View Poll Results: Will SP' s ass get a mile wide from supporting Chik-Fil-A?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I will be able to see it from my house.

17 65.38%
  • No - That is all.

9 34.62%
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin

mel306 Guest
    I feel so bad for that daughter now. Her life is under a microscope now just because she made a mistake and the media is gonna want to rip her apart for it.

Noelle Page Guest
    I read this variation on the babygate rumor yesterday. Turned out to be true. Oh well. Not that bad for Palin, I don't think. Better than the other thing. Lots going on in that family for sure!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    I feel so bad for that daughter now. Her life is under a microscope now just because she made a mistake and the media is gonna want to rip her apart for it.
    I also feel bad for her. The first thing people will say is.. how can Palin help run a country when she doesn't even know what is going on in her own house, or somesuch.

I am not a McCain-Palin supporter, but I feel sorry for them having to deal with this while the whole country watches.

lisalouver Guest
    Although I can sympathize with what the daughter might be going through, it really is not the medias problem to worry about. Her mother certainly knew she was pregnant before she accepted McCain's VP spot. Perhaps she should have declined the offer.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I wonder if McCains camp knew about this. Surely they did. They check everything, I would assume.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I wonder if McCains camp knew about this. Surely they did. They check everything, I would assume.
    Yea, I'm guessing they knew.

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Well so far, I understand that she is "too pretty".
    She has bad hair as well.

Bad hair??????? OMG!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    Bad hair??????? OMG!
    I will say that she does sport one of the worst cases of 80's hair I have ever seen.

Mach2 Guest
    I also feel bad for her. The first thing people will say is.. how can Palin help run a country when she doesn't even know what is going on in her own house, or somesuch.

I am not a McCain-Palin supporter, but I feel sorry for them having to deal with this while the whole country watches.
    The media can't bother Palin's daughter because she lives in Alaska and hides in igloos during the daylight months.

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    No one could tell? She must not get seen by the public much.
    No one could believe my mother was pregnant with me until her last two months. Some women do not show until later.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Noelle Page Guest
    Please take this as the puzzled post it's meant to be. Sarah Palin, for me, raises lots of prickly questions for women.

Consider:

Democrats generally are pro-feminist, pro-working moms, pro choice. Ok.

Republicans are generally more for traditional values, stay-at-home moms, anti-abortion. Ok.

So here's Sarah Palin, a busy working mother (to say the least), but with all this family drama going on. You could say she embodies both feminist and traditional values.

Can you have it both ways? If you say no, then you are taking away from her professional achievements and implying mothers should stay home, period. If you say yes, one could argue that perhaps her children are missing out on their mother's full attention, with consequences.

Whatever 'side' you're on, it's kind of a dilemma, isn't it?

GAdeathhag Guest
    her daughter is currently pregnant
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...r-is-pregnant/

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    No one could believe my mother was pregnant with me until her last two months. Some women do not show until later.
    I remember that.

Did you see the picture? She obviously was pregnant.

BTW, I suspect Palin and her husband eloped because she was pregnant, but that's purely my theory.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    This just in...

Republicans-Palin-Daughter
    INDEX:International, Politics
    McCain's running mate Palin says unmarried daughter is pregnantST. PAUL, Minn. - Sarah and Todd Palin say their 17-year-old unmarried daughter is pregnant.
    The couple said in a statement released by John McCain's presidential campaign that Bristol will keep her baby.
    Sarah Palin is McCain's vice-presidential running mate.
    The Alaska governor says Bristol intends to marry the father of her child.
    She and the campaign also are asking that the media respect the family's privacy on this matter.
    (The Associated Press)
    12:22ET 01-09-08

WOWEE ZONKERS...........wonder how that will play to the Christian Conservatives that have all but run to support McCain........like I said before, I could care less......just like I didn`t care when Clinton got a BJ in Office ( literally )........but as Cach has stated, you better be ready for the barage of scrutiny if your in the polictical eye......

