Thread: Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    that's his friend's daughter.
    Oh...well that's better but still sad.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    He was a handsome young man.
    I thought so too.

strange thing about this is that nothing ever happens in Manitoba. I was in Winnipeg last year and the entire city shuts down at 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    strange thing about this is that nothing ever happens in Manitoba. I was in Winnipeg last year and the entire city shuts down at 6pm.
    Isn't that what it says on their license plates?

"MANITOBA: Nothing Ever Happens Here"

Chevyheaven Guest
    Manitoba sucks is what is should say. I hate that place. Most desolate boring place on earth. IMO> Nooo need for any ass whoopins from yall canucks.

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Isn't that what it says on their license plates?

"MANITOBA: Nothing Ever Happens Here"

ha !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Manitoba sucks is what is should say. I hate that place. Most desolate boring place on earth. IMO> Nooo need for any ass whoopins from yall canucks.
    Don't worry, Chev..(we all agree with you...)

bunny Guest
    I feel so sorry for Tims family...RIP young guy!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Don't worry, Chev..(we all agree with you...)
    So boring ya wanna dive into a manhole headfirst?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    So boring ya wanna dive into a manhole headfirst?
    isn't that what they're for?

Armcast Guest
    What a sick f**king bastard!!!

I've never believed that just because a person is considered insane automatically gets them a get-out-of-jail-free card. I say get treatment, take meds, get their s**t together and then their ass will be sent to prison for the rest of their life. Period.

They're still dangerous, IMO, and once a person gets released from the loony bin the fact that they murdered somebody can never be erased.

kimba Guest
    I'm not gonna be quick to judge the other passengers.
    my husband is Asian, 6'2' 250 + lbs. I am 5'4. I would be the first to try and stop the attack- I know this - I am first to respond to emergencies, my brain just goes into damage control. But- knowing how big my hubby is, and imagining him in a knife wielding frenzy, with - not a penknife or a carving knife, but a military knife, at least 10 inches long, with a wide serrated blade...stabbing the kid anywhere 50 or 60 times???
    what could I do? What could I do, besides what those guys did? Get everyone else off the bus. And yes, the little old lady got knocked down, but they picked her up and got her out. I can only imagine the frantic Mom throwing her child to strangers 4 or 5 ROWS ahead to get it to safety.
    Can you imagine the terror?
    Like I said before, a knife like that, the first 2 stabs would probably be killers, and what the heck can you do after that?
    What if they had tried to attack the guy, and he took hostages, killed or maimed others? Tim was gone the minute he started stabbing him. I'm glad they got everyone else out.

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Ha!
    Winter peg....

lane4 Guest
    This is so sad & tragic. Reminds me how I feel when I hear about children getting killed. (I will not open threads about kids - makes me way too depressed). This one is also making me depressed. Seems as if Tim was a wonderful guy.

Seagorath Guest
    Did this idiot work? How the hell did he function in society? Have they released photos of the knife?...I'd like to know the brand & model. For some reason I keep envisioning this...

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Did this idiot work? How the hell did he function in society? Have they released photos of the knife?...I'd like to know the brand & model. For some reason I keep envisioning this...

that's the description!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    On the police tape one of the officers says a couple of times he also had scissors...
    Not sure what that was all about...

AmyWinelake Guest
    wow how horrific is it to witness a crime of such barbaric proportions!

sunshine74137 Guest
    how can you blame the other passengers! This is a crazy dude with a big knife, What are you going to do, Say stop that right now or I'll get the bus driver to give you a pink slip. I think someone needs a time out.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I looked for him on mydeathspace and he hasn't been listed yet. Here's his myspace page...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=108390479

Poor guy... RIP.

AmyWinelake Guest
    I think someone needs a time out.
    They should have put him on the naughty step

ooohhh if I believed in it I'd be going straight to hell!!!

Martini M. Guest
    Geez, did you read his stats? He was a little guy.

"I'm 21, im about 5'5"- 5'6", but whatever short ppl rule the world, I weigh 125 lbs."

I also read he was sleeping when the guy attacked. I hope he didn't suffer. How terrifying for everyone who had to witness it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    I looked for him on mydeathspace and he hasn't been listed yet. Here's his myspace page...

Poor guy... RIP.
    I feel so bad for him and his family. So harsh. I wonder if they'll start arming the drivers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Being Dead: It Can Really Take a Toll on Your Social Life"

sunshine74137 Guest
    I wish the Fruit loop would talk, I wanna know what he was thinking

Dane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini M. View Post
    I also read he was sleeping when the guy attacked. I hope he didn't suffer.
    Me too, I hope he never woke up or awoke only for a few seconds before he died.

This is just horrifying.

