughed. “Being around this lean young-looking guy is making me feel pretty old, you know what I mean? I thought I was in pretty good shape until I hung out with this guy.”
    At the rooftop rally, both Biden and Obama commented on Palin for the first time without prompting from reporters. Obama joked he’s now considering going to Palin’s home state of Alaska – the only state he says he hasn’t visited – but chose to focus his comments on her position on equal pay for women.
    “John McCain’s new VP nominee seems like a very engaging person, a nice person. But I’ve got to say, she’s opposed - like John McCain is - to equal pay for equal work. That doesn’t make much sense to me.”
    Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella called Obama's comments a disgrace and "an absurd accusation."
    Obama later made sure his running mate realizes he's good-looking as well.
    “You see, she thinks you’re gorgeous too Joe,” said Obama. “Jill goes back home and look what happens!”
    “This is worth the run,” responded Biden.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post

I heard about this too.

Jaxxx Guest
    OMG, you either vote for her or against, I'm not going to sling mud in any direction, though, there's mud on all sides,

Who would you want to go up against this guy - Palin or Obama ??

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4647337.ece

Seagorath Guest
    Palin is Dick Cheney with a vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    I'm really not effected by the experience factor, how many children she has or the ethics investigation. She is by definition a Christian conservative. If you agree with that take on the issues, them she's your candidate. I don't understand how people are really on the fence on the candidates. They represent very different directions which they believe the country should go.

She does not believe that global warming is man-made. I don't feel this way and am troubled that we could conceivably have a President that feels this way(again). For myself the debate on this has been over for a while and that this is inarguably the most pressing issure we will face in our lives. I imo believe that we really need pro-active leadership on environmental issues, energy issues, etc. . Its not personal, its about issues.
    Word.

Exactly what you said. I would also add, for myself, I would prefer a candidate who has less conservative views on gun control and abortion, too.

Noelle Page Guest
    Michael is right, you sorta have to pick your key issue and go with that. Even if you don't like the whole package.

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    now if the story is somehow true- so what.............. that's between her, her husband and her daughter.

---Actually, it's not. All political candidates know that they basically, in essence, have no privacy. Especially the presidential candidates: they have to submit their tax records, bank records, health records, etc. for review. If there is dirt they are asked to disclose it early on to their advisors so they will know how to angle and/or handle it if/when it's dug up. It's not like you or me with this rumor nonsense, these people are elected high-ranking public officials and yes, if she did lie about her kid having a baby, it's not illegal but it could be of interest to people to know that she lied and will hide things to suit her own needs.

I have to hand it to her, she's surely set a record with how many scandals and rumors she's racked up in what, 72 hours of being chosen to run as VP?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    Ahhh. More jealousy!!! LOL

---I am glad that is a joke. It seems like so many zealots here think if you don't like a celebrity then you are jealous of them in some way, which would be a ridiculous thing to say. For example, I hate Don Rickles and I certainly am not jealous of him. Glad that was a joke and it was indeed funny

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I like Michal Moore and I'm an old time liberal and I'm not going to apologize.
    People need to have some guts, if you don't know who you are voting for or why then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. It's like no one believes strongly in anything.
    Mike isn't running for office and he doesn't have to sugar coat anything. No one would wish harm upon the people in the way of Gustav.

---A-friggin-men, brother. I like him too. He isn't afraid to put it out there and let YOU decide. And no, he was not making a joke about the victims, past nor future, of any hurricane or catastrophic event. He was joking about the RNC.

People do need to have some guts and believe in things again. Apathy serves no one, except the people who only want to grumble about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Palin is Dick Cheney with a vagina.
    ---Wweeeee that was funny!

I find it curious that so many people seem to think their vote is to be "against" one party as opposed to "for" another party. Still, a vote is a vote and I don't care what anyone tells me, ALL votes are needed, and they count.
    Last edited by cachluv; 09-01-2008 at 06:25 AM.

IrishBabe Guest
    Forwarded to me by my cousin, who lives in Alaska:

Sarah Palin, 8 months pregnant with Trig:

And BTW...this story was going around Alaska a bit, but was generally accepted to have been started by her political opponents. It's hogwash.

cachluv Guest
    Chick looks awfully pregnant to me........

deathybrad Guest
    No one could tell? She must not get seen by the public much.

pattykad Guest
    Okay, so if she was pregnant, then getting on an 8 hour flight when
    you are leaking amniotic fluid is piss poor judgment don't you think??
    I know someone who's baby ended up with CP and other awful
    things because her mother was "too busy" to go to the doctor when
    she was leaking.

Okay, off to St Paul to peach march!

That Pottery Barn candle scent is hilarious!

deathybrad Guest
    I thought exactly that. Apparently she gave a speech after her water broke and then flew home. I'm not a woman but I can't imagine doing that. Water breaks? See ya later, more important things to do.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    Okay, so if she was pregnant, then getting on an 8 hour flight when
    you are leaking amniotic fluid is piss poor judgment don't you think??
    I know someone who's baby ended up with CP and other awful
    things because her mother was "too busy" to go to the doctor when
    she was leaking.

Okay, off to St Paul to peach march!

That Pottery Barn candle scent is hilarious!

For real.........I wasn`t even allowed to fly after 5 months, because of a problem pregnancy........hell, I was scared shitless and did everything the doc told me........piss poor judgement would be an understatement......

Seagorath Guest

Danny62 Guest
    I think she is a sucker, who else can't figure out the only reason she was picked is to try to steal the Hillary votes...doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Yeah when ole John croaks she has sooooo much experiences in world affairs...something he bashed Obama about!

Sampiro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I'd love a T-shirt and bumper sticker of that.

This just in...

Republicans-Palin-Daughter
    INDEX:International, Politics
    McCain's running mate Palin says unmarried daughter is pregnantST. PAUL, Minn. - Sarah and Todd Palin say their 17-year-old unmarried daughter is pregnant.
    The couple said in a statement released by John McCain's presidential campaign that Bristol will keep her baby.
    Sarah Palin is McCain's vice-presidential running mate.
    The Alaska governor says Bristol intends to marry the father of her child.
    She and the campaign also are asking that the media respect the family's privacy on this matter.
    (The Associated Press)
    12:22ET 01-09-08

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    This just in...

McCain's running mate Palin says unmarried daughter is pregnantST. PAUL, Minn. - Sarah and Todd Palin say their 17-year-old unmarried daughter is pregnant.
    The couple said in a statement released by John McCain's presidential campaign that Bristol will keep her baby.
    She and the campaign also are asking that the media respect the family's privacy on this matter.
    (The Associated Press)
    Just heard that on our news here (I live in Saint Paul) thanks for the update duster!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    This just in...

(The Associated Press)
    Too young, I don't envy the problems for the family. Hard thing.