Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bewitched Cast

Bewitched Cast

Nearly All The Bewitched Stars Have Died Alice Ghostley Died Last Month. Last Year Kasey Rogers [louise Tate#2] Passed Away. Elizabeth Montgomery,dick York & Dick Sargent All Died In Their 60's. I Think Marion Lorne [aunt Clara]was In Her 80's. Lorne And Alice Pearce [gladys Kravitz] Were 2 Stars That Died While The Show Was Going Strong Their Deaths Were Big Losses For The Show. Agnes Moorehead Died About 2 Years After The Show Was Cancelled. Paul Lynde Died In 1982 Only 55 Or 56. I Think Bernard Fox [dr.bombay] And Erin Murphy [tabitha] May Be The Remaining Stars Now. Bernard Fox Is Now 80 Erin Murphy About 43 Or 44.

LupeVelez Guest

Larry Tate

Has an esteemed spot in Hollywood Forever.

Yep, BERNARD FOX is the only one who was an 'adult' on the show, who is still alive. ERIN MURPHY and the various boys who played 'ADAM' are also living of course.

DelightfulDeathHag Guest
    Loved Bernard Fox on TAGS too

GODDESS6 Guest
    omg, this is one of my most favorite all time shows~ i have a "bewitched" kitchen, i know i'm sucha dork~ when alice ghostly died it was heartbreaking, i loved, loved esmeralda~

BERNARD FOX also has the distinction of having been featured in two movies dealing with the sinking of the TITANIC:
    A NIGHT TO REMEMBER (1958) based on WALTER LORD' best seller and (almost) 40 years later in mega-hit [SIZE=3]TITANIC[/SIZE]

the house today.............

a color cel from the opening credit...........

ascerbic wit PAUL LYNDE..................

the extremely versatile AGNES MOOREHEAD............

the first DARIN, DICK YORK & ELIZABETH MONTGOMERY

MONTGOMERY with the 2nd and apparently her preferred DARIN, DICK SARGENT. SARGENT had actually been the original choice back in '64, but he was unavailable. IMO, YORK was the better of the two.

The MURPHY twins, DIANE & ERIN. ERIN played TABITHA 99% of the time. Today she is a housewife and mother. DIANE only portrayed TABITHA a dozen times (after the YOUNG twins who were utilized the baby/infant scenes). All I know about her now is that she is an 'out' lesbian. She has those eyes like KELLY McGILLIS so go figure.

Like many shows that are losing their ratings, the writers added a new baby in the 6th season. Here is one of the actors (one of the LAWRENCE boys ?) who played ADAM.

GEORGE TOBIAS who played ABNER KRAVITZ throughout the series' run with the terrifc ALICE PEARCE who played his wife GLADYS. Sadly, PEARCE died from cancer in 1966.

TOBIAS with the second actress to portray his screen wife SANDRA GOULD who was tolerable. Both actresses had exactly 29 episode credits.

MARIAN LORNE played bumbling, but dearly lovable AUNT CLARA. Here she is shown with MONTGOMERY who accepted an EMMY on behalf of LORNE posthumously in 1968.

CHARLES LANE who played (8 times !) annoying frequent
    McMAHON & TATE client MR. HOTHCKISS in my personal favorite episode entitled Speak The Truth that originally aired on 12/16/1965 in the show's second season. LANE died earlier this year at the grand old age of 102 !

Finally, ALICE GHOSTLEY who was brought on board as ESMERALDA after the passing of MARION LORNE; another well intentioned, but bumbling character who would create havoc, like accidentally conjuring up BENJAMIN FRANKLIN. What to do, what to do ? GHOSTLEY recently passed away at age 81.

My mom has a copy of the SAME Rembrandt picure that was hanging in the Stephen's front hall! that was always totally cool to me. I know, DORK!!!

Dick York was my favorite hands down. He was so good at portraying
    the Darin character. I think Agnes Moorehead also preferred him to
    Dick Sargent. Bewitched was a good show for it's time.

Jersey Girl Guest
    I LOVE Bewitched! And count me in on the Dick York fan club.

I found this pic below of Diane and Erin Murphy...

Erin on the left... Diane in the middle.

And hey... who else remembers the short lived show "Tabitha?" Lisa Hartman played her.. I loved that show!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    I LOVE Bewitched! And count me in on the Dick York fan club.

I found this pic below of Diane and Erin Murphy...

Erin on the left... Diane in the middle.

And hey... who else remembers the short lived show "Tabitha?" Lisa Hartman played her.. I loved that show!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bewitched! I'm so glad Sony was smart enough to release the first five seasons on dvd! I do remember Tabitha. I wasn't born when it was on, but I recently rented it from Netflix. It was baaaaaad! lol Did Lisa Hartman have a nose job? She must have. That pretty much distracted me throughout the series, but I did dig that theme song. I'll probably end up buying it.