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    WOWEE ZONKERS...........wonder how that will play to the Christian Conservatives that have all but run to support McCain........like I said before, I could care less......just like I didn`t care when Clinton got a BJ in Office ( literally )........but as Cach has stated, you better be ready for the barage of scrutiny if your in the polictical eye......
    This could actually rack up some high marks due to the fact she didn't choose an abortion...... I'm just sayin'

Noelle Page Guest
    Like it or not (and I don't, particularly), this will make her more relatable to many.

cachluv Guest
    "All political candidates know that they basically, in essence, have no privacy. Especially the presidential candidates: they have to submit their tax records, bank records, health records, etc. for review. If there is dirt they are asked to disclose it early on to their advisors so they will know how to angle and/or handle it if/when it's dug up. It's not like you or me with this rumor nonsense, these people are elected high-ranking public officials and yes, if she did lie about her kid having a baby or about anything else at all, it's not illegal but it could be of interest to people to know that she lied and will hide things to suit her own needs.

I have to hand it to her, she's surely set a record with how many scandals and rumors she's racked up in what, 72 hours of being chosen to run as VP?"

---And also, McCain himself said he never even met her first, but he talked to her on the phone for a few minutes and made his decision. Sounds to me like no review or scrutinization process occurred....

Also, I wouldn't ever judge someone for being pregnant. A child is always a blessing. I just wonder if these staunchly conservative my-way-or-the-highway Republicans will be as lenient and open-minded.
    Last edited by cachluv; 09-01-2008 at 10:36 AM.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Am I reading the date on this wrong??

(The Associated Press)

If so, this would actually be old news? And if she has not had the baby by now, then she should pop any second??

Or did I read the original post wrong?

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Like it or not (and I don't, particularly), this will make her more relatable to many.
    I haven't seen it reported by any major news network. Maybe they'll leave it alone. I really think it would alienate her to the party base. It may relate her to undecideds in the middle. It's still going to be a landslide unless something unexpected happens.

Noelle Page Guest
    BTW, I suspect Palin and her husband eloped because she was pregnant, but that's purely my theory.
    Wouldn't be surprised in the least. Also, Obama's mom was pregnant when she wed his dad.

Never mind the old cartoon, these are the "Wacky Races." I kind of love it, though. What next?

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    Am I reading the date on this wrong??

(The Associated Press)

If so, this would actually be old news? And if she has not had the baby by now, then she should pop any second??

Or did I read the original post wrong?
    That's got to be 9/1/08. Some parts of the world don't know how to phrase a date.

deathybrad Guest
    Wouldn't be surprised in the least. Also, Obama's mom was pregnant when she wed his dad.

Never mind the old cartoon, these are the "Wacky Races." I kind of love it, though. What next?
    But these are "conservative" people. You have to live up to your own standard.

kafenervosa Guest
    Did I read your post correctly? I'm one of those "conservative" people, and I don't always live up to my own standards. I'm only human, try to learn from my mistakes and do things better the next time.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    That's got to be 9/1/08. Some parts of the world don't know how to phrase a date.

Oh, ok, duhhhhh

Thanks Brad....I usually can see stuff like that, but for some reason my brain is still in August....
    Must not have had enough coffee this morning

IrishBabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post

Christian Conservatives will not go after her. I think you're mistaken about what we actually believe. All babies are a blessing, and everyone makes mistakes. We all sin in the eyes of God. It's what we make of those mistakes than defines our character. Judging others is a character flaw we all have...but we have to try and be kind to each other, whether we believe the same or not. That is basic humanity.

What really sticks in my craw is that if she were a man, this would be a non-issue. These supposedly "enlightened" individuals in the main stream media will attack her for not being home (as if that stops pregnancy), while talking out of the other side of their face about career women "having it all".

I know of SATM's whose daughters have gotten pregnant. It happens. It's how you deal with the situation that is important.

Noelle Page Guest
    Which they will do as she is forgiven, marries and has the baby. They'll say she screwed up, but she didn't abort. They'll say this is not up to our standards, but unlike some, we at least have standards. I'm just sayin....this will be the response.

