View Poll Results: Will SP' s ass get a mile wide from supporting Chik-Fil-A?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I will be able to see it from my house.

17 65.38%
  • No - That is all.

9 34.62%
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin

xenaswolf Guest
    What exacly were we looking for over in Iraq again? I forget...was it Osama? He still hasn't shown up. Weapons of mass destruction? Yes some weapons were found but I don't think the ones found were the ones that were thought to be there. Oh yeah, now I remember, that Hussein guy that committed genocide. Um Mr. President, sir, Hussein has been dead for a while now. Can my <insert family/friend here> please come home?

Bush tried what his Daddy tried and accomplished one thing Daddy didn't. He got Hussein. Ok sonny, you've outshone pops. Now bring our soldiers home so we will have some freaking people left to defend us on our own shores should it come to that. Unlike many countries, we don't breed just to make soldiers. We're running out of fodder. What the hell will we do then?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Actually Bush's war in iraq is doing better then ever now. Course the one sided news outlets refuse to show the numbers but the fewest number of war casualities ever is now. Bush's surge is working. I personally back the war effort and am glad McCain sees that he cant just leave iraq. Obama wants to be out of iraq within the first 90s days of his term which I think would be a grave mistake.

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    THANK YOU.........I truly would have voted for McCain 4 years ago.....he seems so different now........and the number of war dead is staggering if you consider the amount of time we`ve been there.....you can pay to get the actual list from the War Department ( which we do because of so many friends being over there ) and see the numbers......not trying to piss anybody off, so before ya`all jump, know I`m armed with a grilled cheese sammich......and I know how to use it......
    I liked McCain more back then too. Sigh. I still like him more than Obama.

Obama has some good ideas. I have said elsewhere, if I was in Illinois I would probably have voted for Obama for Senate. I just can't see him being leader of the free world. McCain has more toughness and experience IMO. Obama should have run in 8 years. Then I might be have voted for him.

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    What exacly were we looking for over in Iraq again? I forget...was it Osama? He still hasn't shown up. Weapons of mass destruction? Yes some weapons were found but I don't think the ones found were the ones that were thought to be there. Oh yeah, now I remember, that Hussein guy that committed genocide. Um Mr. President, sir, Hussein has been dead for a while now. Can my <insert family/friend here> please come home?

Bush tried what his Daddy tried and accomplished one thing Daddy didn't. He got Hussein. Ok sonny, you've outshone pops. Now bring our soldiers home so we will have some freaking people left to defend us on our own shores should it come to that. Unlike many countries, we don't breed just to make soldiers. We're running out of fodder. What the hell will we do then?
    The worse part was we totally destroyed innocent people in a country that had nothing to do with OSAMA. Also, the balance of power is now so tilted toward Iran, it is scary.

alot of info will come out in the next couple of months about all the candidates..
    good and bad. we just got to chose the lesser of two evils for the next president. neither Obama or McCain blow my skirt up, but I think anything is better than Bush.
    i don't know who i'd chose, and it's still a long way til november.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kafenervosa View Post
    That did it for me. Not another word to Molly. Those grilled cheese sammiches are DANGEROUS!!!
    Especially my husbands.......he made it.....

Just google wolf hunts in Alaska. The article above, at least about the wolves is true.

She ok's people to get in planes and fly above packs of wolves and then they shoot them like fish in a barrel.
    I spent two years in Alaska. In fact, I'm the same age that Sarah is, so she was most likely in Junior High when I was. I'll have to go and look at my yearbooks and make sure we didn't attend the same school!!! There are many things hunted. I don't necessarily agree with all of them. I didn't eat moose, for instance. However, if you go to other strange places (and believe me Alaska CAN BE strange), you'll notice that hunting isn't uncommon. I'd like to see wolves be left alone and in nature where they belong.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