I personally preferred Dick York to Sargent. I also adore Alice Pearce and Agnes Moorehead. What always struck me funny was Elizabeth Montgomery and Agnes Moorehead's clipped, almost-British accents. Both were from the States! I never got that, but I do love the way they both spoke.

JeffD Guest
    Geez, great pics guys!! Liz was a babe!

[quote=chirock;22964]My mom has a copy of the SAME Rembrandt picure that was hanging in the Stephen's front hall! that was always totally cool to me. I know, DORK!!!
    Not at all! I always wondered about that picture, and liked it. So it IS Rembrandt! so cool
    [/quote]

Loved Dick York, he was hysterical! Bewitched rocked!

Sam Guest
    My friends all think I'm an IDIOT!!! But if I were to win the Lotto I would have the "Bewitched House" built to the exact scale!
    As an "Army Brat" we moved around a lot when I was a kid and "Bewitched" was the only thing that seemed to remain "constant" in my life even after we moved to Germany in 1966 and came back in 1968 where we had no American TV.
    I had a HUGE crush on Elizabeth Montgomery and in 1975 when she played "Lizzie Borden" I discovered why. The "Lizzie Borden" character and my mother looked like twins!
    It Pi**es my mother off when I say that, but I showed the tape to my nephew when he was three and asked him "Who that woman was?" and he said it was "Grandmother". She still didn't like it, I don't know why?
    Probably because my mother is more like Lizzie Borden than like Samantha Stevens.

God if I could get my hands on some Agnes Moorehead pics. I LOVED her character on Bewitched!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    My friends all think I'm an IDIOT!!! But if I were to win the Lotto I would have the "Bewitched House" built to the exact scale!
    As an "Army Brat" we moved around a lot when I was a kid and "Bewitched" was the only thing that seemed to remain "constant" in my life even after we moved to Germany in 1966 and came back in 1968 where we had no American TV.
    I had a HUGE crush on Elizabeth Montgomery and in 1975 when she played "Lizzie Borden" I discovered why. The "Lizzie Borden" character and my mother looked like twins!
    It Pi**es my mother off when I say that, but I showed the tape to my nephew when he was three and asked him "Who that woman was?" and he said it was "Grandmother". She still didn't like it, I don't know why?
    Probably because my mother is more like Lizzie Borden than like Samantha Stevens.

sam, you may be descended from lizzie borden and they're not telling you!!! lol i loved 'bitched' too, as my husband would call it lol i love the lizzie borden story too, especially the autopsy pics! lol
    pull the string!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Fascinating thread. Cheers.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

the house today.............

a color cel from the opening credit...........

ascerbic wit PAUL LYNDE..................

the extremely versatile AGNES MOOREHEAD............
    did ya know the house is just a facade?, they used it for outside shots, but there was no inside, all those shots were done in studio~ i have a dvd of the house & it looks so homey from the front, but walk behind & it is a facade held up by like 2x4's~ i used frontal shots of the house framed in my "bewitched" kitchen~

cherryghost Guest
    Great the house is still there! Shame that they had Nicole Kidman try to play a great actress in a great TV role!

Our Nic has a repitoire of angry, cold and Im playing at being an actress who once played a great role! She has never moved on from playing afterschool theatre classes cus dad knows I want to be an actress! Her love of Botox sabotages her further LoL!
    Heres to real actresses and grandma Freeze playing none of them!

Sam Guest
    Originally Posted by KELT

Yes, there are many photos of on one of the "Bewitched" web sites. Also one of an actual house built somewhere in the L.A. area.
    I like the way the house looked in 1964 better.
    They almost destroyed it while filming an episode of "Home Improvement".
    I'm glad they rebuilt it instead of tearing it down.

Chevyheaven Guest
    I remember that episode where they were doing work in the front yard... I thought that house looked familar.

Twobeatlesleft Guest
    I have kind of a "Bewitched" memory that I'll never forget. It happened during my one and only trip to Hollywood in June 1989. I parked my rent a car in a pay-park lot one night, and spray painted on the wall were the words "AGNES MOOREHEAD IS GOD". I can still see it clearly if I close my eyes.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Whatever happened to the lady who played Cousin Serena?

I know, I know. Someone asked me that once (an adult). I'm like, dude, it was Elizabeth Montgomery in a black wig.

And yes, the floor plan of the Bewitched house was quite nice, I'd live in a replica.

Guest Guest
    Dick York was THE Darren yup yes imho too!!!

dovescry1999 Guest
    Dick York was THE MAN!!!!
    Sargent seemed too smug for the role.
    I love that show. When I get some money, I'm gonna buy the whole collection (Along with Star Trek: The Original Series)

lisalouver Guest
    I just watched a brand new Biography on Elizabeth Montomery on the Bio channel this weekend.