They will contrast this with Obama's actual quote that if one of his daughters messed up, she should not be "punished with a baby." That was an unfortunate turn of phrase.

All this stuff cuts both ways, which is why it's so fascinating.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kafenervosa View Post
    Did I read your post correctly? I'm one of those "conservative" people, and I don't always live up to my own standards. I'm only human, try to learn from my mistakes and do things better the next time.
    I mean absolutely mean no offense. I learn from my mistakes too but you are my VP Candidate. Unfortunately they are running against non-conservatives that have a very clean record within their own lives.

deathaddict Guest
    She kind of reminds me of Lorraine Bracco in the Sopranos. You know James Gandolfini's phsychologist. Shes very articulate and she seems to be great and getting the crowds attention. She could go far.

deathybrad Guest
    They will contrast this with Obama's actual quote that if one of his daughters messed up, she should not be "punished with a baby."
    But that is the truth. That's what the republicans want to do is punish people. The republican party has always been jealous of people who are getting laid. I'm pro-choice, not anti-life and attacking liberals as if we want mandatory abortions isn't going to work any more.

This could actually rack up some high marks due to the fact she didn't choose an abortion...... I'm just sayin'

Yeah, makes you wonder if McCain chose her and knew this would be a point to use on the abortion issue

Noelle Page Guest
    But that is the truth. That's what the republicans want to do is punish people. The republican party has always been jealous of people who are getting laid. I'm pro-choice, not anti-life and attacking liberals as if we want mandatory abortions isn't going to work any more.
    I know Brad, but it was a terrible choice of words for a presidential candidate. Tell that to all the women out there who are desparate to have a baby, and cannot.

IrishBabe Guest

Um...what you want to say is that "some in the Republican Party". Meet and talk to actual Republicans. We don't want anyone punished. We're generally pretty nice, tolerant people. We have different opinions than you do. Do I think I'm right? Sure. But so does everyone with an opinion. That's why it's called an opinion. I hope that you defend your opinions as voraciously as I do. You deserve no less.

No, I don't believe in abortion...but I am not going to call you out if you do. And I certainly don't want to see anyone punished who has done nothing wrong.

Generalizing says more about you than it does about those of us you've lumped together.

Noelle Page Guest
    The republican party has always been jealous of people who are getting laid.
    Doesn't seem to be a problem in the Palin family!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Yeah, makes you wonder if McCain chose her and knew this would be a point to use on the abortion issue
    I was looking at cach post which states that McCain had never even met Palin, and all of this really makes me curious about why she was chosen.
    They all play dirty pool, because it's whatever it takes to win.

deathybrad Guest
    I know Brad, but it was a terrible choice of words for a presidential candidate. Tell that to all the women out there who are desparate to have a baby, and cannot.
    I wish a baby for every woman who desperately wants one but you are crossing you messages so you make me look like a bastard. Conservatives love to protest abortion clinics by saying that they would love to adopt your baby, but statistically they don't. Most people who would be offended by that statement by Barack wouldn't vote for him anyway.

Noelle Page Guest
    Iyou make me look like a bastard.
    No sweetie, not you.....just saying Obama used an unfortunate phrase, that's all. And it doesn't make him a bastard to me, either.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Um...what you want to say is that "some in the Republican Party". Meet and talk to actual Republicans.
    Well the people in the party and the legislators in the party are two different things. David Vitter, Larry Craig, and Mark Foley represent you unfortunately.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I wish a baby for every woman who desperately wants one but you are crossing you messages so you make me look like a bastard. Conservatives love to protest abortion clinics by saying that they would love to adopt your baby, but statistically they don't. Most people who would be offended by that statement by Barack wouldn't vote for him anyway.
    Yeah, I think those are 2 separate issues. Wanting a baby and not being able to have one is different than a young girl being saddled with one she may not be able to care for and that might alter her life in bad ways. Also a child's.

deathybrad Guest
    No sweetie, not you.....just saying Obama used an unfortunate phrase, that's all.
    No offense taken.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Palin with an unwed pregnant daughter, Biden with a son in legal trouble...
    Hey...could be worse....

