Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor Clapton March 20/1991

Conor Clapton March 20/1991

born August 14/1986 to Eric Clapton and model Lori del Santo. Clapton was not living with the mother and kid on March 20/91 when the tragedy happened. The day before Clapton had taken 4 1/2 year old Conor to the circus. On the morning of March 20/91, Clapton was supposed to take Conor and his mother to Central Park. It would never happen.

Around 11am everything went wrong in a matter of seconds. Del Santo was in the bathroom. Conor was with the nanny playing hide and seek. A janitor was cleaning a room and had left open a 4ft by 6ft window/door. This is where it gets stupid - Conor runs from the nanny into the room with the open window/door - the janitor stops the nanny to tell her that the window is open - the nanny runs into the room and sees that the window is open and there is no Conor. The nanny screams dreadfully.

here is the mother's account:

http://www.eric-clapton.co.uk/interviewsandarticles/loryinterview.htm

here is Clapton's mention of it in his autobio:

http://www.therockradio.com/2007/10/eric-clapton-recalls-sons-death-in-new.html

the mother claims clapton was not close with his son - maybe she was pissed because the child support payments would stop.

Conor would be 22 today - probably have already been in and out of rehab by now.

Conor fell 53 floors onto the roof of another building. The building was the luxury Galleria condo on 57th Street in New York City. The apartment was owned by a friend of del Santo and they were suppose to stay there for a month - it didn't work out.

more details here on clapton identifying his son and the funeral.

http://www.vanityfair.com/fame/features/2007/11/clapton200711?currentPage=5

Conor is buried in Surrey, England

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6299

I believe this is the building:

http://[link removed at domain owner's request]/the-galleria-117-east-57th-street-midtown-east/condo
    Last edited by cash; 08-17-2008 at 05:39 PM.

starlite Guest
    This is such a sad story, and Tears in Heaven still to this day makes me cry.

sunshine74137 Guest
    This just gives me chills, to this day.

clapton also wrote this song "Circus" - Clapton had taken Conor to the circus the day before he died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp1L6r0Ebcg

Armcast Guest
    Tears in Heaven always leaves a huge lump in my throat.

Seagorath Guest
    I've heard Clapton's song at about 15 funerals since the 90's...can't listen to the song anymore.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I read Claptons book.....it seemed very surface to me. Haven't yet read Patti's.

If it's true that Clapton wanted to have the baby with Del Santo, then I am not sure how he thought it would be quiet? It sounds like he was a maniac about silence, that flies out the window with a baby.
    Also, I don't know how she could put up with him not speaking for days at a time, that sounds abusive and weird.

Tebssis Guest
    This is really a sad story, bless Conor's heart. Even though I don't really care for del Santo, I'm sorry that she and Eric lost their child to such a horrible accident.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    the mother claims clapton was not close with his son - maybe she was pissed because the child support payments would stop.
    actually, clapton said the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sheri Guest
    Regardless of relationship or lack thereof between the parents, Conor still is no longer with us. Who cares if he would have or not have been in and out of rehab by now had he lived? That's just mere speculation as to the what would have beens had this beautiful boy lived.

RIP Conor. Know that you are missed and loved equally, and thought of daily. *soft hugs little one, and a stuffed bear to keep you company on your journey through heaven* Thank you for keeping an eye on your folks no matter their problems together or individually. They were truly blessed to have you.

I remember this well. It's such a sad story. I can't listen to 'Tears in Heaven.'
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Seagorath Guest
    "Would you know my na-ame...If I saw you in heaven?..."

(boohoo, puke)

Just listened to it on you tube....haven't heard that song in years....sad

poor thing, any pics of him landing? how sad...
    pull the string!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    poor thing, any pics of him landing? how sad...
    You can not be serious. I would never want to see a child that way.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Why are their stories so different?

lisalouver Guest
    I'm a bit confused. Del Santo found herself pregnant "not long" after Connor's death, by her "partner". But yet, here it says that in 3 months after the death of her child, Del Santo "got back" at Clapton by screwing George Harrison.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-Harrison.html

I know that you can not grieve forever, but what kind of mother is worried about getting revenge on someone after their child dies? And if she was pregnant with another mans baby, where was that kid while she was screwing Harrison?