There was some fabulous footage of her as a 19 year old on her fathers television show.

I learned a lot about her I did not know.

Erin Murphy (how Irish is that?!) was on there and is gorgeous. Is she really a lesbian?

Elizabeths children were on there and her daughter is the spitting image of her mother.

Check it out if you get the chance.

Kelt, thanks for the pictures, as always...top notch!

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    Nearly All The Bewitched Stars Have Died Alice Ghostley Died Last Month. Last Year Kasey Rogers [louise Tate#2] Passed Away. Elizabeth Montgomery,dick York & Dick Sargent All Died In Their 60's. I Think Marion Lorne [aunt Clara]was In Her 80's. Lorne And Alice Pearce [gladys Kravitz] Were 2 Stars That Died While The Show Was Going Strong Their Deaths Were Big Losses For The Show. Agnes Moorehead Died About 2 Years After The Show Was Cancelled. Paul Lynde Died In 1982 Only 55 Or 56. I Think Bernard Fox [dr.bombay] And Erin Murphy [tabitha] May Be The Remaining Stars Now. Bernard Fox Is Now 80 Erin Murphy About 43 Or 44.
    I have heard that Bewitched ( and Car 54 Where Are You ) ranks as one of the most popular shows of the 60's where most of the cast is sadly no longer with us.

In the case of Bewitched, most of the cast died fairly young too. I remember when Montgomery died. I didn't even know she was sick !!!
    Afterall she did do a TV movie not long before her death and I believe she and Sargent were grand marshalls of some gay pride parade a short time before their deaths.

deathybrad Guest
    I absolutely love(d) Elizabeth Montgomery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Originally Posted by KELT

Yes, there are many photos of on one of the "Bewitched" web sites. Also one of an actual house built somewhere in the L.A. area.
    I like the way the house looked in 1964 better.
    They almost destroyed it while filming an episode of "Home Improvement".
    I'm glad they rebuilt it instead of tearing it down.
    I think this is the site your referring to, Sam.
    1164 Morning Glory Circle
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    I remember that episode where they were doing work in the front yard... I thought that house looked familar.

It was also in the movie, "Moving" with Richard Pryor. His neighbor from hell play by Randy Quaid, lived in the "Bewitched" house.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lonestar Guest
    I do believe that Bernard Fox has since passed away.A shame that one of the Murphy twins is gay.

Bernard Fox is still alive and kicking. Why is it ashame that one of the Murphy twins is gay. As long as she's happy why would it matter.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Bernard Fox is still alive and kicking. Why is it ashame that one of the Murphy twins is gay. As long as she's happy why would it matter.
    Did someone say it was a shame Diane is a lesbian? I must have missed that.

That being said, I just re-read and saw that Kelt posted that Diane was the lesbian, I misread and thought it was Erin.

I think I read through the threads too fast sometimes!

38. 05-26-2008, 06:53 AM

lisalouver Guest
    Someone had mentioned earlier in the thread that she was a lesbian, but my comment was aimed at someone later in the thread that said it was a shame that she was a lesbien.
    Ah, I must have missed that.

I was just checking out the pictures of Erin and Diane and when they were young they looked very similar but now look different.

I wonder if they are fraternal or identical?

I certainly have seen identical twins who grew up to look different.

I've seen that too, where supposedly identical twins that look alike as children grow up to look like they are even related.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    I just checked out Erin's WIki page and she has a myspace!

I copied a picture from her myspace.

Here she is in front of the Bewitched house!

And again, she and Diane

Her Wiki says (much like Kelt pointed out) that Erin and Diane started out both playing Tabitha, but as they grew older, Diane started to look different than Erin, and so they went with just Erin.

Here is a really cool piece about three sets of twins that played Tabitha. Looks like one of the Murphy twins is crying!
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

oops, when you click this, you need to click on the read an article about the babies. There is a cool black and white pic and short blurb about the three sets of twins.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I just checked out Erin's WIki page and she has a myspace!

I copied a picture from her myspace.

Here she is in front of the Bewitched house!

And again, she and Diane

Her Wiki says (much like Kelt pointed out) that Erin and Diane started out both playing Tabitha, but as they grew older, Diane started to look different than Erin, and so they went with just Erin.