THANK YOU.........I truly would have voted for McCain 4 years ago.....he seems so different now........and the number of war dead is staggering if you consider the amount of time we`ve been there.....you can pay to get the actual list from the War Department ( which we do because of so many friends being over there ) and see the numbers......not trying to piss anybody off, so before ya`all jump, know I`m armed with a grilled cheese sammich......and I know how to use it......
    I didn't vote for Bush the first time, but I did vote for him the last time. While I was never in favor of the war, I knew that putting John Kerry into office while we were already at war would have been a disaster!!! McCain has a lot of experience and since he does, he knows that going to war isn't usually the answer!!!
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by blondemafia76 View Post
    I am SOOOOO looking forward to the debate. I think she's going to wipe the floor with Biden. I'll pop pocorn and bring the beer, who's wants to come. Provided I dont get wiped out by Gustav.....
    Me too!!!! I'm in. I'll pop some extra popcorn so I have enough to pelt the television with~!!
    Minerva

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    alot of info will come out in the next couple of months about all the candidates..
    good and bad. we just got to chose the lesser of two evils for the next president. neither Obama or McCain blow my skirt up, but I think anything is better than Bush.
    i don't know who i'd chose, and it's still a long way til november.
    You express a lot of what I hear from friends and family. I feel much the same way. My husband and brother in law have digital clocks that are chiming away the exact minutes and seconds left of the Bush presidency. I just want him and Cheney OUT.

Forever-27 Guest
    We went into iraq due to bad intellengence. Not only the russians, but the British and our own intellengence said to us saddam has WMD's and had terror camps within iraqs borders. It was a bad mistake on all 3 accounts. Bush requested that saddam step down from office and hed have no harm done to him or the iraqi people , 3 different times Bush said this on world television and saddam refused, on the 3rd time even booting the UN out of iraq. After telling saddam he would get the same fate as the terrorists he was supposedly protecting, Bush ordered US service people into iraq to remove saddam by force. Saddam refused to step down and was ultimately captured by US forces in some crawl hole. By the request of the iraq governing body, US troops have stayed due to civil unrest.

This war with jihad has been on against the USA since the beggining of the Clinton admistration, president clinton however choose to ignore it. Bush didnt.

That my dear is why we are in iraq

MorbidMolly Guest
    I`m still waiting on the debates too........the only thing I watched from the dems convention was the Obama speech.........agreed with some, didn`t buy some of it.....I will defintely be watching McCain`s acceptance speech.....nothing is written in stone for me, I`m just trying to weigh all the factors.......including Miss Palin.......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blondemafia76 View Post
    I am SOOOOO looking forward to the debate. I think she's going to wipe the floor with Biden. I'll pop pocorn and bring the beer, who's wants to come. Provided I dont get wiped out by Gustav.....

good luck with the hurricane...stay safe.

i got a couple of folding tables and lots of chairs....wanna make it a party??

MorbidMolly Guest
    .......and I TRULY hope this doesn`t turn into a debate on the war.....waht`s done is done, and can`t be undone........we need to move forward and vote our conscience.......I wasn`t going to vote this year, but 40 years of my mother instilling the importance, and priviledge it is, over-won my disgust......ya can`t bitch if ya don`t vote.....

.......and I TRULY hope this doesn`t turn into a debate on the war.....waht`s done is done, and can`t be undone........we need to move forward and vote our conscience.......I wasn`t going to vote this year, but 40 years of my mother instilling the importance, and priviledge it is, over-won my disgust......ya can`t bitch if ya don`t vote.....

exactly how I feel.

Molly, how could you not want to vote this year??? Its going to be an historic election!!! You want to be a part of this!!! Everyone needs to vote!!!
    Minerva

MandyLynn Guest
    We went into iraq due to bad intellengence. Not only the russians, but the British and our own intellengence said to us saddam has WMD's and had terror camps within iraqs borders. It was a bad mistake on all 3 accounts. Bush requested that saddam step down from office and hed have no harm done to him or the iraqi people , 3 different times Bush said this on world television and saddam refused, on the 3rd time even booting the UN out of iraq. After telling saddam he would get the same fate as the terrorists he was supposedly protecting, Bush ordered US service people into iraq to remove saddam by force. Saddam refused to step down and was ultimately captured by US forces in some crawl hole. By the request of the iraq governing body, US troops have stayed due to civil unrest.