Cataroo Guest
    It would be really odd if McCain's camp knew about it seeing that up until 2 days ago, Palin's own spokesperson didn't know about it ...

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Report: Palin's Spokesperson Didn't Know About Pregnancy Two Days Ago

deathybrad Guest
    I think it's pretty obvious that in the family pictures that she is pregnant.

IrishBabe Guest
    Well the people in the party and the legislators in the party are two different things. David Vitter, Larry Craig, and Mark Foley represent you unfortunately.

Don't worry, I don't hold Bill Clinton, John Edwards, or any other Democrat whose done something wrong against you.

There are all kinds of hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle.

Noelle Page Guest
    No offense taken.
    Good, cuz absolutely nothin directed at you.....if Obama is pro choice, that's fine with me....but politically speaking, he needs to be sensitive about how he talks about it. For his own good. Sorry if I was unclear.

deathybrad Guest
    Well the democratic party is my party and that's the way it is. Bill Clinton and John Edwards have never had to deny that they were gay.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    Palin with an unwed pregnant daughter, Biden with a son in legal trouble...
    Hey...could be worse....

What is he in trouble for?

Noelle Page Guest
    Yeah, I think those are 2 separate issues. Wanting a baby and not being able to have one is different than a young girl being saddled with one she may not be able to care for and that might alter her life in bad ways. Also a child's.
    I know, guys, I do get that. Just talking about how such a statement is perceived "out there." I'm sure Obama's advisers cringed.

deathybrad Guest
    Good, cuz absolutely nothin directed at you.....if Obama is pro choice, that's fine with me....but politically speaking, he needs to be sensitive about how he talks about it. For his own good. Sorry if I was unclear.
    I just want that choice to be there, I don't think I could ever make that decision.

Cataroo Guest
    What is he in trouble for?
    Go here: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11160

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Christian Conservatives will not go after her. I think you're mistaken about what we actually believe. All babies are a blessing, and everyone makes mistakes. We all sin in the eyes of God. It's what we make of those mistakes than defines our character. Judging others is a character flaw we all have...but we have to try and be kind to each other, whether we believe the same or not. That is basic humanity.

What really sticks in my craw is that if she were a man, this would be a non-issue. These supposedly "enlightened" individuals in the main stream media will attack her for not being home (as if that stops pregnancy), while talking out of the other side of their face about career women "having it all".

I know of SATM's whose daughters have gotten pregnant. It happens. It's how you deal with the situation that is important.

No, they will not go after her, but because their already commited to McCain, not because of any altuistic motives.......what I have seen of them in the media, they are self righteous, judgemental folks......many have been caught with their pants down, and it`s why I don`t trust any organized religion that has that much power to fund a candidate........I`m not gonna get in a pissing contest over this, because I`ve basically kept my views to myself, out of respect for other people`s opinions........I`ve said it a million times, I could care less.....I`ve already made up my mind, and this thread helped.......no, not all Christian Conservatives are the same......but if your gonna hold Obama up to the spotlight, Palin should get the same treatment.....she scares me.....I thought maybe I would find something through all the post, and everything I`ve read these last 3 days, that would make me see her in a different light......but that hasn`t happened.....at least not for me........doesn`t mean it`s a personal attack on anyone here.......hell, I get flamed for asking the simplest of questions......why is everyone so defensive..........and your right....it does suck that she gets different treatment beacuse she`s a woman, but she knew that going into it........I`m not gonna tiptoe around threads anymore when I feel I have a right to state my opinion as I see it.......I admire anyone who has a true belief in something, but with that belief comes the responsibilty to LIVE IT........especially if your in the public eye.......I live what I believe.....I may not do a good job of it all the time, but I answer to myself and MY higher power.....no one else`s.......