View Poll Results: Will SP' s ass get a mile wide from supporting Chik-Fil-A?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I will be able to see it from my house.

17 65.38%
  • No - That is all.

9 34.62%
Page 1 of 87 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert

Tugboat25 Guest
    Oh man, you link DailyKos.

Before you buy into that, consider the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Oh man, you link DailyKos.

Before you buy into that, consider the source.
    Are they fulla Poo on that site?? I have never been to that site so it got me thinking. If they are, well that didn't take em long to cook up some BS.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    Are they fulla Poo on that site?? I have never been to that site so it got me thinking. If they are, well that didn't take em long to cook up some BS.
    Ok, I want to say this tactfully (because I respect people's opinions), however, the Daily Kos is a rather well known extremist website. It is hardcore leftist.
    I'm just putting it out there.

I'm not voting for any of them, but I'll just say McCain pretty much killed his chances for Prez by picking her...JMO

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I'm not voting for any of them, but I'll just say McCain pretty much killed his chances for Prez by picking her...JMO
    Oh, I completely disagree. I think he very much enhanced his chances..a lot.

if the extreme left keep up their sexist attacks on this woman, it may just piss off enough women to get McCain elected.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    if the extreme left keep up their sexist attacks on this woman, it may just piss off enough women to get McCain elected.
    Well so far, I understand that she is "too pretty".
    She has bad hair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Oh, I completely disagree. I think he very much enhanced his chances..a lot.
    I guess we'll see. Like I said, I could careless about either of them and basically forgoing my right to vote this election. I bet some woman from 100 years ago is probably rolling in her grave right now because of me not voting and is pissed because she wasn't allowed to in her day...sorry.

here is John Roberts of CNN basically saying that Palin should stay home and look after her kids !! he would never say that about a man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j891jGT_4_8

MandyLynn Guest
    I'd like to offer this. I am not small, I am not large. I am what you would refer to as normal, average. I am a size 10 currently and when I was preg with my first child I wore a size 8 pants until I hit 8 months. No one other than very close friends and my family knew I was preg until I was very far along, like almost ready to birth. Esp people I worked with bc they talk crap. The same happened with my daughter. I looked extremely small until the day I delivered and then I swoll up. My daughter was 8 pounds 2 oz and my son was 5 pounds 9 oz and a month early. It happens. Im just sayin is all.

MandyLynn Guest
    And McCain's standings at last poll is 2 full pts ahead of Obama. Im still sayin is all

my jury is out on her. i want to see her in the debates against Biden, then i'll make up my mind.

but I think she looks better than Hillary, eh?? jmo....
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

I think she's the perfect choice!! I never really thought that gender made that much of a difference to me, but hearing her speak last night really impressed me more than I thought it would. I can't wait for her debate against Biden. I never usually even watch the Veep debate, but I wouldn't miss this one for anything!!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by blondemafia76 View Post
    I'd like to offer this. I am not small, I am not large. I am what you would refer to as normal, average. I am a size 10 currently and when I was preg with my first child I wore a size 8 pants until I hit 8 months. No one other than very close friends and my family knew I was preg until I was very far along, like almost ready to birth. Esp people I worked with bc they talk crap. The same happened with my daughter. I looked extremely small until the day I delivered and then I swoll up. My daughter was 8 pounds 2 oz and my son was 5 pounds 9 oz and a month early. It happens. Im just sayin is all.
    I'm a little bit confused about how this is relevant?
    Minerva

Forever-27 Guest
    I like this woman, shes a normal person, soccer mom and only is positive for mccain. I seriously hope obama loses this thing. If he wins we are in deep trouble and saras being mccain being her running mate will only help to ensure obama dosent get into office.

Im sure the watered down democratic news outlets like CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC are as I type this digging up dirt on sarah , I disagree with her abortion views but still if she is what keeps obama out of office ill take one for the team and vote McCain

Quote Originally Posted by forever-27 View Post
    i like this woman, shes a normal person, soccer mom and only is positive for mccain. I seriously hope obama loses this thing. If he wins we are in deep trouble and saras being mccain being her running mate will only help to ensure obama dosent get into office.