Chevyheaven Guest
    well the blood curdling screams would indicate to me that he did suffer. Alot.
    I only hope that he lost consciousness will in couple seconds due to blood loss.

unfortunate picture on his myspace page:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knifeinheart.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	6991  

sunshine74137 Guest
    Ohhh, foreshadowing

Wow. Hadn't seen this story. Speachless.

Seagorath Guest
    New details on accused in bus beheading

Published: Friday, August 01, 2008

EDMONTON - An Edmonton man charged with murder in the beheading of a Greyhound bus passenger worked as a newspaper delivery man.

Vince Weiguang Li, 40, worked in the Clareview area delivering the Edmonton Journal, Edmonton Sun and the National Post until he left his contract position in April, said his former employer, Vincent Augert. He returned to delivering papers in the Concordia area in July. Augert said Li called him three weeks ago, saying he had a job interview in Winnipeg. That was the last time Augert and Li spoke to each other.

Li is accused of stabbing and decapitating Tim McLean, 22. McLean died Wednesday night on the bus near Portage La Prairie. McLean had been working at Capital Ex in Edmonton and was taking the bus back home to Winnipeg.

Augert discovered Li was the man accused in the killing today after another employee recognized Li's name in the news. Augert looked the story up on the Internet and identifed Li through photos posted on news websites, he said.

"It's him," he said, adding two of his employees also said they were "99.9-per-cent sure" that it's him, he said.

Li delivered newspapers on Monday. On Tuesday, he "fell off the face of the earth," Augert said.

Augert called Li's cellphone and said a woman calling herself Li's wife called him back.

"She says to me that 'I don't know where he is, he had to leave town, it was an emergency,' " said Augert.

Augert said Li had worked at a McDonald's restaurant. His delivery supervisor called him a "nice guy," Augert said.

Li appeared in court in Portage la Prairie, Man., today to face a second-degree murder charge.

Judge Rocky Pollack asked that Li be held in custody pending a court-ordered psychological evaluation. Pollack indicated he wasn't prepared to make that order until Li had an opportunity to talk to a lawyer.

When asked by Pollack if he wanted a lawyer, Li said nothing, keeping his head down the entire time. However, when the judge asked him if he was exercising his right not to speak, Li reportedly nodded his head.
    Li is being held in a Winnipeg detention centre and is under constant video surveillance.

The Edmonton RCMP's major crimes unit has been asked to help police in Manitoba investigate, K-Division spokesman Craig Albers said today.
    Li's next court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.

how can you blame the other passengers! This is a crazy dude with a big knife, What are you going to do, Say stop that right now or I'll get the bus driver to give you a pink slip. I think someone needs a time out.
    I agree with you completly. It was a insane complety. Honestly if we were all in that situation, maybe our minds would have said rush that guy. Or climb out the window while you are peeing your pants.
    Last edited by eca1094; 08-01-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Seagorath Guest
    From Saturday's Globe and Mail
    August 1, 2008 at 10:16 PM EDT

WINNIPEG — In his last phone calls and text messages, slain bus passenger Tim McLean was eagerly looking forward to seeing his friends and family, talked about how much he was enjoying himself, and made no mention of the peculiar passenger now charged with his murder.

Alexandra Storey, Mr. McLean's ex-girlfriend, said he sent her dozens of texts as the Greyhound he was riding made its way east to Winnipeg from Edmonton Wednesday night. The 22-year-old Winnipegger was coming home after seven weeks working on a carnival tour of Western Canada.
    He told her some of the other passengers were taking ecstasy, a party drug with stimulant properties, and that he was counting down the hours by sending a new text at every town he passed.

It was from Brandon, Man., some time before 8 p.m. that he sent the longest flurry of texts, she said. He planned to go see his father, collect his pet iguana from a friend and wanted to visit Ms. Storey later that night. After their relationship ended, he became like a brother to her, she said, and he was particularly devoted to her daughter, April. In his last message, Mr. McLean said his phone was dying and he was going to charge it when he got to Portage la Prairie.

Ten minutes later, his accused killer, 40-year-old Vincent Li, changed seats, making his way to the last row of the bus and sitting next to Mr. McLean. Witnesses said the younger man, barely 5 foot 5 and 125 pounds, had fallen asleep with his headphones on, his cheek resting against the window, while Zorro played on the bus's television screen.

Without warning, witnesses said, a man stood up and stabbed Mr. McLean several times in the throat and torso, sending passengers scrambling off the bus. Afterward, the killer severed his victim's head, hacked at his body with a large knife and a pair of scissors, and, according to reports from the scene, ate some of the body parts.

Derek Caron, Mr. McLean's closest friend, was waiting at the Winnipeg bus station that night, anticipating a 9:45 p.m. arrival. He hung around patiently as Greyhound officials told him the bus was delayed, but as the hours passed they never explained what had happened. He left only when they closed the terminal after 1 a.m.