That is plain insanity. Plus, she is a very unattractive woman.

Seems to me she has some major issues.

Desertrose Guest
    You know I read some of these posts and sometimes I wonder if I belong here. Conor was a little boy who fell over 40 feet to his death. Your quotes of "oh boo puke" and "would you know my na-ame", and pictures of his body make me sick. Sometimes I believe freedom of speech and freedom of opinions really push the envelope here. Hell, he was a little boy. What is wrong here??????? Are you guys really just wishing for some kind of response to pick a fight? Are you guys sickos or just have nothing else intelligent to say? HE WAS A LITTLE BOY. Pick on the adults here, those who died from suicide, drug overdose, etc. etc. Those adults who could make choices for themselves. But when it comes to children, leave it alone. Scott and Nick, close this thread, children shouldn't be a thread here. I do not want to be associated with people who find it amusing, or somehow funny in their posts, about a child's death. I am always amazed at how insensitive people can be.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    You know I read some of these posts and sometimes I wonder if I belong here. Conor was a little boy who fell over 40 feet to his death. Your quotes of "oh boo puke" and "would you know my na-ame", and pictures of his body make me sick. Sometimes I believe freedom of speech and freedom of opinions really push the envelope here. Hell, he was a little boy. What is wrong here??????? Are you guys really just wishing for some kind of response to pick a fight? Are you guys sickos or just have nothing else intelligent to say? HE WAS A LITTLE BOY. Pick on the adults here, those who died from suicide, drug overdose, etc. etc. Those adults who could make choices for themselves. But when it comes to children, leave it alone. Scott and Nick, close this thread, children shouldn't be a thread here. I do not want to be associated with people who find it amusing, or somehow funny in their posts, about a child's death. I am always amazed at how insensitive people can be.
    Although there were a couple of questionable posts here, you think it is ok to pick on someone who comitted suicide?

Seriously?

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone shared the exact same thoughts that rattle back and forth in that vast cavity of yours? No one is forcing you to be here. Stop reading if you dont like it.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Pick on ...those who died from suicide, drug overdose, etc. etc...
    ^ this offends me.

you don't get to pick what threads are closed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Desertrose Guest
    Ichabodius, is your post referenced to me?

Guest Guest
    my nephew fell out of a 3 story window...he survived..... it was very scary for my family because we had reported his drugged out mother before for child neglect..... after all that she's disappeared and we haven't seen our nephews and my brother hasn't seen his sons for more than 2 years..................... but I believe God protected him because that same week a baby fell out of a 2 story window and died

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    ^ this offends me.

you don't get to pick what threads are closed!
    That is offensive, you are so right.

Desertrose Guest
    I am saying pick on the adults, not the children!

Ichabodius, is your post referenced to me?
    Yes.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

lisalouver Guest
    You said to pick on those who died of drug overdoses and suicide.

That is downright offensive.

Wont somebody PLEASE think about the children!?!?!?!?!?!

Desertrose Guest
    Pick on those adults who made choices for themselves. Children are depending on us to protect them. He was a little boy who fell to his death. "Vast cavity" , real nice. Real class here.

Desertrose Guest
    I don't get to pick which threads are closed, but I can request it. Others have.

lisalouver Guest
    Pick on those adults who made choices for themselves. Children are depending on us to protect them. He was a little boy who fell to his death. "Vast cavity" , real nice. Real class here.
    How shall we protect a dead child? Have you not seen the dozen or more threads here on kids? JonBenet, etc?

I don't get to pick which threads are closed, but I can request it. Others have.
    is this post referenced to me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

People die everyday regardless of age. This is not the FindAnAdultDeathForum. It sucks but it happens. If you dont like some comments disregard them and put the poster on your ignore list. Please do not make demands or control the board as if it was your sole property.