This war with jihad has been on against the USA since the beggining of the Clinton admistration, president clinton however choose to ignore it. Bush didnt.

Thank YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    good luck with the hurricane...stay safe.

i got a couple of folding tables and lots of chairs....wanna make it a party??
    HELL YES. I'll even make dip.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    Me too!!!! I'm in. I'll pop some extra popcorn so I have enough to pelt the television with~!!
    the popcorn was for throwin!! It gets stuck in my teeth!!!!!!

You are so right.. I have aholes telling me all the time that I am wrong for what I feel, and will argue till they are blue in the face... yet they aren't registered to vote and never will be. Idiots.

xenaswolf Guest
    By the request of the iraq governing body, US troops have stayed due to civil unrest.

Oh you did NOT just speak ( type ) to me in a condescending tone!

Civil unrest eh? Well it THEIR civil war....let THEM fight it. They've been fighting each other since dirt was brand new.

Sorry, back on topic. I have decided that due to the lack of a candidate of my liking, I will refrain from voting this year. Once again I can put my "don't blame me, I didn't vote for him" on my truck. Win/win either way

Oh and as far as "you can't bitch if you don't vote" sure ya can! It's allowed by the constitution. Why are we only given 2 candidates to vote for? I mean when are people gonna give something new a try like independant a try? This Dem/Rep thing gets OLD!

I can't vote for either candidate because on the one hand ( THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINONS) we got an old white guy that all he ever seems to be saying on TV when I've seen him is "I was a POW in Vietnam". Yes sir, you were and we thank you for your sacrifice. That doesn't make you qualified to run the country. On the other hand we have a young black guy with alot of good speech making and such but he has no experience in politics to speak of. People say vote the issues, not the sex/race card. Well my issues are gay rights, get the hell out of Iraq, fix our economy, fix our healthcare system, fuel issues need work! I just don't see either of the folks running doing that.

I DO however support our troops that are being treated like CRAP by our government.
    Last edited by xenaswolf; 08-30-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Civil unrest eh? Well it THEIR civil war....let THEM fight it. They've been fighting each other since dirt was brand new.

Sorry, back on topic. I have decided that due to the lack of a candidate of my liking, I will refrain from voting this year. Once again I can put my "don't blame me, I didn't vote for him" on my truck. Win/win either way
    Will you not even watch the debates and see if you change your mind?? Still 66 days left!!!
    Minerva

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    Will you not even watch the debates and see if you change your mind?? Still 66 days left!!!
    Everyone should vote. It is our constitutionally given right and it is a blessed one.

20. 08-30-2008, 07:57 PM

Forever-27 Guest

Oh and as far as "you can't bitch if you don't vote" sure ya can! It's allowed by the constitution. Why are we only given 2 candidates to vote for? I mean when are people gonna give something new a try like independant a try? This Dem/Rep thing gets OLD!

I can't vote for either candidate because on the one hand ( THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINONS) we got an old white guy that all he ever seems to be saying on TV when I've seen him is "I was a POW in Vietnam". Yes sir, you were and we thank you for your sacrifice. That doesn't make you qualified to run the country. On the other hand we have a young black guy with alot of good speech making and such but he has no experience in politics to speak of. People say vote the issues, not the sex/race card. Well my issues are gay rights, get the hell out of Iraq, fix our economy, fix our healthcare system, fuel issues need work! I just don't see either of the folks running doing that.

I DO however support our troops that are being treated like CRAP by our government.