Although police didn't release his name, the description of the victim passed on by witnesses – a small, aboriginal man of 18-20 years – seemed to fit Mr. McLean, who wasn't aboriginal but looked it, Mr. McLean's friends said. As the day wore on, and they received no word from him, a small group gathered outside the home of his father, also named Tim McLean. When the older man arrived home from work, he greeted them cheerfully, asking if they were waiting for his son.

They sat down with him at his computer as he watched the news for the first time. He put his hands over his mouth and said, “No, no, no. My God, no,” according to a woman who was there. He tried to contact the RCMP to confirm his worst fear. His son's friends said an uncle had spoken to the RCMP already, and was told his nephew wasn't a passenger on the bus. But later that night, Mr. McLean had to identify his son's body.
    As they struggled with their grief Friday, friends described the young man as a warm, fun-loving free spirit who attracted people to him with his energy and joie de vivre. He had never been in a fight in his life, said his friend Will Caron, who had known him for 10 years.

“There is no way he could have provoked that guy. No way. He's just not like that,” said Colleen Yestrau, who had allowed Mr. McLean to stay with her for three months before he left on the carnival circuit. They also said Mr. McLean had asked his father, in a text message sent Wednesday evening, if it would be all right if a girl named Stacey stayed with them once he arrived in Winnipeg.

Mr. McLean dropped out of Oak Park High School before completing Grade 11 because he had other priorities, his friends said. He would spend the summer months touring Western Canada, starting with the Red River Exhibition in Winnipeg, and travelling to the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver. He ran booths and games at the fairs, which he referenced in his latest tattoo, a cursive script across his stomach saying “Wanna Play.” He sent a photo of it to Ms. Storey, which, in a ghostly twist, she received several hours after he was killed.

He was also proud of his other tattoos, including cartoon character Marvin the Martian, a spider and skull, and one that said “Joker Wild.”
    He hadn't had a fixed address for several years, his friends said, but would often stay with one of them for three months at a stretch, and then move on. In the winters he worked at various jobs, cleaning and repairing street lights, manufacturing brake shoes, pumping gas and managing a fast-food restaurant.

Will Caron said he last saw his friend in mid-June, when a group gathered for a massive weekend-long board game of Risk. As his wife Jodi broke down in tears over the loss of their friend, and his three-year-old daughter talked about how her father had been crying too, Mr. Caron just shook his head in disbelief. Why didn't anyone fight back? he asked. Surely the three dozen passengers could have overpowered a lone man with a knife.
    “Only in movies would you think something like this would happen. Not in real life. Not on a bus,” he said.

Derek Caron said he and Mr. McLean were planning to move to B.C. together in the fall. Mr. McLean loved the outdoors, he said, and they were going to set out with a tent and find whatever work they could.
    The gruesome details of their friend's killing, the beheading and dismemberment, are rarely mentioned, referred to only in whispers, but their presence lingers in every conversation.

“I'm hoping it was quick,” Ms. Storey said. “I hope he didn't suffer through it.”

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post

Poor guy... RIP.
    He was such a cute kid. Did you get a load of that pic in his comments??

I see you did. That's gonna suck, having to see that every time someone checks his page.

Did you also notice he was a Juggalo!? Eesh

Seagorath Guest
    I just can't get this story out of my head. I went to bed tonight at midnight and just woke up to type some thoughts. What's really disturbing me also is that several of the passengers were supposedly doing ecstasy during the bus trip (according to Tim's text messages)...So this event was probably magnified 100-fold to them. Talk about a "buzz kill". Many of these people were probably just chilling and watching Zorro when this shit went down.

What I really can't wait to read about is when this sick murderer FINALLY meets with his wife. Can you imagine what she's going to ask?

Tebssis Guest
    i have a feeling that even if we had the dp these days this guy wouldn't qualify. He's clearly crazy. I believe it's the same in the us - if you don't understand the nature and quality of your action, you're insane and cannot be put to death. Even in texas
    lmao! :d

kimba Guest
    OMG- the dad had to go and identify his son's body!!???
    how horrific was that??

Although police didn't release his name, the description of the victim passed on by witnesses – a small, aboriginal man of 18-20 years – seemed to fit Mr. McLean, who wasn't aboriginal but looked it, Mr. McLean's friends said. As the day wore on, and they received no word from him, a small group gathered outside the home of his father, also named Tim McLean. When the older man arrived home from work, he greeted them cheerfully, asking if they were waiting for his son.

They sat down with him at his computer as he watched the news for the first time. He put his hands over his mouth and said, “No, no, no. My God, no,” according to a woman who was there. He tried to contact the RCMP to confirm his worst fear. His son's friends said an uncle had spoken to the RCMP already, and was told his nephew wasn't a passenger on the bus. But later that night, Mr. McLean had to identify his son's body.