Im sure the watered down democratic news outlets like cnn, nbc, cbs and abc are as i type this digging up dirt on sarah , i disagree with her abortion views but still if she is what keeps obama out of office ill take one for the team and vote mccain
    amen!
    Minerva

Vamp Guest
    I admit to liking what I see about her. She comes off as natural, straight shooting and likeable. I think she is very pretty in a Lorainne Bracco, Dr. Melfi kind of way. Her husband is extremely handsome.

michael d Guest
    I'm really not effected by the experience factor, how many children she has or the ethics investigation. She is by definition a Christian conservative. If you agree with that take on the issues, them she's your candidate. I don't understand how people are really on the fence on the candidates. They represent very different directions which they believe the country should go.

She does not believe that global warming is man-made. I don't feel this way and am troubled that we could conceivably have a President that feels this way(again). For myself the debate on this has been over for a while and that this is inarguably the most pressing issure we will face in our lives. I imo believe that we really need pro-active leadership on environmental issues, energy issues, etc. . Its not personal, its about issues.
    Last edited by michael d; 08-30-2008 at 06:23 PM.

As an economics major, I completed some basic research:

1978 under Jimmy Carter:
    unemployment rate: 12%
    inflation rate: 11%
    Fed interest rate 21%

2008 under Bush

unemployment rate: 5.15
    inflation rate: 3.2
    Fed interest rate: 2.0

I am old enough to remember the 70's, they were alot worse economically. I have this fear that Obama's first term will be Carter's second term.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    I think she's the perfect choice!! I never really thought that gender made that much of a difference to me, but hearing her speak last night really impressed me more than I thought it would. I can't wait for her debate against Biden. I never usually even watch the Veep debate, but I wouldn't miss this one for anything!!

I think she's awesome and got me excited about the election.
    It's interesting all the wild rumors and stupid speculation that's popped up in the past 24 hours. Biden has an amazing tightrope to walk in the debates, he wants to get his points across but not look like a good old boy (with a bad hairdo)
    The one argument that isn't going to wash is the "lack of experience" thing. um- what job did Bill Clinton have before being elected President?

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blondemafia76

Because the link was making a huge deal out of her not showing while preggers.

1978 under Jimmy Carter:
    Fed interest rate 21%

2008 under Bush

I am old enough to remember the 70's, they were alot worse economically. I have this fear that Obama's first term will be Carter's second term.
    I thought it was bad already? Gas prices up, cost of food, people losing their jobs, people losing their homes? I'm not dreaming am I? Someone pinch me please!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    I'm really not effected by the experience factor or the ethics investigation. She is a Christian conservative. If you agree with that take on the issues, them she's your candidate. I don't understand how people are really on the fence on the candidates. They represent very different options which they believe the country should go.

She does not believe that global warming is man-made. I don't feel this way and am troubled that we could conceivably have a President that feels this way(again). For myself the debate on this has been over for a while and that this is inarguably the most pressing issure we will face in our lives. I imo believe that we really need pro-active leadership on environmental issues, energy issues, etc. . Its not personal, its spelled out.

Yes, exactly......she isn`t my choice, but then again neither was Hillary.......both for different reasons.......I could give a fig less if her Uncle is her son, makes no nevermind to me.......vote your conscience......I`m not gonna get into a cheerleading routine and tell everyone why I`m voting Obama.....those choices are personal......and I`m not gonna dissect, every " he said, she said " barb, whether it comes from the pundits, or elsewhere.....in the end I can make up my own mind without knocking McCain or what he believes in.......if someone changes their vote because of something posted on a Forum, this country is truly in more trouble than I thought.......and that`s just MY opinion.....carry on

xenaswolf Guest
    Ok I'm not sure where to find the numbers, but how many wars were we in under Carter? I can think of 1 each for the Bush boys.

