Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Conor Clapton March 20/1991

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    This one is always hard for me......I lost my son almost the exact same time this happened......when Tears In Heaven came out, I could never listen to it without totally losing it........the first year after Dayton`s death is a complete fog......." get over it " seemed to be the manta of everyone around me........I always felt the only people that truly understand are the people that live it......Clapton was there with me.....all the way
    The 'get over it' people make me barfy.
    People push and push for speedy healing and it just doesn't work like that.

And, I am so sorry to hear that, MM.
    Losing a child is something I can't even wrap my mind around.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    The 'get over it' people make me barfy.
    People push and push for speedy healing and it just doesn't work like that.

And, I am so sorry to hear that, MM.
    Losing a child is something I can't even wrap my mind around.
    There's also no such thing as "closure".

Never was, never will be.

New Age Hooey if you ask me.

And there aren't any tears in heaven in the first place. It's a joyful and peaceful existence. We all should share in that wonderfulness, eventually. (my belief anyway)

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    Patty Boyd's book is BORING!!!!!!! Just so you know.
    So was Clapton's. If you are going to do your life story, make it count.

leevancleef Guest
    This one is always hard for me......I lost my son almost the exact same time this happened......when Tears In Heaven came out, I could never listen to it without totally losing it........the first year after Dayton`s death is a complete fog......." get over it " seemed to be the manta of everyone around me........I always felt the only people that truly understand are the people that live it......Clapton was there with me.....all the way
    Im terribly sorry for your loss MM.
    God bless your son.

Glamrock Princess Guest
    So Sorry for your tragic loss MM. Love H XOXO

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    running and playing, l can totally imagine it happening.
    my daughter will run to the wall to decide where to run next. he probably wasn't imagining the glass wall would just not be there all of a sudden.
    Exactly, Finn. Kids do this all the time. They will run up against a wall, look this way and that, and then run off again. He had probably done this many times, and since it was a wall of glass that had never been open before, he just did not realize it was open until it was too late.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I am so sorry for the loss of your son, MM. Some friends of mine lost their little boy in 1999. They too survived. I do not know how any parent can go on after the death of their child, but I have every respect for those who have the strength of character to move on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    This was such a terrible tragedy that could have been prevented on so many levels.

One thing I couldn't grasp is why Conor ran out of the window. I don't have any children yet, so maybe you parents can give me some insight but wouldn't a 4 1/2 year old know what a window is and not jump out of it? Conor must have been aware that he lived in a high rise building. The only scenario that I could imagine is that he was running/playing and accidentially fell out of the window as opposed to running out of the window. Just a senseless tragedy
    I read that he would run to the ledge & jump up on it to sit & look out. I personally wouldn't allow that b/c just the thought of being so close to the edge like that would make me vomit in my mouth. I agree that there should have been bars; windows break, glass fractures, things happen.

Most people don't look for danger in every single situation like I do. I am warped, I admit. It's the OCD, I can't help it.

Nothing wrong with that, RaRa. I find that the older I get, the more aware of my mortalty. So, I'm "afraid" of anything anymore. <sigh>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

bunny Guest
    all I can say is poor little guy! how sad

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Yes its tragic, and as one poster has said already, how does that janitor sleep at night?

cachluv Guest

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Aw love him, he was a sweetheart.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    I believe that it wasnt a window, as lisa has said, it was a glass wall, and the maid had just been cleaning it and left it open.

Oh, well it still seems a bit strange to run into a wall whether there was glass or not. But I guess children just like to run into things. I always though it was a window since thats what most articles I read on this say it was?!?!? Thanks for clearing that up. I don't know, I would freak out if I lived in a top floor with a glass wall and a 4 year old. I would definitely not allow my kids to run into it or would just have it covered. I'm paranoid, I guess. I take so many precautions with my nieces and nephews. Granted that sometimes things happen no matter how much precaution you take. I still find it a bit bizarre though. Nevertheless, he was a beautiful little angel and may he rest in peace.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I read that he would run to the ledge & jump up on it to sit & look out. I personally wouldn't allow that b/c just the thought of being so close to the edge like that would make me vomit in my mouth. I agree that there should have been bars; windows break, glass fractures, things happen.

Most people don't look for danger in every single situation like I do. I am warped, I admit. It's the OCD, I can't help it.
    I am there with you on those last 3 sentences. I get on my own last nerve with it.

Noelle Page Guest
    It's funny though, looking at photos of Conor, I never ever get a "tragic" vibe....just the sense of a happy little spirit. Anyone else?

Don't know if this has been posted before, but here's a picture from the scene. You can clearly see Conor's body and the police examining him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	538932458.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	480.3 KB 
ID:	54198  

I started this thread back in 2008 - never seen this photo before - great post

This was terrible, tragic ending for such a young soul. I can't even listen to 'Tears in Heaven' as you can still hear the raw pain in Eric's voice as he sings it, it's heart wrenching. RIP little man.
    Last edited by BuzzyChick; 01-20-2018 at 03:23 AM.