Guest Guest
    about Conner.......... I think it's so sad that (according to his mom) that his father found out just the day before how awesome a little boy he was and the joy of being a father........ I love tears in heaven....... it always makes me sad when he says 'cause I know, I don't belong here in heaven"..... maybe that's his regret talking

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    about Conner.......... I think it's so sad that (according to his mom) that his father found out just the day before how awesome a little boy he was and the joy of being a father........ I love tears in heaven....... it always makes me sad when he says 'cause I know, I don't belong here in heaven"..... maybe that's his regret talking
    Sadly, I tend to think that Connor's mother had something to do with Eric not being the best Dad.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Sadly, I tend to think that Connor's mother had something to do with Eric not being the best Dad.
    I can't recall...but .. how many floors did this poor child fall? Did his parents ever try to sue the maintenance man for opening the window?

Ron Burgundy Guest
    "Vast cavity" , real nice. Real class here.
    Would you have preferred "Vacancy 'tween the ears?"

Either way, both are applicable here.

Stay classy!

Desertrose Guest
    Ich, I have never demanded that this board was mine or my sole property. I have posted my opinions so as not to defend and not get banned. When did you become Scott?????? I find so many of your posts offensive and rude, but never said anything because I like coming here and decided not to get my feathers in a ruffle over others. I get very offensive over children - adults are adults, they make their choices - but children - leave it alone.

lisalouver Guest
    I can't recall...but .. how many floors did this poor child fall? Did his parents ever try to sue the maintenance man for opening the window?
    53 stories I believe. I don't think they ever sued no.

well he should regret it. it shouldn't take you 5 years to realize you're a father and spend a whole day with your kid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest

Guest Guest

Desertrose Guest
    He fell 53 stories, for those of you who find it amusing.

lisalouver Guest
    Apparently, he had another child while still married to Boyd (born the year before Connor)

From Wiki

In 1984, while still married to Pattie Boyd, Clapton began a year-long relationship with Yvonne Kelly; they had a daughter, Ruth, born in January 1985. Clapton and Kelly did not make any public announcement about the birth of their daughter, and she was not publicly revealed as his child until 1991, at the funeral of his son Conor.[34] Boyd did not know of the existence of Ruth until 1991: "What cut deepest was that Eric had known about the child all along. While declaring undying love to me and pleading with me to go back to him, he had been paying Yvonne maintenance for the past six years."[

Ich, I have never demanded that this board was mine or my sole property. I have posted my opinions so as not to defend and not get banned. When did you become Scott?????? I find so many of your posts offensive and rude, but never said anything because I like coming here and decided not to get my feathers in a ruffle over others. I get very offensive over children - adults are adults, they make their choices - but children - leave it alone.
    LikeI said this is a public forum no one here made atrocious or outrageous comments if you dont agree with someone dont freak out say your peace and leave it at that dont demand that a thread be closed then insult people who have had loved ones commit suicide or overdose you dont have to be here no one is forcing you to stay online and read things you dont like dont be a nazi you dont own or control public discourse if you feel so stringly dont stay up til 1 or 3 am or whatever time it is in the space you occupy go to bed get up early and be proactive and make a difference. Sheesh!
    Sticks and stones.

lisalouver Guest
    He fell 53 stories, for those of you who find it amusing.
    I already wrote that answer and perhaps you should just quit reading this thread since you are so offended?

Guest Guest
    well he should regret it. it shouldn't take you 5 years to realize you're a father and spend a whole day with your kid!
    That right there... caused my heart to tear up.... same story with my dad...still wanting to have a father figure

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    53 stories I believe. I don't think they ever sued no.
    53..... God...that's just terrible

(sorry...extra emo tonight... percocet/propranolol kicking in)

Desertrose Guest
    I am not a fucking Nazi, You know Ich, your post makes you sound like a fucking idiot.

just to be anal-retentive, it was 49.

from clapton's auto-bio:
    "He then fell 49 floors before landing on the roof of an adjacent four-story building."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest Guest
    just to be anal-retentive, it was 49.

from clapton's auto-bio:
    "He then fell 49 floors before landing on the roof of an adjacent four-story building."

that's still a long fall..... I can't imagine falling like that..... poor, poor baby