1978 under Jimmy Carter:
    Fed interest rate 21%

2008 under Bush

Guest Guest
    now if the story is somehow true- so what.............. that's between her, her husband and her daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    I think she's awesome and got me excited about the election.
    It's interesting all the wild rumors and stupid speculation that's popped up in the past 24 hours. Biden has an amazing tightrope to walk in the debates, he wants to get his points across but not look like a good old boy (with a bad hairdo)
    The one argument that isn't going to wash is the "lack of experience" thing. um- what job did Bill Clinton have before being elected President?
    I think that more of this feel this way on this forum that are willing to come out and say!! I'm glad that you did!!! For the Obama camp to come out and try and attack McCain's statements that Obama doesn't have the experience and then try to put the same thing off on Palin fall flat. First of all, as I've said on another forum, let's say that McCain gets elected and doesn't survive past the first three years of his presidency and Palin takes over. She's got three years of Vice Presidential experience, PLUS the executive experience of being both a mayor and governor. That's a LOT of experience that she would bring to the table. Obama wants us to believe that with his very limited experience of being a senator for a few years that he's ready on DAY ONE to do the job??? I think not! So, people need to remember that she's young, but she's the ONLY one on the entire ticket for BOTH SIDES that has any executive experience at all. Obama needs to be careful or he'll simply prove that even McCain's Veep choice has more experience than he does NOW!
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    Because the link was making a huge deal out of her not showing while preggers.
    Ahhh. More jealousy!!! LOL
    Minerva

MorbidMolly Guest
    I think that more of this feel this way on this forum that are willing to come out and say!! I'm glad that you did!!! For the Obama camp to come out and try and attack McCain's statements that Obama doesn't have the experience and then try to put the same thing off on Palin fall flat. First of all, as I've said on another forum, let's say that McCain gets elected and doesn't survive past the first three years of his presidency and Palin takes over. She's got three years of Vice Presidential experience, PLUS the executive experience of being both a mayor and governor. That's a LOT of experience that she would bring to the table. Obama wants us to believe that with his very limited experience of being a senator for a few years that he's ready on DAY ONE to do the job??? I think not! So, people need to remember that she's young, but she's the ONLY one on the entire ticket for BOTH SIDES that has any executive experience at all. Obama needs to be careful or he'll simply prove that even McCain's Veep choice has more experience than he does NOW!

I`m not trying to be contentious, but that is a truly scary post....he doesn`t survive past the first 3 years......what a horrible thought, no matter who`s president......and then to deem that worthy because Palin would have more experience......you almost sounded joyous about that......and we`ve done quite well, I think, on the presidental thread without truly slinging mud at each other`s candidates........I was hoping it would be that way on this one......oh, well

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    I`m not trying to be contentious, but that is a truly scary post....he doesn`t survive past the first 3 years......what a horrible thought, no matter who`s president......and then to deem that worthy because Palin would have more experience......you almost sounded joyous about that......and we`ve done quite well, I think, on the presidental thread without truly slinging mud at each other`s candidates........I was hoping it would be that way on this one......oh, well
    Quite the contrary Molly. My post was simply the answer to the Obama camp speculating that Palin isn't ready to be President from day one. I'm saying that she doesn't need to be President from day one and that chances are she won't have to be. Obama, on the other hand, thinks that he IS ready to be President from day ONE and clearly, that's not the case. I hope that McCain is not only elected, but finishes his run as President and beyond!!!
    Minerva

You know who she reminds me of??

Megan Mullally

Future VP

Si' O No?? LOL
    And yes, her hubby is nice lookin. I agree that there are some women that don't pop till they are pretty much crowning. My cousin was like that.

kafenervosa Guest
    I didn't read any mud slinging in Neoncandy's post. It is true that if something happens to the president the VP is in charge. Many people on this forum have commented about how important the VP choice would be this year because of McCain's age and because there are nut jobs out there who would like to assassinate Obama (three were already caught trying to do just that).

It is so nice to come on a forum, view a political thread and actually feel free to truthfully comment without being stomped to the ground for posting. FAD has outstanding forum members.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quite the contrary Molly. My post was simply the answer to the Obama camp speculating that Palin isn't ready to be President from day one. I'm saying that she doesn't need to be President from day one and that chances are she won't have to be. Obama, on the other hand, thinks that he IS ready to be President from day ONE and clearly, that's not the case. I hope that McCain is not only elected, but finishes his run as President and beyond!!!

Maybe I`m confused, but I don`t see the " Obama Camp " as you put it saying anything of the sort on this thread......maybe I missed that......I was hoping to learn more about the lady, not be told why Obama shouldn`t be president.......