That had me blubbering, poor Tim and i feel so much for his family this has got to be one of the most horrific stories i've read on this forum

cherryghost Guest
    I would have been one of the passengers takiing pics . Just for us...(I know, I know. I'm going to hell)
    Or you duster, me or anyone could have been sitting next to the psycho! No pics , no laughs, no vomiting!

The aboriginal description is interesting, being Australian.... in Canada are the indiginious people also called aboriginal! I think they are?

Interesting also that there is always much more info on the victim than the killer... dont you think?

OMG a good friend of mine,Canadian just about to go back home for a holiday and she is reconsidering the bus route from the airport! In Australia we do bus and train trips, long and ardouous all the time! Such a random killing is very terrifying! Condolances to the family, so sorry to the victim, and what a horrific loss !
    Last edited by cherryghost; 08-02-2008 at 07:56 AM.

Chevyheaven Guest
    I think the Canucks call their aborigs' Natives.

Veery sad for his family.

sunshine74137 Guest
    For some reason Tim reminds me of Christopher McCandless, In looks and his outdoorsy life.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I see you did. That's gonna suck, having to see that every time someone checks his page.
    l did?
    what did l do now?

I think the Canucks call their aborigs' Natives.
    Veery sad for his family.
    yeah, native or l think they prefer "first nations" now.

GravesEnd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    What I really can't wait to read about is when this sick murderer FINALLY meets with his wife. Can you imagine what she's going to ask?
    WTF... He has a wife? I hope this fucker has the exact same thing done to him in prison what he put his poor victim through.

wonderland Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    OMG- the dad had to go and identify his son's body!!???
    how horrific was that??
    that must have been awful but someone had to... I don't think he stabbed his head though, "just" sliced it off, so at least it was almost intact.

(havent read all about this care yet sorry)

What freaky stuff! :S Very sad..

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Such a horrific story! Poor guy!!!!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    that must have been awful but someone had to... I don't think he stabbed his head though, "just" sliced it off, so at least it was almost intact.

(havent read all about this care yet sorry)

What freaky stuff! :S Very sad..
    The police tapes said he was doing something to the head, I hope it was not obvious to the Father

Seagorath Guest
    Here's the quote from the article...

"Augert called Li's cellphone and said a woman calling herself Li's wife called him back."

Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    WTF... He has a wife? I hope this fucker has the exact same thing done to him in prison what he put his poor victim through.

xenaswolf Guest
    I think its really neat listening to Canadians talk. That guy being interviewed was all like.."A-boot this and A-boot that.." Great accent. Accents are really cool.
    Is "buddy" Canadian for dude?

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    Is "buddy" Canadian for dude?
    It's pretty much Newfoundlander for this guy, or that dude.
    Maritimer, dontcha know.
    That's why he had the accent.

kimba Guest
    l did?
    what did l do now?

yeah, native or l think they prefer "first nations" now.
    aboriginal,first nations, native, Indian.

kimba Guest
    WINNIPEG -- Passengers who witnessed a grisly killing aboard a Greyhound bus prevented an even greater tragedy by getting off and locking the accused killer inside, according to a self-defence expert.
    "Because of the intensity of the situation, many lives were saved by those people retreating," said retired military cop Kim Marshall, a 22-year veteran of the Canadian Forces. "They did exactly the right thing."
    Marshall, a former member of the military services' Close Personal Protection Team, said the randomness of the attack must have left everyone helpless to defend the victim.
    "In my opinion, even someone with police training would have had trouble apprehending the suspect," said Marshall, an instructor at Meibukan Goju Karate Winnipeg Dojo.
    Marshall said once the passengers knew the victim had been seriously wounded, they made the right choice to flee "because logic dictates self-preservation."

"I tell my students to use physical confrontation only as a last resort," he said.
    "In my professional opinion, anyone in close proximity to a knife should retreat, get to a safe place and then call authorities, which is what they did."
    In a highly stressful situation, there are physiological and psychological responses working closely together, said Marshall.
    "The brain is the most powerful tool we possess," he said.
    "It makes us aware of changing circumstances around us and how to deal with them."
    Some of victim Tim McLean Jr.'s longtime friends are upset no one on the bus tried to disarm the suspect.
    It may have been too late to save McLean Jr.'s life but had someone intervened, his body wouldn't have been disfigured and beheaded, they said.
    "At least they would have tried," said Jessica Kehler.
    "There were 37 people on the bus. One of them could have done something," said Collen Yestrau, who had known McLean since they were three.

Seagorath Guest
    What a sick piece of shit!!!!...I'm tempted to pull a "Jack Ruby" on his bitch ass...This guy is "pure evil incarnate"...a bonafied MONSTER...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtyOPs-x9k0