No I was being respectful to a lady

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I bet some woman from 100 years ago is probably rolling in her grave right now because of me not voting and is pissed because she wasn't allowed to in her day...sorry.
    This is why I love Aries!

xenaswolf Guest
    No I was being respectful to a lady
    Then I offer my sincerest apologies.

Noelle Page Guest
    Thought this was interesting:

“We may be seeing the first woman president. As a Democrat, I am reeling,” said Camille Paglia, the cultural critic. “That was the best political speech I have ever seen delivered by an American woman politician. Palin is as tough as nails.”

I happen to adore Camille Paglia. She's a liberal, but her thoughts are always original and unorthodox.

UUUUUGGGGG...McCain and his GIMMICK.

Does he really think that he is going to get the votes of all the women who supported Hillary? Well maybe, if there are a lot of them who supported Pat Buchanan as Sarah Palin did in 2000- yeah sure.

This woman is anti-choice, anti-gay rights, and an ultra right wing conservative. If McCain, God forbid should win, every woman in this country can count on losing her rights. SICKENING.

What does an ultra rich old man know about what the average American citizen has experienced during the last awful 8 years under the current idiot? He doesn't have a freakin clue.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    As an economics major, I completed some basic research:

1978 under Jimmy Carter:
    unemployment rate: 12%
    inflation rate: 11%
    Fed interest rate 21%

2008 under Bush

unemployment rate: 5.15
    inflation rate: 3.2
    Fed interest rate: 2.0

I am old enough to remember the 70's, they were alot worse economically. I have this fear that Obama's first term will be Carter's second term.
    Very true things were bad in the 70's !! However for much the US, the early 80s were even worse. Some cities had unemployment rates as high as 15% then and that was under Reagan. I myself can remember seeing people working at Burger King who only a year or two before made 6 figures.

While things may be bad now for a lot of people its still not a national recesson. In other words its very easy to say "we are in depression" if one lives in Detroit but that means nothing in Raleigh-Durham where as recently as last week I heard where those North Carolina cities are "booming" with lots of jobs on hand.

I'm not going to post on this thread because IMO no good will come of any political thread in the end. But I did just want to pop in just this once and say that when I saw McCains pick I wondered "Why did McCain pick Tina Fey to run with him for Vice President?"

(BTW I think they are both beautiful women and I am not disparaging either of them them in any way. But man, I thought it was Tina Fey!!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NOVSTORM Guest
    Al. unemployment rate is 5.1 IL 7.3 MS 7.9
    Alaska 6.9 iNDIANA 6.3 MISSOURRI 6.4
    Az 5.1 MONTAN 4.0
    Arkanasas 4.5 IA 4.3
    Ca 7.3 kANSAS 4.6 NEB 3.4
    Co 5.2 KY 6.7
    Con. 5.8 lA 3.9 NV 6.6
    Delaware 4.4 MAINE 5.4 NH 3.9
    D.c. 6.7 fl 6.1 MD 4.4 NJ 5.4
    Ga 6.2 MAS 5.1 NM 4.1
    Ha 3.9 MICH 8.5 NY 5.2

Idaho 4.1 MN 5.8

It gets worse as we go along....this is from july 2008

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Al. unemployment rate is 5.1 IL 7.3 MS 7.9
    Alaska 6.9 iNDIANA 6.3 MISSOURRI 6.4
    Az 5.1 MONTAN 4.0
    Arkanasas 4.5 IA 4.3
    Ca 7.3 kANSAS 4.6 NEB 3.4
    Co 5.2 KY 6.7
    Con. 5.8 lA 3.9 NV 6.6
    Delaware 4.4 MAINE 5.4 NH 3.9
    D.c. 6.7 fl 6.1 MD 4.4 NJ 5.4
    Ga 6.2 MAS 5.1 NM 4.1
    Ha 3.9 MICH 8.5 NY 5.2

Idaho 4.1 MN 5.8

It gets worse as we go along....this is from july 2008
    Years ago there was guy who had a daily radio talk show named Bruce Williams. He may still be on the air in a few places. On one show he did I remember him saving that any place with an unemployment above 7% is in a recession, below 6% but above 4% is average. Below 4% is pretty good. Below 2% is damn good. Of course NO PLACE will ever get that low since there will always be those who for one reason or another won't work, can't work, those who keep getting fired, etc...to prevent that rate to dip any lower than that reguardless if its goodtimes or bad.