Maybe I`m confused, but I don`t see the " Obama Camp " as you put it saying anything of the sort on this thread......maybe I missed that......I was hoping to learn more about the lady, not be told why Obama shouldn`t be president.......
    Molly, as far as I know, the Obama camp (which is his staff and his speakers) don't post on this forum. I'm not sure why you've got your knickers in a twist, but I assure you that I come in peace!!!
    Minerva

GravesEnd Guest
    I applaud the fact that a woman was chosen to be V.P. However, that alone does not make her a clear choice. The bottom line with me is where she stands on the issues. I find this article disturbing about Sarah Palin.

A few hours ago, the news broke that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has been selected by Sen. John McCain as the vice presidential candidate for the Republican ticket.

As a Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund supporter, you are no doubt aware of Governor Palin??s dismal record, from her staunch support for special interests and Big Oil to her terrible assault on wolves and other wildlife.

As much of the nation wonders just who Sarah Palin is, I wanted to pass along my statement that I've just released.

WASHINGTON-- Senator John McCain just announced his choice for running mate: Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska. To follow is a statement by Rodger Schlickeisen, president of Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund.

??Senator McCain??s choice for a running mate is beyond belief. By choosing Sarah Palin, McCain has clearly made a decision to continue the Bush legacy of destructive environmental policies.

??Sarah Palin, whose husband works for BP (formerly British Petroleum), has repeatedly put special interests first when it comes to the environment. In her scant two years as governor, she has lobbied aggressively to open up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling, pushed for more drilling off of Alaska??s coasts, and put special interests above science. Ms. Palin has made it clear through her actions that she is unwilling to do even as much as the Bush administration to address the impacts of global warming. Her most recent effort has been to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to remove the polar bear from the endangered species list, putting Big Oil before sound science. As unbelievable as this may sound, this actually puts her to the right of the Bush administration.

??This is Senator McCain??s first significant choice in building his executive team and it??s a bad one. It has to raise serious doubts in the minds of voters about John McCain??s commitment to conservation, to addressing the impacts of global warming and to ensuring our country ends its dependency on oil.?

Quote Originally Posted by kafenervosa View Post
    I didn't read any mud slinging in Neoncandy's post. It is true that if something happens to the president the VP is in charge. Many people on this forum have commented about how important the VP choice would be this year because of McCain's age and because there are nut jobs out there who would like to assassinate Obama (three were already caught trying to do just that).

It is so nice to come on a forum, view a political thread and actually feel free to truthfully comment without being stomped to the ground for posting. FAD has outstanding forum members.

Thank you!! I appreciate it.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    I applaud the fact that a woman was chosen to be V.P. However, that alone does not make her a clear choice. The bottom line with me is where she stands on the issues. I find this article disturbing about Sarah Palin.

A few hours ago, the news broke that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has been selected by Sen. John McCain as the vice presidential candidate for the Republican ticket.

As a Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund supporter, you are no doubt aware of Governor Palin??s dismal record, from her staunch support for special interests and Big Oil to her terrible assault on wolves and other wildlife.

As much of the nation wonders just who Sarah Palin is, I wanted to pass along my statement that I've just released.

WASHINGTON-- Senator John McCain just announced his choice for running mate: Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska. To follow is a statement by Rodger Schlickeisen, president of Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund.

??Senator McCain??s choice for a running mate is beyond belief. By choosing Sarah Palin, McCain has clearly made a decision to continue the Bush legacy of destructive environmental policies.

??Sarah Palin, whose husband works for BP (formerly British Petroleum), has repeatedly put special interests first when it comes to the environment. In her scant two years as governor, she has lobbied aggressively to open up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling, pushed for more drilling off of Alaska??s coasts, and put special interests above science. Ms. Palin has made it clear through her actions that she is unwilling to do even as much as the Bush administration to address the impacts of global warming. Her most recent effort has been to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to remove the polar bear from the endangered species list, putting Big Oil before sound science. As unbelievable as this may sound, this actually puts her to the right of the Bush administration.

??This is Senator McCain??s first significant choice in building his executive team and it??s a bad one. It has to raise serious doubts in the minds of voters about John McCain??s commitment to conservation, to addressing the impacts of global warming and to ensuring our country ends its dependency on oil.?
    Can you give us a source for your post? For all we know, this could be a liberal wing nut who hasn't a clue what he/she is talking about. Just because its in print don't make it so. From what I've heard about Palin, she's taken on big oil in Alaska.
    Minerva

MorbidMolly Guest
    Molly, as far as I know, the Obama camp (which is his staff and his speakers) don't post on this forum. I'm not sure why you've got your knickers in a twist, but I assure you that I come in peace!!!