Here is a really cool piece about three sets of twins that played Tabitha. Looks like one of the Murphy twins is crying!
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bewitched.net/twins~.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bewitched.net/tabithas.htm&h=279&w=311&sz=22&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=ddbVJaujp66t_M:&tbnh=105&tbnw =117&prev=/images%3Fq%3Derin%2Bmurphy%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

oops, when you click this, you need to click on the read an article about the babies. There is a cool black and white pic and short blurb about the three sets of twins.
    Erin is completely recognizable as an adult as being Tabitha. I've seen other pix of her and looks like she did on the show. A lot of shows use twins to play small children so the character can have more screen time, because they can't work children for very many hours each day. Of course the most famous TV twins are the Olsen Twins from Full House. One of the things I read about them was that they use for certain scenes based on each ones different personality traits. So we can thank the producers of Full House for turning the Olsen Twins loose on society.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I read Erin Murphy's wiki page also. Her current husband's name is Darren. That is funny.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elizabeth Guest

Awesome Thread!!

I love this thread, and I of course love "Bewitched".....Elizabeth Montgomery was a wonderful actress, and my vote is Dick York as Darrin was the best!!!

*twitching nose here*

lisalouver Guest
    I read Erin Murphy's wiki page also. Her current husband's name is Darren. That is funny.
    I saw that too and did not make the connection! LOL!

And yea, the Olson twins.....ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I love this thread, and I of course love "Bewitched".....Elizabeth Montgomery was a wonderful actress, and my vote is Dick York as Darrin was the best!!!

*twitching nose here*
    I think Dick York was the better Darren also. Also thanks for the nose twitch. I'm now typing with frogs feet.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Layla331 Guest
    Bernie Koppel...played the apothecary ( pharmacist) on the show..remember he was kinda perverted and chased the samantha around his shop trying to get a kiss...he also played doc on love boat...i know he's still alive and was on quite a few episodes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    I like this one and this one.
    Last edited by Heavenly Tiger; 05-26-2008 at 10:05 AM.

Sampiro Guest

Have Jaime Lee and Tabitha's nephew or niece of your very own for just 10K!

So here's a weird and true story and a way to buy a lasting memento of both BEWITCHED and of Hollywood's Golden Era:

The twins who played Adam on Bewitched went by the professional names of David and Greg Lawrence. They were adopted very soon after birth by a family named Mandel and today go by that surname (which is not the interesting part).
    When they were teenagers they went looking for their birth parents and found out their birth mother had been an aspiring actress who claimed their biological father was Tony Curtis, with whom she had a brief fling in the late 60s and who helped arrange for the private adoption. To the best of my knowledge Curtis has never denied or acknowledged this, but a look at the twins today almost takes away the need for any type of DNA testing.

(Below is their appearance on Vicki in the early 90s- they both look like young Tony Curtises
    http://www.bewitched.net/adam.htm

So anyway, here's the souvenir opportunity: Anyway, one of the alleged (and I believe probably real) Curtis spawn is selling his stud services:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...the%20internet

For only $10,000 you can buy the sperm of one of the twins and have a baby who's not only the grandson of Tony Curtis but of Darrin and Samantha as well (or something like that). It'd be cool if DNA proved they were a descendant of Sally Hemings and Thomas Jefferson as well- it'd be a near clean sweep.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampiro View Post
    So here's a weird and true story and a way to buy a lasting memento of both BEWITCHED and of Hollywood's Golden Era:

The twins who played Adam on Bewitched went by the professional names of David and Greg Lawrence. They were adopted very soon after birth by a family named Mandel and today go by that surname (which is not the interesting part).
    When they were teenagers they went looking for their birth parents and found out their birth mother had been an aspiring actress who claimed their biological father was Tony Curtis, with whom she had a brief fling in the late 60s and who helped arrange for the private adoption. To the best of my knowledge Curtis has never denied or acknowledged this, but a look at the twins today almost takes away the need for any type of DNA testing.

(Below is their appearance on Vicki in the early 90s- they both look like young Tony Curtises
    http://www.bewitched.net/adam.htm

So anyway, here's the souvenir opportunity: Anyway, one of the alleged (and I believe probably real) Curtis spawn is selling his stud services:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...the%20internet

For only $10,000 you can buy the sperm of one of the twins and have a baby who's not only the grandson of Tony Curtis but of Darrin and Samantha as well (or something like that). It'd be cool if DNA proved they were a descendant of Sally Hemings and Thomas Jefferson as well- it'd be a near clean sweep.
    Wow, how cool! I could not get either link to work for me, but I would love to see their pics and wonder if the Tony Curtis thing is true. If they want any DNA, they better hurry up. I think Tony should be on the death watch.

I might be up for some sperm from the twin....but how old are they now? I think his sperm might be too old!

ETA:

I just got the links to work. They are very attractive men, or were when those stills were taken. The sperm link is 4 years old though. Sounds like Tony is unwilling to take the test....I wonder if he is still selling his sperm?

hollwoodbastard.com?!
    Last edited by lisalouver; 06-07-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Happy Halloween, when it comes.