A few years back Virginia's unemployment rate was around 6%. Sounds average BUT Northern Virginia and Virginia Beach, the rate was around 4% while in Martinsville ( near the North Carolina line ) the unemployment rate there was near 11%. So within just one single state you had places with very low unemployment while other places were in a severe depression.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post

Does he really think that he is going to get the votes of all the women who supported Hillary? Well maybe, if there are a lot of them who supported Pat Buchanan as Sarah Palin did in 2000- yeah sure.

This woman is anti-choice, anti-gay rights, and an ultra right wing conservative. If McCain, God forbid should win, every woman in this country can count on losing her rights. SICKENING.

What does an ultra rich old man know about what the average American citizen has experienced during the last awful 8 years under the current idiot? He doesn't have a freakin clue.
    How 'bout reading up on how federal laws are passed, before you go completely delusional.... http://www.november.org/parole/Laws.html

And please tell us all, since you seem to know, what has the average american citizen experienced during the last awful 8 years...since you indeed appear to be speaking for all of us? I'll wait for you to read the latest op-ed piece before you get back to us. Take your time.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    Are they fulla Poo on that site?? I have never been to that site so it got me thinking. If they are, well that didn't take em long to cook up some BS.
    Actually they didn't cook up anything, the KO's blogger simply lifted it from here http://www.mediatakeout.com/2008/262..._her_own_.html

Why make it up, when someone else can do it for you.

Noelle Page Guest
    Here's a link to a real bitchy op-ed piece on Palin from the New York Times. If you dislike Palin, you'll love this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/op...nt&oref=slogin

I wonder how people would have felt if he would have chosen Condie Rice as his running mate?

(runs out of thread)

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I wonder how people would have felt if he would have chosen Condie Rice as his running mate?

(runs out of thread)
    Never woulda happened. McCain's not stupid. Waaaaay too close to Bush.

halogirl5 Guest
    Don't know anything about her. didn't she sing 'I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK?'

BooMom Guest
    I'll admit to being on the fence, was waiting to see who McCain picked. He sure made up my mind in hurry! I'll be backing Obama, I just can't ( and won't ! ) bring myself to vote for a candidate who's VP pick just goes against my moral standings. Palin's just too conservative IMHO.

IrishBabe Guest
    Quoting Daily Kos as a reliable political source is a little like quoting Wiki for your senior thesis.

And not for nothing....Hillary supporters are going to come out in droves for McCain now. Just ask them:

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/d...ad.php?t=26179

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Quoting Daily Kos as a reliable political source is a little like quoting Wiki for your senior thesis.

And not for nothing....Hillary supporters are going to come out in droves for McCain now. Just ask them:

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/d...ad.php?t=26179
    Yes they will. I read that the Republicans have brought in over $7 Million in on line contributions alone since the announcement was made.
    Minerva

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post

Exactly how would women and gays "lose their rights" if McCain & Palin would get elected?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of them ( dittos with Obama & Biden ) but whenever I hear comments like "..if this person gets elected..this group of people loses their rights". How could it be done?

Abortion....Roe Vs. Wade could be overturned but it hasn't yet. I believe one state ( South Dakota ? ) tried to ban abortions on their own. Even that little state ( population wise ) couldn't do it.. When Reagan was President, I remember hearing that he too would "ban abortions", but again he never did either. Abortion has been legal for 35 years, it would be very hard to make illegal now.