My " knickers " as you put are not in a twist........I was truly trying to be sincere, and learn something......forgive me for misunderstanding your meaning on " Obama Camp ".......I think I meantioned that I was confused.......I`m not anymore.......believe me.......peace out

MandyLynn Guest
    never mind, answered.
    Last edited by MandyLynn; 08-30-2008 at 07:11 PM.

michael d Guest
    I think that Graves End is trying to sensibly bring something to the thread. A lot of people try to paint Environmentalist as wackos. She has taken a true conservative stance on her view of environmental issues. Its not mudslinging but part of her belief system. She has clearly questioned and challenged environmentalists in her state.

Forever-27 Guest
    Actually Bush's war in iraq is doing better then ever now. Course the one sided news outlets refuse to show the numbers but the fewest number of war casualities ever is now. Bush's surge is working. I personally back the war effort and am glad McCain sees that he cant just leave iraq. Obama wants to be out of iraq within the first 90s days of his term which I think would be a grave mistake.

My " knickers " as you put are not in a twist........I was truly trying to be sincere, and learn something......forgive me for misunderstanding your meaning on " Obama Camp ".......I think I meantioned that I was confused.......I`m not anymore.......believe me.......peace out
    Didn't mean to upset you. Its all good!!!
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Actually Bush's war in iraq is doing better then ever now. Course the one sided news outlets refuse to show the numbers but the fewest number of war casualities ever is now. Bush's surge is working. I personally back the war effort and am glad McCain sees that he cant just leave iraq. Obama wants to be out of iraq within the first 90s days of his term which I think would be a grave mistake.
    This war should never have happened. However, if Bush had listened to McCain earlier, a lot more lives could have been saved. IMO
    Minerva

michael d Guest
    I don't think that Molly is upset. It seems as if she is trying to have a conversation.

xenaswolf Guest
    Can you give us a source for your post? For all we know, this could be a liberal wing nut who hasn't a clue what he/she is talking about. Just because its in print don't make it so. From what I've heard about Palin, she's taken on big oil in Alaska.

Just google wolf hunts in Alaska. The article above, at least about the wolves is true.

She ok's people to get in planes and fly above packs of wolves and then they shoot them like fish in a barrel.

Vamp Guest
    I didn't support the Iraqi war. At least Pallin, Biden and McCain have had children that went to or will be going to Iraq. They will not being making decisions about the war so lightly. Cheney killed me. He avoided going to 'Nam by getting a PHD but he was the most enthusiastic proponent of the war. Bush hung out with the National Guard and avoided 'Nam. At least McCain knows what it is like to be shot at.

MorbidMolly Guest
    This war should never have happened. However, if Bush had listened to McCain earlier, a lot more lives could have been saved. IMO

THANK YOU.........I truly would have voted for McCain 4 years ago.....he seems so different now........and the number of war dead is staggering if you consider the amount of time we`ve been there.....you can pay to get the actual list from the War Department ( which we do because of so many friends being over there ) and see the numbers......not trying to piss anybody off, so before ya`all jump, know I`m armed with a grilled cheese sammich......and I know how to use it......

MandyLynn Guest
    I back the war totally, but then Im fully vested in it. Even, given that, and all that I have lost, I still support. Its the right thing.
    But this isn't a debate about that. Its about her. That story I think is hogwash, and you know what else... who cares if Hiliary had been chosen, would she not have been. Can't what if your whole life, fact is, Hiliary WASN'T chosen, and Sarah Palin was. It is what it is.

I am SOOOOO looking forward to the debate. I think she's going to wipe the floor with Biden. I'll pop pocorn and bring the beer, who's wants to come. Provided I dont get wiped out by Gustav.....

MandyLynn Guest
    I want grilled cheese... I have cheesy chicken and rice casserole.. wanna share?

kafenervosa Guest
    That did it for me. Not another word to Molly. Those grilled cheese sammiches are DANGEROUS!!!