Gay rights...when George W. Bush was re-elected I remember hearing a co-worker say "..damn right..W..will outlaw the fags !!". How could have George W. Bush outlaw "those fags" even if he wanted too? Ban two people of the same-sex from living together? Fine companies who offer benefits to same-sex couples? Require all adults to be married by age 25?

Yesterday I heard on the radio that Obama, if elected would "ban guns". I have serious doubts he would be able to get off first base on that issue.

Fixing the economy? OK but the economy always goes in cycles. I can't see how anyone in politics can "give" jobs. Promise yes, say they could yes, but to actually deliver?

Noelle Page Guest
    The only right we've lost lately, that I can think of, is the right to smoke in public. And I don't think that's coming from the right. Right?

SenorMuerto Guest
    After 5 and a half years, casualties are at their lowest point. YAY!

But thank God people are still dying, because that means we're still at 'war'. YAY!

I'll bet those WMD's are still there somewhere. And we'll find 'em. YAY!

And I just know we're days away from capturing bin Laden. YAY!

Don't forget, we're still in Afghanistan too. YAY!

But no matter which candidates you choose, the important thing is to vote! Your vote matters! Thank God I voted for Al Gore 8 years ago and my voice was heard! YAY!

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    The only right we've lost lately, that I can think of, is the right to smoke in public. And I don't think that's coming from the right. Right?
    Most of those anti-smoking laws I believe came from the public who demanded it and voted on it. But yes politics are involved too and like so many laws...those damn loopholes !!

Colorado a few years back passed a no-smoking bill than ban smoking in public places but the way ( I was told ) the law was written only applied to cigarettes but not cigars. So many of those bars who had allowed cigarette smoking in the past got around the anti-smoking law by claiming their place is a "cigar bar". Whoops !!!!!

The state is in the process of closing that loophole.

pattykad Guest
    Wow, that was truly interesting. Just what we need, more
    dishonesty in the White House.

SenorMuerto Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	palinshot.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	7543

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    As an economics major, I completed some basic research:

1978 under Jimmy Carter:
    unemployment rate: 12%
    inflation rate: 11%
    Fed interest rate 21%

2008 under Bush

unemployment rate: 5.15
    inflation rate: 3.2
    Fed interest rate: 2.0

I am old enough to remember the 70's, they were alot worse economically. I have this fear that Obama's first term will be Carter's second term.
    You may be an economics major but I find different numbers on a couple of your stats.
    Of all the post WWII presidents, more jobs were created during the Carter years than any other (around 10 million), annually averaged, this more than were created during the Clinton or Reagan presidencies. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate at the end of 1976 (Ford's last year) was 7.7%, at the end of Carter's last year (1980) it was 7.1%, a slight drop, but virtually the same.

At the end of Clinton's presidency, the unemployment rate was 4.0%. As of July, 2008 the unemployment rate is at 5.7%, a rather significant increase and Clinton inherited an unemployment rate of 7.5%.

Again, according to the Bureau of Labor statistics, the inflation rate in January of 1977 (Carter's first month in office) was 5.22%, at the end of his term in December of 1980, the rate was a whopping 12.52%!
    Bush inherited a 3.39% rate from Clinton, and in June of 2002, this administration had an inflation rate of 1.07% and as late as January of 2007 the rate was 2.08%. However as of July 2008 the inflation rate is 5.60%, a fairly significant increase from the 3.39% this administration inherited.

I know these are raw statistics, but I'm just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

xenaswolf Guest
    I guess we can stand anything for 4 years. We've dealt with the current President and crew for 8 and yes it's time for a change. The scary thing is, which change would be the the best? No one can say for sure I guess. But I cannot with good conscience vote for a team that their co-captain allows the slaughter of my totem animal the Wolf.

MorbidMolly Guest
    It sounds like, from how I read it anyway, that the " Hillary " forum is so pissed they would vote for anyone that had a woman running mate.......I only read one post that actually extrolled the virtures of Palin, the rest just sounded like pissed off chicks, but then I didn`t read very far........I`m damn sure not basing a vote on the gender of a candidate........the Dems at their finest.....if they don`t get what they want, they stomp their feet and throw a fit......why they`ve lost the last 8 years.......they`ll be screaming their heads off when, and if Roe vs. Wade gets overturned......* shaking head *

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Most of those anti-smoking laws I believe came from the public who demanded it and voted on it.
    Well, yeah, I just meant this type of legislation tends to be pioneered and championed in more liberal states like NY and CA, by progressives like Mayor Bloomberg (yeah, I know, he used to be a Republican, but he isnt really).

Point is, I too doubt we will lose any big rights. Not easily anyway. Maybe a coupla little ones.

Some of Obama's top guys think that Hurricane Gustav is a gift to them from God and they honestly could care less about all of the affected people in harm's way. Check it out:

On a plane from Denver to Charlotte following the Democrats' convention, I found myself seated behind former National Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Don Fowler and Congressman John Spratt of South Carolina. Their conversation was interesting to say the least.

For example, they made fun of Sarah Palin for several minutes, Fowler calling her "Dan Quayle" on steroids and Spratt creatively describing her as "just terrible." They both agreed that, "Other than the simple fact that she's a female," she has nothing to offer.

Then there was this gem of a moment from Fowler:

Click to video

So you see, it's funny. That New Orleans will get a hurricane. That's funny because it is due to hit when President Bush is scheduled to speak. Isn't that cool? Fowler isn't the only one who thinks so, just ask Michael Moore.

We all know Democrats used and use Katrina as a political football as callously as possible. Here's a candid moment showing some can hardly wait for another one.

All Class.

BREAKING: Statement from SCGOP Chairman Katon Dawson

"The outrageous behavior of two of the Obama campaign's highest profile supporters in the south is despicable, a cynical politization of life and death. I call on Barack Obama to immediately denounce Fowler and Spratt and demand sincere apologies from these members of the Democratic leadership."

================================================== =

Michael Moore (see link above):

??I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven,? Moore said, laughing. ??To have it planned at the same time ?? that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for day one of the Republican Convention, up in the Twin Cities ?? at the top of the Mississippi River.?
    Minerva

I'd do her.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Sarah Palin (GOV-Alaska-Republican), supports gay rights, says Anchorage Daily News.

Quote ??Gov. Sarah Palin vetoed a bill Thursday that sought to block the state from giving public employee benefits such as health insurance to same-sex couples.?
    Quote ???It is the Governor??s intention to work with the legislature and to give the people of Alaska an opportunity to express their wishes and intentions whether these benefits should continue,?? the statement from Palin??s administration said.?

Coghill said he??s interested in a new plan that would allow state employees to designate one person ?? maybe a same-sex partner, but also possibly a family member or roommate ?? who would be eligible for state-paid benefits. But the employee would have to pay to add that person to his or her benefits.??

Sarah Palin??s veto gave gays the same rights as married couples in Alaska.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote for gay marriage.

Interesting. There??s nothing else on the page. This sure looks like the work of the dastardly right-wing anti-gay attack machine, doesn??t it?

But look who??s really behind this.

In the Linux console, if you enter the following commands, you can learn the secrets of a political dirty trick. First, look up the host of ??sarahpalingayrights.com?? to get the site??s IP address.

host sarahpalingayrights.com
    sarahpalingayrights.com has address 74.208.74.232

Then use the same command to look up the domain name pointer of that IP address.

host 74.208.74.232
    232.74.208.74.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer obamadefense.com

Well, well. ??Obamadefense.com,? eh?

And what happens if you enter obamadefense.com on your browser??s address line?

Why, you??re redirected to none other than FightTheSmears.com, the official Barack Obama site that??s supposed to be defending him against smears.
    Minerva